Come Dine With Me 2012 (Part 2)

Comments

• suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I think they knew she'd win and wanted to see the reaction. She might have won but she was not a nice woman and everyone has seen what she is like now. So, she is a loser in that respect.

Also the children she was 'teaching' :eek: looked frightened and horrified at her aggressive methods. Maybe she will get some feedback re this too.
    But the headteacher/governors would have given permission for C4 to film in the school plus parental agreement is required. Suggests that the school know exactly what she's like and don't have a problem with it.

I know someone who works in schools with young people focusing on sex ed/contraception etc. She needs to be upfront/assertive or she would sink under a gaggle of lairy teenagers but she is never as crass/vile as that thing.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was appalled by Claire's behaviour. But according to someone on the CDWM FB page, Carly did win; however, they had to get Claire back to give her score and she won as well. Which seems fairer but does leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Obviously, we don't see anything except the edited highlights (and apparently what happened on the last night - with Claire, presumably - was even worse than what was shown - there was a very good reason she was shown the door, and it was fairly obvious also that there had been a huge chunk of the events omitted from being screened). However, I was astonished at her complete twisting of Carly's choice for her steak. What she actually said and what Claire decided she WANTED were two entirely different things - then she decides to let that fester and lay into Carly for something that was entirely her own doing. And in her house on her night. Which was disgusting behaviour for a guest.

I did enjoy the weekly episodes, though. Nice people, at last and it was about the cooking more than the personalities.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I had to turn off.

I would love the other contestants to come on and tell us what really happened.

I cannot believe that excuse for a woman is employed in education.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    But the headteacher/governors would have given permission for C4 to film in the school plus parental agreement is required. Suggests that the school know exactly what she's like and don't have a problem with it.

I know someone who works in schools with young people focusing on sex ed/contraception etc. She needs to be upfront/assertive or she would sink under a gaggle of lairy teenagers but she is never as crass/vile as that thing.

I agree the relevant parties will have given permission. I find it hard to believe anyone - school, parents and children thought her behaviour on CDWM acceptable. I expect she will just shout down anyone who dares to make a comment she doesn't like.

You pointed out the big difference with her teaching style; assertive v aggressive/crass. That's a big difference. She used the same tone of voice and same volume of voice in the classroom and CDWM. Clearly, none of the adults liked it. So the children shouldn't have to either. She needs some staff development.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the episode today and have come to the conclusion, I feel sorry for the husband if she has one.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the husband if she has one.:eek:
    At least he presumably has the compensation of being a Prince.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    hate the way CDWM focuses more on 'wacky' characters :yawn: these days but THAT episode (with 'I'M A PRINCESS!') was absolutely FABULOUS!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As annoying as Clair was, I think that Carly was very confrontational to the point of being aggressive and that made me more uncomfortable. Perhaps, in time, she will learn the best answer for a fool is silence (in other words they shoud have ignored the idiot woman).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I am just going against the tide of anger towards Clair, but as unpleasent as I found her is she really the worst guest CDWM ever had? I think not. It seems that Carly's confrontational and overly aggressive way of dealing with this moron rubbed off on everyone else. So she doesn't like your food, is that a reason to sink to her level and start name calling? That is not behaviour I will champion, no matter what the reason. To me NONE of the people in this were particularly nice. A come dine with me to forget I think.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's was good, fully expected to hate the young girl, but all came over great in the end. Hope this carries on through the week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't edit my last post, I want to say when I said hate it was because normally people who sit there reading the menu going on about not liking this that and the other get me going. She actually tried the food with an open mind and even enjoyed the 2 fish courses.

I hope for the rest of the week, she carries on trying with an open mind those courses which she might not fancy when reading the menu.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I quite enjoyed tonight's too! Lovely food and everyone seems so civilised and not over the top. Fair scoring too, a real competition for once! Long may it continue!
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above 2 posts. A lovely freindly hostess, a decent meal and band and all the guests seem to have a bit of personality without being OTT.
    A good start to the week.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Ambergold wrote: »
    Maybe I am just going against the tide of anger towards Clair, but as unpleasent as I found her is she really the worst guest CDWM ever had? I think not. It seems that Carly's confrontational and overly aggressive way of dealing with this moron rubbed off on everyone else. So she doesn't like your food, is that a reason to sink to her level and start name calling? That is not behaviour I will champion, no matter what the reason. To me NONE of the people in this were particularly nice. A come dine with me to forget I think.

The worst guesr ever? Got to be the ex-pat lunatic, elderly gentleman who when revealed that no-one shared his sense of 'humour', turned in to Leona Helmsley's nastier brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst guesr ever? Got to be the ex-pat lunatic, elderly gentleman who when revealed that no-one shared his sense of 'humour', turned in to Leona Helmsley's nastier brother.

:D I remember him, he was a nightmare!! I think he was the one who set up a "chefs table" dead fly included, then got in a tizzy because the guy (understandably) didn't want to sit there!! Yep, he would certainly be up there in the worst CDWM guest catergory!
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they serve plated up meals. Surely - unless you know the person really well - ie close family - most people let dinner guests help themselves from serving dishes :rolleyes: Or is it just to create controversy? - ie you give someone a load of something they turn out not to like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this week, even the 2 people I thought I would hate I like. Why can't all the Come Dine's be like this? 5 people in it for meeting new people, trying new food and getting involved with everything. Hope nothing happens over the next 2 episodes to ruin the week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its shaping up to be an enjoyable week this week. Found the "what animal does lamb come from, is it a cow or a pig" a bit excruciating though :sleep: hope they don't play on that for the next two nights. But they all seem really up for enjoying the experience rather than it being their "Showtime"
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Ambergold wrote: »
    :D I remember him, he was a nightmare!! I think he was the one who set up a "chefs table" dead fly included, then got in a tizzy because the guy (understandably) didn't want to sit there!! Yep, he would certainly be up there in the worst CDWM guest catergory!

yep, along with that man that bought that girls glass bowl/vase from table setting. I think the next night was his go, he got progressively drunk as he prepared the food and by the time the guests arrived he was trolleyed. They laughed at his food and he went mental about it and basically told them they were all arses and he had no plans to meet any of them ever again once 'this was finished' :D
    I think he sent them home with asparagus and hollandaise sauce sachets, still love that week when it turns up on repeat, ultimate car crash tv
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to say a word about the Lunchtime repeats from Sheffield this week. So glad that theatrical Mark won - isn't he the doppelganger of Bill Buckley, an early series winner and equally theatrical? :cool:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me/episode-guide/series-21/episode-24
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this week, even the 2 people I thought I would hate I like. Why can't all the Come Dine's be like this? 5 people in it for meeting new people, trying new food and getting involved with everything. Hope nothing happens over the next 2 episodes to ruin the week.

This is the first week I have watched for well over a year as I got so fed up with the procession of idiots that have become the staple fodder, but this bunch have restored my faith. perhaps the producers have taken on board the critism, then again, perhaps not..............
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seem like a nice bunch tonight compared to last week. :)
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,053
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »
    Yes its shaping up to be an enjoyable week this week. Found the "what animal does lamb come from, is it a cow or a pig" a bit excruciating though :sleep: hope they don't play on that for the next two nights. But they all seem really up for enjoying the experience rather than it being their "Showtime"

For someone who's proud to describe herself as an "airhead" she got remarkably snitty when the other guests laughed at her ignorance. And to think there are children in the world who would walk 20 miles a day to get an education!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the 5 parter this week, not too keen on the hour long one though. Saying that, all of them had one positive. They weren't anywhere near as bad as Clair last week.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't caught up with the episodes from last week, but just wanted to say Gareth the DJ from the previous week was def a dish I'd like to eat :o