I've come back to BB after many years away

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The last series I watched in full was the Imogen Thomas series. That was my favourite of all of them (along with series 3). I've tried to watch since but found it shit. So, because there was nothing else on the other night I watched it and have decided to give it a go again. I have a feeling this will be good like the old days!

Comments

• AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Oooooh. How do you deal with crushing disappointment? These days the cast (and yes I do mean cast) are hand picked accomplished fame hungry wannabes with no soul. That's a pre-requisite. The shows are made up of edited beyond belief clips and snippets, no live feed (of any worth) and generally speaking having any redeeming human qualities these days is a handicap. Grace (of Imogen BB) would be celebrated as an inspirational heroine in this current BB climate. Actually Grace is comparatively sweet and artless by today's standards. But enjoy!!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Oooooh. How do you deal with crushing disappointment? These days the cast (and yes I do mean cast) are hand picked accomplished fame hungry wannabes with no soul. That's a pre-requisite. The shows are made up of edited beyond belief clips and snippets, no live feed (of any worth) and generally speaking having any redeeming human qualities these days is a handicap. Grace (of Imogen BB) would be celebrated as an inspirational heroine in this current BB climate. Actually Grace is comparatively sweet and artless by today's standards. But enjoy!!

I forgot people were allowed to watch a series and make a personal judgement on it without having to watch it through somebody else's eyes. Silly me.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Bob. :)If you can view it for what it is now and not what it was...you should enjoy it. Happy viewing.x
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member

Your opinion.
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy. The format is different, but if you don't keep wishing it back it can be a lot of fun.
    Forum Member
    You are allowed to be silly, it's okay
    Forum Member
    Thank you. I often worry people read the things I type and think they are other people's opinions.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I forgot people were allowed to watch a series and make a personal judgement on it without having to watch it through somebody else's eyes. Silly me.

Well it is a bit silly really. This is a forum where we all express our opinions - it doesn't mean we are telling people to watch through our eyes.

Why would you have forgotten that people are allowed to watch a series and make a personal judgement? That's what this forum is for isn't it?:confused:
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back. You may have to adapt but I think it will be worth it as there's still plenty of enjoyment to be squeezed out of it, especially with this one I suspect ( and hope!).
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your opinion.

Fact... from what i`ve seen..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now, It seems very much like BB USA/Australia was back in the days when ours was 'good'. Do they not show conversations longer than 2 minutes?
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    It is different. I suppose it's a necessary change from their perspective (although I'm not sure the ratings would really support that). Certainly things like the editing, music, montages etc. don't bother me too much. To continue to produce the highlights like they did in Series 1 would be madness in this day and age.

And I actually ended up really enjoying last summer's series. It was probably my favourite Big Brother in years.

I do agree with AurelieJolie though that the blatantly scouted casting is slightly irksome. A lot of them do seem to be in the 'industry' already and one or two could probably even get away with turning up in the celebrity version.

And I'm not that mad about this year's cast so far but it is still early days and I might end up really liking it.

One thing I will credit them for is the graphics and opening titles this year - they are sublime. By far it's the best 'look' the show has had since the Channel 4 days. And I really like the house design as well. It has echoes of the classic houses from years gone by.