CS - Owens Job Offer...

Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight Owen announced that he had a job offer... laying tarmac on the roads of Aberdeen...
He stated that he would be one of the Boys From The Black Stuff...

Great great great series showing the poverty of the 80s that most of us experienced...

My question is...
Should we call Owen... Tosser Hughes...

By coincidence he also looks a bit like him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRXnO9v0sA

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about all this mate, Yosser was a card an all that, remember it well.

But Sammy Lee was better looking than my missus at the time, if I remember it right.
    The same shape too.

I reckon Sammy would have made better roast spuds though.
  • chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Great if he really was laying Tarmac in Aberdeen... The roads there are full of nasty pot holes..
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah well it gives the actor who plays him time to have a nice little holiday - I am sure the weather will be fantastic in "Aberdeen" and Owen will return suitably bronzed. And another scene of the supposedly 'brassic' Windbags supping in the Rovers with wet lettuce Anna.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    My guess is that Owen will suddenly find work all over the place with no trouble at all and the money troubles will disappear very quickly. He will be totally unaffected by, and have no memory of, the last few months.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Corrie, there's only one reason why a character disappears for a few weeks ... to allow their partner to get up to something naughty. So what's anna going to be doing during that time?

Hang on, just thought - there's now another reason why characters go off to look after sick relatives .... but I'm sure that's not the case with owen.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only the mighty Phelan had bought the builder's yard...........