Exactly when did BB 'jump the shark'?

2»

Comments

• ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It went all shark jumping on us when Big Brother/Channel 4 dedicated so much airtime to the "kill the Pig" anti Jade campaign of BB3 (think of Norton and McCall and the depths of despising they promoted). Then when they realised they had totally misjudged the public perception of her, they turned their venomous spite on two faced Adele. Just remember McCalls appalling, hate filled post-eviction interview with Adele.
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB6. It either had no story or went horribly wrong - lots of individuals and groups having pointless rows and all the HM designed to be mad, bad , braindead, planning their escape, outrageous or Eugene.

BB7 had a story but it was ended after a month so we could watch nothing happening for 9 weeks and they had to bring the story back in week 12.

BB8 seems to be BB6 again. This time its more likeable people having trivial arguments about nothing. No sign of any story at all.

The networkbabe is right, as she so often is. What I meant to say was that BB5, while a very good series, sowed the seed of, or LED to BB jumping the shark, which started with the following series, which was of course BB6
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The networkbabe is right, as she so often is. What I meant to say was that BB5, while a very good series, sowed the seed of, or LED to BB jumping the shark, which started with the following series, which was of course BB6

Well I don't agree. I loved BB6 and it could possibly be my favourite series ever.

All these people whining about how "it aint what it used to be" are just living in the past. Funny how nostalgia works... everything good about the past is remember and the bad stuff glossed over.
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB5 and BB6 were only a year apart you know and my opinion of those shows is radically different. It's got nothing to do with nostalgia, just a dislike for the direction in which the show's been steered in recent years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping the Shark sort of sounds like the language of Sugar ape to me. Or maybe Endemol.

Maybe the question should be re-phrased as "when did the head go so far up it's own ar*e that it could eat it's own sh*t?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ennui wrote: »
    Maybe the question should be re-phrased as "when did the head go so far up it's own ar*e that it could eat it's own sh*t?"
    and the answer would probably be when Dawn was ridiculed and humiliated before our very eyes by the staff of Endemol as if she was a prisoner in Abu Ghraib! I shall never forget the hateful look on McCalls face as she accused Dawn, on national TV, of breaking the BB rules as if this was a most heinous crime in the statute books of the United Kingdom.

Forget the words jump and shark, it's Head ar*se & sh*t.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it has, people just think it is because the housemates are annoying and try to second guess Big Brother. There should be a rule against discussing secret houses.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has to be when Nikki went back in. That proved they'll go to any lengths to maintain interest, even if it means conning the public out of money. They carried this madness on with CBB5, putting Jade back in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley "jumped the shark" for me, when she got down on her knees next to her bed and started to pray with hands together. I get her post modern irony, but this was as bad as Makosi's pregnancy announcent.