Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I doubt Warren would really care! LOL

Well it was after that bit in the police station when he said he wouldn't be contacting Spencer because he had already mourned him, you could either take that as him not wanting to hurt him or not giving a shit and not wanting to be saddled with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Well it was after that bit in the police station when he said he wouldn't be contacting Spencer because he had already mourned him, you could either take that as him not wanting to hurt him or not giving a shit and not wanting to be saddled with him.

I'm going for the latter option on that one:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to believe in the Brady code of conduct MrsL (I really, really do) but I actually think it just consists of things he hasn't got around to yet. ;)

I can imagine him declaring that he isn't a grass/wouldn't hurt a woman in a very convincing way then ringing the police on you and battering your girlfriend if he felt the mood take him. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »
    Any news?

Big gangster show down starring Brendan, Warren and Danny is kicking off this week laura. :D

No Stendan news but you can't have everything. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=ally08;46713675]I want to believe in the Brady code of conduct MrsL (I really, really would) but I actually think it just consists of things he hasn't got around to yet. ;)
    I can imagine him declaring that he isn't a grass/wouldn't hurt a woman in a very convincing way then ringing the police on you and battering your girlfriend if he felt the mood take him. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol I never thought of it that way Ally, so when Brendan says he wouldnt do something it just means he hasen't done it at that precise moment in time. Or in the case of him mugging Cheryl it was an accident so it didn't count:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's a case of him being 'weaker' that Warren but I would say he is certainly more human (in the fact that he has people he actually cares about like Ste and Cheryl) His humanity makes him potentially more vulnerable. Whereas Warren is such an arse he wouldn't pull a drowning child out of a river. I think we are going to be spending a lot of time getting irate and shouting at our tv screens in the forthcoming weeks ladies:D

That's a good point. But I like the humanity that is beginning to emerge in Brendan. It just makes me love him even more than it is humanly possible. :D He sabotages his own opportunities through fear and plays by his own peculiar rules, but he is not the sociopath I once believed him to be. The very fact that he actually went on a proper date with Ste expresses this. And you're right, Warren truly is an emotional tosser.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new video from the E4 site
    http://www.e4.com/video/Qb6CtcWUgdOa3a3UzsqNfd/play.e4
    no Brendan :( but there is a clip of warren in chez chez
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

I laughed out loud at how quickly they got rid of the whole "Spencer issue". "Will you be contacting him?" "Nope." End of. :D
    I want to believe in the Brady code of conduct MrsL (I really, really do) but I actually think it just consists of things he hasn't got around to yet. ;)

I can imagine him declaring that he isn't a grass/wouldn't hurt a woman in a very convincing way then ringing the police on you and battering your girlfriend if he felt the mood take him. ;)

There are lines I haven't crossed ... make me cross that line for you ... Amy ...

sniffs scarf.

everyone trembles ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! All sounds great!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredcat wrote: »

Thanks. Hmm...no Brendan, but they maybe want his return to be a surprise? I'm clutching at straws a bit, but i really want some Brendan on E4 today! :D

ETA: Ooh, saucy Cameron's proper creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guy Candy, woo hoo:D
    Carl Costello- Total arse:mad:
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Oh my god the India stuff looks great!

Saucy Cameron is super creepy! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Isn't this India stuff seriously creepy!? He's a really good actor.

And Guy Candy are pretty good! But I notice there's no Taylor - he was definitely in the original pics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Carl Costello is a genuinely unpleasant little turd, why can't Warren start a vendatta against him?

I am wondering if Brendan walks in on Warren in the cellar again, that might be interesting.

Warren even digs for murder weapons in a dull yet strangely disgusting way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a good point. But I like the humanity that is beginning to emerge in Brendan. It just makes me love him even more than it is humanly possible. :D He sabotages his own opportunities through fear and plays by his own peculiar rules, but he is not the sociopath I once believed him to be. The very fact that he actually went on a proper date with Ste expresses this. And you're right, Warren truly is an emotional tosser.

No Brendan is no sociopath, I think that arch has been well and truly written out now the writers have cottoned on to the fact it isin't what we want to see:)
    I like to hope there will be a chance for Brendan to find some inner peace somewhere along the line. Yes the more we see of his human side the more we love him, I thought my heart was going to burst on the 'date' and as a woman of nearly 32 I really should know better:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Carl Costello is a genuinely unpleasant little turd, why can't Warren start a vendatta against him?

I am wondering if Brendan walks in on Warren in the cellar again, that might be interesting.

Warren even digs for murder weapons in a dull yet strangely disgusting way.

i dont understand why he thinks the knife will be there. he threw it into a burning building that was then rebuilt, he didnt bury the knife so why would it be under the floor? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand why he thinks the knife will be there. he threw it into a burning building that was then rebuilt, he didnt bury the knife so why would it be under the floor? :confused:

I've given up trying to make sense of it fredcat, the whole thing is bollox from beginning to end, I have just decided to go with it for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [/B]

No Brendan is no sociopath, I think that arch has been well and truly written out now the writers have cottoned on to the fact it isin't what we want to see:)
    I like to hope there will be a chance for Brendan to find some inner peace somewhere along the line. Yes the more we see of his human side the more we love him, I thought my heart was going to burst on the 'date' and as a woman of nearly 32 I really should know better:o

I'm so glad about the rewritten SL, as Brendan murdering Amy would have well and truly flat-lined his and Ste's relationship. :( The writers have obviously purposefully dictated his character from a more sociopathic, detached, inhuman one, to something a little more misunderstood and misconstrued, and we all adore a troubled and outcast character, don't we! ;) I'm hoping that the SL alteration, and the subsequent shift in the evolution of his character, points towards a more emotional climax for Stendan than I originally thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that it is great that he is becoming more human but I don't want it to go too far I still want him to be unpredictably magnificently unhinged, in fact I think this gangster story might give him the scope to do something truly legendary. :D
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Cute Kieron backstage bits in this video on internet safety. And Andy (love Andy): http://www.e4.com/video/XxUxVKHdHWPvNs1db4byiF/play.e4
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm so glad about the rewritten SL, as Brendan murdering Amy would have well and truly flat-lined his and Ste's relationship. :( The writers have obviously purposefully dictated his character from a more sociopathic, detached, inhuman one, to something a little more misunderstood and misconstrued, and we all adore a troubled and outcast character, don't we! ;) I'm hoping that the SL alteration, and the subsequent shift in the evolution of his character, points towards a more emotional climax for Stendan than I originally thought.

You can really see the shift as well. There was humanity in him all along, especially around Ste, but it was suddenly loads more obvious from the famous deadly eggs and onion rings epi, where they show him being all lovely with Chezza and flirty round India and Ste. Almost as if those were the scenes shot after they'd decided to rewrite the whole arc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Cute Kieron backstage bits in this video on internet safety. And Andy (love Andy): http://www.e4.com/video/XxUxVKHdHWPvNs1db4byiF/play.e4

Thanks Mojo! Love watching all the backstage stuff, Kieron is too cute, it was missing some Emmett though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Righty-O! Got to hop off, guys. I'll be back later for some more discussion and chit-chat. :D Ciao~
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Righty-O! Got to hop off, guys. I'll be back later for some more discussion and chit-chat. :D Ciao~

Bye, speak later :)
This discussion has been closed.