Options

Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    We have no idea whether Pulis left because of Moody.
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    nothing confirmed yet from the club but it looks like moody has gone...

...parish's track record for hiring people at palace leaves a lot to be desired...

I don't know, each manager he's hired has taken us forward.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a shambles , All the stuff concerning Moody & Malkay , & we are still no near appointing a new manager with the clock ticking down till the end of August .
  • Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot Drummy anyone??

LINK
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could this saga be anymore shameful to our club?
    What the hell is going on?
    Why does this always, always happen when we look like we are on a firm footing?
    Just get some stability back, ask Sir Steve to hold the reigns for a while till the boat stops rocking. You know he would.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds dropping on Pulis returning!

Lennon now favourite.

Latest odds.
  • Options
    -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,281
    Forum Member
    i wouldn't mind lennon at all... i'd be quite happy with that. would prefer him over steve clarke...

pulis coming back would be insane but i can't see that happening...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd also be happy with Lennon or Clarke. If we get a win tomorrow, I think they may just give it to Millen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Independent reckons we're more likely to approach Ally McCoist rather than Neil Lennon.

Link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o

i'd rather it be ally mcbeal!
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ally is a talented up and coming manager who served his apprentice under one of the best and most esteemed Scottish managers, namely Walter Smith. Ally has got a real eye for spotting players in the transfer market also and develops and promotes youth players from within the club and blends them into the first team well. He led his team of Invincibles last season to the league title playing some beautiful football with a philosophy of attacking verve rarely seen in the UK.

Snap him up whilst you can as he's a Scottish Brendan Rodgers.
  • Options
    daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    i wouldn't mind lennon at all... i'd be quite happy with that. would prefer him over steve clarke...

pulis coming back would be insane but i can't see that happening...

Lennon is a fiery character, he would enthuse the players, Clarke wouldn`t inspire anyone(not from anything ive seen on telly when he was baggies manager).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today's line-up.

Speroni, Kelly, Hangeland, Delaney, Ward, Bannan, Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Chamakh, Campbell.

Subs : Hennessey, Mariappa, McCarthy, O'Keefe, Jonny Williams, Murray, Gayle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palace 1-3 West Ham

what a mess. Awful at the back again, toothless up front. we made a very average Hammers side look great today.

Hangeland, O'Keefe and Campbell shouldn't be in the starting XI. Murray and Gayle should be starting up front (or at least Chamakh and Gayle)

at least this proved that Millen shouldn't be getting the job permanently. a manager he is not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was terrible. We looked rudderless and completely disorganised. Obviously we missed Ledley, Dann and Puncheon but even so...

I honestly can't believe that the hierarchy thought that bringing in Hangeland and Campbell would strengthen us! Regardless of Hangeland's goal last week both players look out of their depth. O'Keefe also had a very poor game.

We have a terrific young striker in Gayle who is hungry to prove himself and we still keep him on the bench. Unleash him for God's sake!

Joel Ward is being wasted as LB. We need him back on the right. Letting both Parr and Moxey go is looking like a big mistake.

Millen is not the answer. We need someone on ASAP who will instil the confidence and belief once again and will get the team as organised as it was under Pulis.

Plus points? Bannan had a good game (should never have been subbed!), Williams when he came on, and Murray, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Millen's interview on SSN - he just said that that they knew from last season that when you were 2-1 down or 3-1 down the game was gone!! What about Liverpool Keith?!?!

Definitely not the man for the job with that kind of attitude!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    Definitely not the man for the job with that kind of attitude!

Even before today I would have been astonished if Parish handed the reigns to him. Coach, yes. Manager, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that was depressingly bad. I love Chamakh and thought Bannan did well, but the rest were really poor.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    Although the texts are obviously unacceptable, it's not really a shock that the world of football is inherently racist, sexist and homophobic. I don't think he is the only one who sent those kind of messages. I believe those type of discussions are more common than people think.

Oh for sure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'll try and keep it brief...

...extremely poor yesterday. wrong starting xi, wrong tactics, lack of desire, heart and urgency. millen for manager? no thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another day and another favourite for the job.

Oddschecker have the return of Neil Warnock as a possibility! LINK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    warnock? no! ok, he did well alright first time around for us but going back to him now would be a massive backward step imo...

of the managers not currently employed it has to be either lennon or clarke... but i'm thinking maybe parish wants someone who is currently employed elsewhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonights team for the League Cup game at Walsall.

Hennessey, Mariappa, McCarthy, Delaney, Binnom-WIlliams, Williams, Guedioura, Bannan, Thomas, Murray, Gayle.

Subs : Kettings, Hangeland, Boateng, Kaikai, Garvan, Puncheon, Gray
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First half hattrick for Gayle. Get him in the first team!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    First half hattrick for Gayle. Get him in the first team!

This! x1000! How Campbell is ahead of him is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gayle is the best finisher we've had since AJ.

he simply has to start every game not just on Saturday.