Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    The new Harvester ad where the annoying kid's now got an even more precocious little sister. When she says "I'm having Piri Piri: I'm ALLOWED" gah!! :mad: No girl should have a voice that low! :eek:

And the boy still has no manners. No please or thank you :mad:

I love children but that child I would trip up in an instant :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I dunno whats worse that annnoying little sh*t mouthing off or the weetabix ad where the girl acts bossy saying im bigger than you.

Either way both need a kick up the arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    It's not on at the mo but that haribo advert with the little girl shouting and being bossy used to annoy me lol
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted on here about a week ago about the Lurpak ad originally from 2011 being back on. I've seen it 37 times today and counting (mainly on ITV and Channel 5). :mad::mad::mad:
    Has anybody seen it back yet? It hasn't been on for about 15 months.
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't bear that red headed girl on the Persil advert who gets covered in paint as she moves in slow mo towards the camera. Or that by on the Boots(?) advert who is getting suntan lotion put on him, something just looks wrong about it.
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check a trade. :mad::mad: (I really am angry at a lot of adverts :p:p:p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I think daveycrocket222 means Minstrels not Malteasers

I hate the Postcode lottery ad its really irritating
    and that crappy Lynx (i think) ad with that guy who got to sleep with some girl because of his outstandingly amazingy cheap body wash, she must be easily impressed.

Also the terrible cgi Wonga ads, so patronizing

Oops cheers, yeah your right my mistake, as regards the postcode lottery, she nods you in, well I am, question is, is she allowed? I thought various competitions and draws state that staff and anyone working with the company can't take part....
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not read through the thread but I hate anything with smart arsed kids.

The Oreo girl.
    The Harvester boy.
    The toilet roll boy in the tux running the company.
    The girl in her parents car working out their finances and then asking for spaghetti hoops for tea.

Ther's loads but I can't think at the mo, I usually switch over hence I don't know what the last two ads are for.

One I do like is the little boy who thinks the remote for his toy car is broken but the garage doors are going up and down on his dad's car :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Pergeot 2008 advert music.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Magnet Kitchen - the song used in the advert makes the company seem cheap and tacky for some reason.
    Victoria Plumb - the two little girls with the annoying voices
    Smart Insurance - Bad acting from the man on the phone
    Calgon
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I hate the Harvester advert.
    Brats :mad:
    The Haribo Tangfastic advert - why does the boy say the name of the sweet twice, in reference to his crush? Surely he should say the word properly (ie, fantastic) and THEN the sweet? :confused: Ugh. Plus the girl looks about 4/5 years older than him. Wouldnt it be better if she smiled at him rather than pulling silly faces?
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    Not read through the thread but I hate anything with smart arsed kids.

The Oreo girl.
    The Harvester boy.
    The toilet roll boy in the tux running the company.
    The girl in her parents car working out their finances and then asking for spaghetti hoops for tea.

Ther's loads but I can't think at the mo, I usually switch over hence I don't know what the last two ads are for.

One I do like is the little boy who thinks the remote for his toy car is broken but the garage doors are going up and down on his dad's car :)

Same here, can't stand the one were the kid is acting as head chef, can't even remember what it's advertising so shows how much impact it's had on me :p
  • BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit I've not read all the thread back, but it doesn't look as though anyone's mentioned the abysmal Galaxy ad. This is the one with the value brand Audrey Hepburn on a bus in the South of France (presumably).

Apart from her smug face and Groucho Marx eyebrows, I am irritated beyond belief that its considered a good marketing strategy to sell chocolate with theft (the bus driver's hat) and seriously risky behaviour (going off in a complete stranger's car).

It makes me nostalgic for the refreshing innocence of the Flake blow job ads!
  • bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree completely.

Right. For the record, I'm a bloke. If there are any women reading this comment please don't think I'm being patronising in any way, I absolutely am not trying to!

My take on the "is it sexist for a bloke to leer at a woman but not for a woman to leer at a bloke" question as per this and other ads is this:

Male sexism towards women has for the most part been about be-littling women. An attitude of superiority, a right to objectify women, to control. It makes women feel uncomfortable - understandably so - and men should accept that. It has its roots in the way women were treated through history and is about a lack of respect.

It has NEVER been like that for women looking at men. It is relatively new that women have felt liberated (clumsy word I know, sorry) enough to poke fun at men and us blokes have never gone through the stages of it being done in a rank humiliating way.

So, in a manner of speaking, men can never understand why women can feel uncomfortable so YES it can be said that we should just take it as a bit of fun, a laugh, whereas women should be afforded a bit more respect and thought.

It is NOT the same thing.

What a ridiculous, pathetic post.

By your argument, it should be ok for black people to whip whites in the street as that's what has happened to them in the past - we should just run for cover and see it as a bit of fun?

You probably impressed a few ladies with your post so you achieved your objective.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anybody's mentioned it (I've been on holiday and I don't really fancy reading two weeks' worth of posts), but I absolutely hate that Fanta commercial. You know the one - it has three guys offering to swap the girl's bottle of Fanta for a skateboard/robotic dog/campervan.

Because, of course, I'd happily swap things that cost quite a bit for a drink that costs £1.15 at Asda.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    A blast from the past but does anyone remember this annoying advert? It united the country as a whole for the hatred of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnc83YYlUCU
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    ARGGGHHHH
    Who eats Frosties on a PLATE, in a bowl surely?
    If you live in Oz mate
    Or the Empire State
    Even a man with cancer of the prostate :o:D :eek:
    - Charlie Brooker
    :D
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Phileas Fogg advert with the parents.

Appalling, who on earth would be tempted to but the product based on that advert!?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    David fecking Beckham ... get him off my tv .. NOW!! :mad::mad:
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Saw one today about some stain removal stuff - Vanish maybe, where people give "tips" on how to remove stains. Their really useful tips all seem to involve using the product as instructed.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kellogg's new crisps thing. I absolutely hate people talking with their mouths full... Especially on adverts
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Phone - Cool and hip twenty dancing/extreme sporting/gap yearing somethings need only apply.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Santigold song being used on two adverts now. Seriously, what the hell? Was that YouTube advert aware that that Direct Line advert had already beaten it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw one today about some stain removal stuff - Vanish maybe, where people give "tips" on how to remove stains. Their really useful tips all seem to involve using the product as instructed.

Yeah, funny that isn't it.
    Using product as per instructions and said product does what it says it'll do..... hmmmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    That Santigold song being used on two adverts now. Seriously, what the hell? Was that YouTube advert aware that that Direct Line advert had already beaten it?

good grief... you mean to say that repeating scale of notes is an actual song... by an actual "artist" :eek:

it sounds like a piano finger exercise.
This discussion has been closed.