Options

What goals for the future do you have?

IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
Forum Member
✭✭
Even though I realise im more than likely going around in circles, something tells me it might be a good idea to try and think of some goals to work towards and I wondered what other people may have as goals (for the medium to long term, I suppose), to maybe give me some food for thought perhaps?. Pardon my nosiness.

My main ones, off the top of my head, would include

- Write more, maybe try and write a poem or two every couple of months or so at least, to get my thoughts written down and get better at explaining things without winding myself up (I'm not sure how to quantify that specifically but still...)
- To visit London again (as I haven't been since 2012 and I'm quite fond of the city)
- To see more of Italy and Scandinavia - more specifically, Sweden/Norway
- To become better at time management, judged by not running around in a desperate rush to leave the house in time for a good few days in a row at least, that would be a real improvement(!).

There probably are more obvious ones but if so, I can't think what they are :blush: mostly things I can't really quantify, like to become more assertive and basic things like that, I suppose.

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a full night's uninterrupted sleep again. Plus a lie in. Part of this hinges on not getting my wife up the duff again.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To crawl out of this shit hole and snatch a little success....
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be able to retire at age 55 (8 years). I'm close but need a little more money to ensure a good retirement.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our only goal of the moment:

Survive our kids' teenage years with our minds intact. I'm not even joking.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Carry on losing weight
    Get something done about my pain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »

Good luck with that(!) - nightmare years *shudders*.

I don't think im going to have kids, or if I do then I'll end up being an older mum than I'd wanted to be when I was a kid myself (when I was a kid, I told myself I didn't want to have kids when I was old and less energetic and able to play with them).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a full night's uninterrupted sleep again. Plus a lie in. Part of this hinges on not getting my wife up the duff again.

Insomnia is quite frustrating :(
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Insomnia is quite frustrating :(

It's not insomnia. It's three kids under the age of four!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not insomnia. It's three kids under the age of four!!!

Maybe not for you but I've had insomnia, just a few months ago. I can't relate otherwise though. I wouldn't know what to do if there were a baby or toddler in the house crying.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are trying for a baby at the moment, so fingers crossed it won't be too long.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else not really plan the future i just tend to bump along the road looking totally lost.
  • Options
    oncemoreoncemore Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finish paying off my debt.

buy a house, get into more debt.

pay off house.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are trying for a baby at the moment, so fingers crossed it won't be too long.

Good luck! You can join the sleepless nights club :D

Anyway, tonight for my little boy to actually go to bed (as he peers around the door frame - we're going through a phase).

Longer term, transition my company exclusively into games as that is where my heart appears to be. Ensure we can live comfortably and give our kids a good future. Fairly standard stuff people want really. I don't have any particularly extravagant goals, I gave up on proper dream chasing when we had kids, they take priority now.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long-term goals include travelling the world going to every F1 race in a season, being in a position to help my children achieve their dreams, and going to work in developing countries.

Short-term goals include marrying the Mr and having a few more kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does everyone want to get married and have kids? I'm not sure about that side of things at all *shrug*
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does everyone want to get married and have kids? I'm not sure about that side of things at all *shrug*

My OH does not want to get married, she sees it as pointless, although I like the idea. Its not important enough to me to be a deal breaker though and its too late for deal breakers as we have two kids. :D
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me. I'm 47, single and glad about it. The occasionally dirty weekend is all I've ever wanted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't bothered about marriage at all, through all my previous relationships I was adamant that I didn't want to get married. Then I met my Mr and I can't wait to be his wife.

As for kids I already have 2 but I've always wanted a big family and so does the Mr, so we're hoping to have 3 or 4 more.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave the crap job I'm in now and some of the people I have to work with. I'm really getting nothing out of what I do( public sector) and a few people I work with openly don't like me and I don't like them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    My OH does not want to get married, she sees it as pointless, although I like the idea. Its not important enough to me to be a deal breaker though and its too late for deal breakers as we have two kids. :D

I don't think its pointless but to me a wedding would be full of stress, having to plan and organise it all, the cost and everything else. I remember a girl at school who used to obsess about weddings(!), I never understood that. Each to their own, I suppose.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »

I feel your pain!
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Write a couple of novels.
    Build a personal super-computer.
    Own a 200mph car.
    Better my own personal speed and altitude records.
    Look down on the Earth from space. (Although, barring extra-terrestrial intervention, I fear I was born a generation or two too early for that).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I wasn't bothered about marriage at all, through all my previous relationships I was adamant that I didn't want to get married. Then I met my Mr and I can't wait to be his wife.

As for kids I already have 2 but I've always wanted a big family and so does the Mr, so we're hoping to have 3 or 4 more.

Aw thats nice :) did you know right away that they were the right person for you?.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Progress at work to a position in management preferably project management

Finish degree

Use degree to either became a trainer at work or start from scratch in a new career as a teacher

Have kids

Get married

I'm still deciding on whether I want to buy a house or save the money and leave it to my kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw thats nice :) did you know right away that they were the right person for you?.

Pretty much yeah... There have been some major bumps along the way but there has never been anything that made me think letting go would be easier than working our way through it.