Coronation Street 6.56m (36.4%)
EastEnders 5.91m (30.5%)
Coronation Street 6.29m (31.7%)

And with BGT on ITV next week EE is likely to fall below 5m again

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ratings are a weird thing these days. Do many people watch shows live now?
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    It's all Fat Elvis' fault. Someone give that man a hamburger and show him to the loo.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a Friday Night thing

all the soaps were downlast friday as well.

nothing to be worried about people are just going out enjoying the nice weather

note the audience share is not really down which shows that there were less people watching all channels and all shows rather than people deserting to watch something else
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, whatever shall we do! :o
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Last Night

Eastenders slipping under 6 again last night

Emmerdale 5.25m (32.4%)
    EastEnders 5.91m (30.5%)

This is not even a needed thread, if it was constant then perhaps but for an episode its a stupid childish thread
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Night

Eastenders slipping under 6 again last night

Emmerdale 5.25m (32.4%)
    EastEnders 5.91m (30.5%)

Oh emmerdale was also below 6m but then again they always are so why make a big deal
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    This is not even a needed thread, if it was constant then perhaps but for an episode its a stupid childish thread
    Exactly.
    Thing is Monday and Tuesday opended the week if the biggest rating and share in 7 weeks but no thread was reported.

Thursday EastEnders clashed against Emmerdale so perhaps people didnt catch up yet and It's a long weekend (Nice Evening yesterday) So people are out making the most of it.

EastEnders WILL be third soap next week and WILL be around 4 million across the week because its put of slot Mon and Fri airing at 7:30 and going against BGT.

I player and BBC3 showings WILL be up
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings are a weird thing these days. Do many people watch shows live now?

Yes, about 90% of viewing is live.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Thing is Monday and Tuesday opended the week if the biggest rating and share in 7 weeks but no thread was reported.

Thursday EastEnders clashed against Emmerdale so perhaps people didnt catch up yet and It's a long weekend (Nice Evening yesterday) So people are out making the most of it.

EastEnders WILL be third soap next week and WILL be around 4 million across the week because its put of slot Mon and Fri airing at 7:30 and going against BGT.

I player and BBC3 showings WILL be up

I for one didn't watch Thursday and Friday's, I've been out with friends & family, but I will be catching up soon:D.

It's a Friday night at the end of May anyway, so no big deal!:p.
  • Options
    Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not quite 90%. Barb is a good source for live viewers with it's top 30 monthly catchup.

Eastenders seems to get around 2m viewers that don't watch live.

Monday 6th April
    Live: 5.35m
    Catch up- 2.06m
    Total- 7.41m

Therefore it's total live viewers was 72%. That most likely increases when it clashes with Emmerdale

Thursday 2nd April
    Live 3.4m
    Catch up- 2.33m
    Total- 5.73m

In this instance only 59% watched live.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That surprises me. I never watch itv live, not that there is much worth watching on that channel. I always sky+ and fast forward through the ads. I must be an advertisers nightmare. :o
  • Options
    mad-1mad-1 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some soap fans just can't grasp the fact that this is the level soap ratings are at now, it's mainly EE fans who obsess about ratings on this site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it isnt.
    Steady40 wrote: »
    Not quite 90%. Barb is a good source for live viewers with it's top 30 monthly catchup.

Eastenders seems to get around 2m viewers that don't watch live.

Monday 6th April
    Live: 5.35m
    Catch up- 2.06m
    Total- 7.41m

Therefore it's total live viewers was 72%. That most likely increases when it clashes with Emmerdale

Thursday 2nd April
    Live 3.4m
    Catch up- 2.33m
    Total- 5.73m

In this instance only 59% watched live.
    Also excludes People watching Via a mobile or Tablet.
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I for one didn't watch Thursday and Friday's, I've been out with friends & family, but I will be catching up soon:D.

It's a Friday night at the end of May anyway, so no big deal!:p.
    I watch last nights episode on record at about 11:30 last night.

Ratings will recover a week monday but will be reduced again Tuesday with another soap clash. This two weeks are always a bad week for EastEnders.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings aren't that importantn theses days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ratings aren't that importantn theses days.
    They are but now there is a much bigger picture. I noticed EastEnders tweeted last night about monday airing at 7:30 and they said if you can't make it to BBC1 check out I player.

LIVE week saw an Ep over 10 million (Peak over 11m)
    The Officials were high 11m and then with I player added the total reach surged. TV has changed. LIVE TV/Must see events are the only way ratings rise so much. Soaps can't live producing Stunts and Events week after week.

Next Weeks Corrie is Similar to EastEnders LIVE week.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Next week's Corrie is nothing like EE live week. That is a once in 5 year event.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Lots of people have other ways of Watching now. And I'm pretty sure BBC do well with their I player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    ^Next week's Corrie is nothing like EE live week. That is a once in 5 year event.
    I said "Similar"
    Casual viewers tuned in to find out who the killer was and of course as it was LIVE. Next week people will tune in for the Stunt and Aftermath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willows wrote: »
    Lots of people have other ways of Watching now. And I'm pretty sure BBC do well with their I player.
    They do it's the reason why they promote it. Like with EastEnders next week "If you can't make it to BBC1 we will be on I player"
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    They do it's the reason why they promote it. Like with EastEnders next week "If you can't make it to BBC1 we will be on I player"

Yep exactly. They probably know aswell next week is quite a tough schedule for them.

It's also handy that the I player actually works. :D Same can't be said for ITV player ;-)
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie will do well next week usually does . I think about 9 million most nights. Eastenders we will all be recording and such.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That surprises me. I never watch itv live, not that there is much worth watching on that channel. I always sky+ and fast forward through the ads. I must be an advertisers nightmare. :o

I don't blame you :L if I'm watching a non bbc channel I go and get a drink or a snack while adverts are on. If I recorded the. Skip. I only watch iacgmoh on itv and that's only on three weeks a year xD
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I wonder if DTC will spit his dummy out on Twitter, blaming ITV about this too?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    I wonder if DTC will spit his dummy out on Twitter, blaming ITV about this too?

Why would he? :confused:
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would he? :confused:

He's had a go at ITV on Twitter, complaining about the editing of the soap awards.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a648922/eastenders-producer-criticises-itv-for-british-soap-awards-editing.html