Options

the post a picture of yourself thread

Comments

• Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The book's fab, agreed! It was the first 'grown up' book I ever read... and I've been having a bit of a Hitchcock film marathon over the festive period. There never has been anybody better at creating suspense!

Did you see the Birds thing about Tippi Hendren? and it was one of the first grown up books I read as it was one of my Mums favs and left lying around.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Your place or mine?

:o:o:o:o :o

Wherever's easiest ;)
    Very kind! Thank you! Though I can't take the credit for the username/book :)

This larger pic (from flickr) and this will be deleted soon also ;)

:eek:
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see the Birds thing about Tippi Hendren? and it was one of the first grown up books I read as it was one of my Mums favs and left lying around.

Yeah, I watched the BBC2 programme with my mother! Marnie (starring Tippi, obviously) and Vertigo have always been my favourite Hitchcock movies :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I watched the BBC2 programme with my mother! Marnie (starring Tippi, obviously) and Vertigo have always been my favourite Hitchcock movies :D

I think he was probably a bit of a bastard when he didn't get his own way. But the skill in building the tension is wonderful. I don't like films like the Saw series they are overkill, I prefer a story and tension and he was the master of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    :eek:

:confused::eek:

Apparently I'm a milf... despite being in my mid-twenties and childless. Don't be afraid! :D:p
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    :confused::eek:

Apparently I'm a milf... despite being in my mid-twenties and childless. Don't be afraid! :D:p
    Well Childless yeah but going by the description where I grew up most 16 year olds could be called that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was probably a bit of a bastard when he didn't get his own way. But the skill in building the tension is wonderful. I don't like films like the Saw series they are overkill, I prefer a story and tension and he was the master of that.

I completely agree - gore does not equal tension! I'm not a film buff, so I don't know how Hitchcock achieved what he did, but he really did know how to create a tense atmosphere from the first minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    II don't like films like the Saw series they are overkill

I love the Saw films my pic may have given that away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree - gore does not equal tension! I'm not a film buff, so I don't know how Hitchcock achieved what he did, but he really did know how to create a tense atmosphere from the first minute.

I love watching films I'll often watch them on my laptop to fall asleep. I'm a big film buff.

I love the Saw films my pic may have given that away

It did :) I just find them over gory. I am not a fan of blood and gore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It did :) I just find them over gory. I am not a fan of blood and gore.

Well I do love all horror I have films in my collection going back to the Boris Karloff-Bela Lugosi-Lon Chaney Jr era
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I do love all horror I have films in my collection going back to the Boris Karloff-Bela Lugosi-Lon Chaney Jr era

They were films that had suspense and a story line and a build of anticipation. The saw films are just an excuse for more and more gore.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Very kind! Thank you! Though I can't take the credit for the username/book :)

This larger pic (from flickr) and this will be deleted soon also ;)

Bless my soul, another very attractive young lady.

Who'd have thought it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Bless my soul, another very attractive young lady.

Who'd have thought it? :D

Given your procrastination over posting a current photograph, I was expecting something deeply disappointing from you... but not so! You are rather youthful looking, actually! ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Given your procrastination over posting a current photograph, I was expecting something deeply disappointing from you... but not so! You are rather youthful looking, actually! ;):D

You're far too kind. :)

I wasn't procrastinating, I just wanted to throw in a little guessing game to keep my fellow posters occupied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're far too kind. :)

I wasn't procrastinating, I just wanted to throw in a little guessing game to keep my fellow posters occupied.

Well, it worked! :p
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Pretty de Winter lady!

I love horror films full stop. Whether it's a creepy psychological suspense thriller or a splatter fest it's all good. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it worked! :p

I was mighty relieved with the response my photo got I can tell you.

Just the boost my battered middle-aged ego needed. I can now throw myself into my midlife crisis. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was mighty relieved with the response my photo got I can tell you.

Just the boost my battered middle-aged ego needed. I can now throw myself into my midlife crisis. :D

There's no way you're even a decade within a midlife crisis, surely? I certainly hope I'm not, and I don't look all that much younger than you! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty de Winter lady!

I love horror films full stop. Whether it's a creepy psychological suspense thriller or a splatter fest it's all good. :D

I love the suspense ones, but not the splatter fests. Not a gore fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty de Winter lady!

I prefer the psychological stuff myself.

I'm a Blair Witch Project kind of a chap.

Don't Look Now is also a brilliant film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's no way you're even a decade within a midlife crisis, surely? I certainly hope I'm not, and I don't look all that much younger than you! :eek:

I will be 40 in May. My midlife crisis is in full swing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be 40 in May. My midlife crisis is in full swing.

Well... you're rather youthful (despite the procrastination ;))... so I must be rather 'middle aged' and mumsy :eek: Oh well...

I checked back through the thread to find the recent picture of you and there is no way that you're older than your early-thirties, I'm sure! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well... you're rather youthful (despite the procrastination ;))... so I must be rather 'middle aged' and mumsy :eek: Oh well...

I haven't been described as "youthful" for a very long time. How can anyone who is bald look youthful? :D

I must have posted a particularly flattering photo or something. :confused:

You look like you are in your mid twenties.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milf?! Crikey... I'm only in my mid-twenties! :eek::D

You are very attractive, regardless. You look very happy in the pics x
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/307892_207118976016482_4974354_n.jpg

I'm 2nd from the left... and will be removed within 30 mins :)