International Cricket 2013

Comments

• ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    8th is not average. It is below average. 5th would be average.

As others have said, I didnt mean literally average, hence why I preceded average with 'very very'. However you are right, I should have worded it differently.

Just heard the news about Ryder on cricinfo. Apparently hes in a coma at the moment. So things look serious, hopefully he makes a full recovery.
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Jesse a quick recovery and look forward to seeing him play again. One of the greatest characters in the game and a real crowd pleaser.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    and sometimes can't help getting into bother.
    Seems it was just your standard set of murderous thugs.

The trouble was in being there and that could happen to anyone.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bangladesh pulled off a surprise victory over Sri Lanka in the 3rd odi thanks to the rain
    Sri Lanka scored 302 but Bangla's target was reduced to 184 off 27 overs after rain intervening when they were 78/1
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Bangladesh pulled off a surprise victory over Sri Lanka in the 3rd odi thanks to the rain
    Sri Lanka scored 302 but Bangla's target was reduced to 184 off 27 overs after rain intervening when they were 78/1

Well done bangas, but it has to be said in these days of t20, D-L really doesn't work well, when the chasing team have had a shortened innings.

Really what are the chances of them chasing 306 in 50 overs?
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/627340.html
    good news Jesse Ryder Out of ICU, hopefully he can recover fully and play cricket again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Clarke admitted to hospital with gastro enteritis. Not having a good time of it lately. I'm sure there's a way I could work 'at least he's in the runs' into this.......

Also, Pakistan have announced a 30 man squad for theChampions Trophy and have dropped Younus Khan. I know he's struggled recently, but I would have thought it a good idea to keep in a 30 man squad for his experience
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Also, Pakistan have announced a 30 man squad for theChampions Trophy and have dropped Younus Khan. I know he's struggled recently, but I would have thought it a good idea to keep in a 30 man squad for his experience

That is a surprise. His experience would be required, he is more than likely to turn his form around, and start scoring again. Without him the middle order does look weak. Younis, Misbah and Malik were not a bad (not great mind you) middle order.

If anything I would have looked at the opening pair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    James Taylor has been left out of the England 30 man squad for the summer. He was a surprise selection for the Test team last year and may benefit from a full season in county cricket . Good to see that Tremlett appears to be fit again , I'm pretty sure England will need him this year, with bowlers prone to injury .

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/627690.html
    Forum Member
    England provisional squad for Champions trophy
    Alastair Cook (Essex), James Anderson (Lancashire), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Ravi Bopara (Essex), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Danny Briggs (Hampshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Somerset), Varun Chopra (Warwickshire), Rikki Clarke (Warwickshire), Jade Dernbach (Surrey), Steven Finn (Middlesex), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), James Harris (Middlesex), Craig Kieswetter (Somerset), Stuart Meaker (Surrey), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Graham Onions (Durham), Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), James Tredwell (Kent), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire), Chris Wright (Warwickshire), Luke Wright (Sussex), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    England provisional squad for Champions trophy
    Alastair Cook (Essex), James Anderson (Lancashire), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Ravi Bopara (Essex), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Danny Briggs (Hampshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Somerset), Varun Chopra (Warwickshire), Rikki Clarke (Warwickshire), Jade Dernbach (Surrey), Steven Finn (Middlesex), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), James Harris (Middlesex), Craig Kieswetter (Somerset), Stuart Meaker (Surrey), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Graham Onions (Durham), Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), James Tredwell (Kent), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire), Chris Wright (Warwickshire), Luke Wright (Sussex), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

I don't know why they need to pick a squad of 30, and I see that Jimmy Taylor is included , but he won't be in the final 15, and neither will Onions or Rikki Clarke , so why pick them
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they need to pick a squad of 30, and I see that Jimmy Taylor is included , but he won't be in the final 15, and neither will Onions or Rikki Clarke , so why pick them

ICC States that the teams have to pick 30 players, it is similar too football competitions.
    also if their are injuries, the replacements are picked from this list.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It gives them a bit of encouragement:)
  • TokyoTokyo Posts: 8,486
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Tokyo wrote: »

he waited for 5 years.
    Forum Member
    Crikey yesterday some unknown indian cricketer Jasprit bumrah made his IPL Debut, the funniest part was that google couldn't find the guy, yet today google has plenty of articles on him.
    he only made his debut last month in the Syed Mushtaq Trophy (indian Domestic T20 comp) where lots of the teams played the 2nd or 3rd team, most players were in holiday mode.
    he got a very awkward Action, and plus he does look like he chucks, he may get tested soon for this.
    Forum Member
    Tokyo wrote: »

Its a joke to be honest. Whats the point of having international sides if you pick players that were not born in your country? Makes a mockery of 'international' sides.

Whilst in Ronchis case he was born in NZ, he has represented another international side, therefore that should mean he can not represent another international side. He made his choice he should stick with it.
    Forum Member
    Crikey yesterday some unknown indian cricketer Jasprit bumrah made his IPL Debut, the funniest part was that google couldn't find the guy, yet today google has plenty of articles on him.
    he only made his debut last month in the Syed Mushtaq Trophy (indian Domestic T20 comp) where lots of the teams played the 2nd or 3rd team, most players were in holiday mode.
    he got a very awkward Action, and plus he does look like he chucks, he may get tested soon for this.

Do you want to keep IPL out of the cricket thread...this thread is about cricket, not an advertising thread. :p;)
    Forum Member
    india squad of probables for the champions trophy.
    M Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni, Wriddhiman Saha, Dinesh Karthik, R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Ravindra Jadeja, Jalaj Saxena, Parvez Rasool, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashok Dinda, Umesh Yadav, Shami Ahmed, Irfan Pathan, Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Ishwar Pandey, Sidharth Kaul.

biggest shock is probably cheteshwar Pujara, but he will probably go to south Africa for the A team tour.
    Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh dropped but their were never in the squad in the first place.
    hopefully Vijay and Dhawan don't get picked, they need to go to the A team tour to south Africa, they shouldn't get picked though they are lower down in the pecking order.

the squad will more or less be this, off course depending on injuries.
    Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravinchandran Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Dinda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shami Ahmed, Amit Mishra, Umesh Yadav.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting finish building up in the IPL game
    26 needed from 14 with 2 wickets left
    Eoin Morgan 50*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that put the mockers on that. All out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne Parnell in court and granted bail

April 8, 2013

Wayne Parnell, the South Africa and Pune Warriors bowler, has been granted bail by a Mumbai court after surrendering before it on charges of testing positive for recreational drugs, following a police raid on a party in the city last year. Legspinner Rahul Sharma, who also tested positive in that case, played for Warriors on Sunday against Kings XI Punjab

Full Story
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/628739.html
    Forum Member
    http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/marketing/indiaaustralia-test-series-earns-highest-tv-ratings-in-4-years-espn/article4595009.ece
    The television broadcast of the recently-concluded India-Australia Test series has garnered highest average rating for a Test series played by India in the past four years.
    ESPN STAR Sports’ commitment for enhanced viewer engagement with the introduction of Hindi commentary simulcast found favour with cricket fans as it contributed 40 per cent of the overall ratings at an impressive average rating of 2.05 TVR. About 9.28 crore people watched the telecast.

The India-Australia series has delivered almost 50 per cent higher ratings as compared to the previous India-Australia series played in Australia in the year 2011-12 which averaged 1.37 TVR.
    The four-Test series also delivered 22 per cent higher ratings than the India England Test series played earlier this season, which delivered an average of 1.68 TVR.
    The TV ratings peaked at 3.2 TVR on the eventful third day of the fourth Test match when Cheteshwar Pujara made a quickfire 82 in India’s pursuit for victory.

good news for test cricket, it does show that indian really don't like the hot sun:)
    but saying that apart from the sky commentators, most people felt the attendances for the test match were good overall, but it should be remembered some seats are not for the public, they are for the sponsors and special people.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/story/561971.html
    the ratings for the IPL last year were around 3.65, remember this was at peak times, plus lots of non cricket viewers watch the game ( Wifes, Children)
    the test cricket averaged about 2, with the peak being 3.2, about the same as the IPL.
    I can see BCCI now scheduling even more test matches against the bigger test nations, in the last couple of year BCCI were keen in India playing more test matches against the bigger nation, since it can make the most amount of money.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/marketing/indiaaustralia-test-series-earns-highest-tv-ratings-in-4-years-espn/article4595009.ece

good news for test cricket, it does show that indian really don't like the hot sun:)
    but saying that apart from the sky commentators, most people felt the attendances for the test match were good overall, but it should be remembered some seats are not for the public, they are for the sponsors and special people.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/story/561971.html
    the ratings for the IPL last year were around 3.65, remember this was at peak times, plus lots of non cricket viewers watch the game ( Wifes, Children)
    the test cricket averaged about 2, with the peak being 3.2, about the same as the IPL.
    I can see BCCI now scheduling even more test matches against the bigger test nations, in the last couple of year BCCI were keen in India playing more test matches against the bigger nation, since it can make the most amount of money.

Interesting news, people do make a big deal about empty stadia, but it should be remembered that there are some sports in the States that practically give away tickets for games to get an atmos. The real money is in the TV.

This is all the more for Test matches, which are often played at the worst times for spectators to get to.

The end of the last test England-NZ was apparently followed in various ways by a massive part of hobbit-country, but hardly anyone was there.
This discussion has been closed.