Options

The Peter Andre Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    He also does his first show with Ant and Dec at the 02 on the 29th of this month. The work just keeps on coming. It still makes me smile when people claim he has no talent.

The fact he keeps getting work speaks for itself Elle. Ad execs and programme makers make a huge investment when choosing someone to front a campaign/programme and they base their decisions on market research into who the audience wants to see. Kerry and Stacey won their Iceland gigs off the back of their popularity on I'm a Celeb. For Pete to be offered it without a boost from some recent reality show indicates they believe he's remained popular. 18 years after Mysterious girl was released he's still able to play 25 date tours. If he was really able to do that whilst possessing no talent I think people would be lining up to find out his secret. Not everyone likes his music or his presenting but as long as enough people do he'll no doubt carry on and continue to have the last laugh ;-)
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter has entered that relatively small group of people who has a hard core group of fans who have and will continue to support him. They are not fickle or bothered about the latest music or fad. They like him and want to go for a good night out. He is an entertainer at heart. I personally have never been to see him in concert and it is unlikely but would never dream of 'looking down' on those who enjoy it. What surprised me after he escaped is actually how good a presenter he is. Cheesy but that is who he is. He seems to be happy doing what he does, has a good family life, businesses being built up and plenty in the bank. Doing nobody any harm and paying plenty of tax into UK coffers.

I did see the other day in the Telegraph that he is a named individual in the action against Mirror Newspapers for phone hacking. Hmm..... no wonder 3am aren't his biggest fans!
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Peter has entered that relatively small group of people who has a hard core group of fans who have and will continue to support him. They are not fickle or bothered about the latest music or fad. They like him and want to go for a good night out. He is an entertainer at heart. I personally have never been to see him in concert and it is unlikely but would never dream of 'looking down' on those who enjoy it. What surprised me after he escaped is actually how good a presenter he is. Cheesy but that is who he is. He seems to be happy doing what he does, has a good family life, businesses being built up and plenty in the bank. Doing nobody any harm and paying plenty of tax into UK coffers.

I did see the other day in the Telegraph that he is a named individual in the action against Mirror Newspapers for phone hacking. Hmm..... no wonder 3am aren't his biggest fans!

The regulars have heard this before Aurora, but my niece's fiancé couldn't make Peter's concert, and I went along with her. I have always liked the guy, particularly when he re-discovered his gonads, and dumped Our Lady of Perpetual Moaning. I had never bought his music though, so was a little bit dubious. He was playing to a large packed arena, and it was amazing. It was also immediately after his brother died, and visually his grief was obvious. He is a great showman though, and the place absolutely rocked from start to finish. He may not be the greatest singer, but he can sing, and is a superb dancer. I would go again in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    apparently, pete is ruining katie's baby joy. which is worth appreciating given that the unfaithful husband and father of one (or two) of them didn't manage to do that.

if only he would use this astonishing reach of influence for good, in the middle east say.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    The fact he keeps getting work speaks for itself Elle. Ad execs and programme makers make a huge investment when choosing someone to front a campaign/programme and they base their decisions on market research into who the audience wants to see. Kerry and Stacey won their Iceland gigs off the back of their popularity on I'm a Celeb. For Pete to be offered it without a boost from some recent reality show indicates they believe he's remained popular. 18 years after Mysterious girl was released he's still able to play 25 date tours. If he was really able to do that whilst possessing no talent I think people would be lining up to find out his secret. Not everyone likes his music or his presenting but as long as enough people do he'll no doubt carry on and continue to have the last laugh ;-)
    I never thought of it like that . Kerry had a girl-next-door image till she mucked things up ,and stacy was similarly likeable in her day,so choosing peter andre will have been well thought through. None of kerry's baggage and a non smoker (sorry stacy)with massive likeability and a reputation for faithfulness in his adult relationships . Quite a leap of faith on the part of Iceland to use a bloke too, well done peter .
    I never realised he was so busy .I agree on his diversifying too, good plan and he seems to be choosing his investments wisely with an eye on trends . Dad gave good advice .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    apparently, pete is ruining katie's baby joy. which is worth appreciating given that the unfaithful husband and father of one (or two) of them didn't manage to do that.

if only he would use this astonishing reach of influence for good, in the middle east say.

It seems to be the reverse of schadenfreude - someone else's happiness can make you sad apparently if they share a couple of holiday snaps on Twitter and thereby hijack your time to exclusively tell the media how incredibly happy you are. Something like that. Yes Pete's uncanny influence should be harnessed for the greater good :cool:

ETA A quick google reveals that it's called freudenschade - a feeling of sadness brought on by the good fortune of others. Learn something new every day :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares what kp thinks ?She should focus on keeping her present husband occupied and out of mischief and let her past one get on being happy,popular and busy earning .
    Emily goes back to uni next month doesn't she ?It will be hard for her leaving amelia .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Who cares what kp thinks ?She should focus on keeping her present husband occupied and out of mischief and let her past one get on being happy,popular and busy earning .
    Emily goes back to uni next month doesn't she ?It will be hard for her leaving amelia .

Must help to know her parents will be on hand to help and she'll know Amelia is happy with them so not as hard as leaving her with a stranger. Just a few months and she'll be qualified so hopefully it will fly by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must help to know her parents will be on hand to help and she'll know Amelia is happy with them so not as hard as leaving her with a stranger. Just a few months and she'll be qualified so hopefully it will fly by.

I believe the University has a Creche/Nursery so Emily may well put Amelia in there.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's called freudenschade - a feeling of sadness brought on by the good fortune of others.

His success seems to have that effect on more than just Katie :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/peter-andre-family-holiday
    Fantastic selfie from emily on there ,with a lion!
    Sounds like they had a ball.He seems to be enjoying having an adventurous partner more interested in having fun than getting her nails done 24/7.
    freudenschade,lol.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That you for that. I'm so fed up of reading in another thread that because he isn't selling albums he must be "a failure". Utter nonsense, he is able to diversify and has a successful career as a businessman, and very likeable TV presenter. And of course his tours are always successful because he is a great showman. And I've just read he is the latest face of Iceland - a very profitable campaign for him I would imagine.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    He certainly is being kept busy at the moment.

He knows it will all end one day so he may as well take everything that is offered to him.

I think he learnt from having lost everything the first time round and is doing everything he can now to secure a future for him and his family.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His success seems to have that effect on more than just Katie :)

Ha ha ha that is true :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty 567 wrote: »
    I believe the University has a Creche/Nursery so Emily may well put Amelia in there.:)

Good to see you posting Scotty. Hope all's well :) You may well be right as it will enable Ems to pop in during the day to see her. I think Pete's said in interviews that her parents would help out too and they'd all make it work between them.
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    That you for that. I'm so fed up of reading in another thread that because he isn't selling albums he must be "a failure". Utter nonsense, he is able to diversify and has a successful career as a businessman, and very likeable TV presenter. And of course his tours are always successful because he is a great showman. And I've just read he is the latest face of Iceland - a very profitable campaign for him I would imagine.

It will be interesting to see what the new album ends up selling. I don't think somebody's guesstimate of the first week's sales based on it's charting at No 23 is a reliable measure of total sales ;-) 27 of the 35 Amazon reviews are 5 star and a lot of the reviewers say it's one of his best http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00JLY6SWK/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending I think originally he talked about only releasing the cd to the fans with the tour tickets perhaps so it wasn't written off as a failure if it didn't top the charts. He's said he loves touring and creates a new album for each tour so as long as the tickets keep selling he's got no reason to stop. When we spoke to him he was so enthusiastic about the great musicianship of the people he's working with and said he was loving singing the music he grew up with and hoped to gradually change some people's preconceptions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many people felt his pain when he finally realised that his marriage had to finish. All I can say is that anyone who thought it was faked has never felt or witnessed complete heartbreak. He tried very hard to find a way to be civil with KP, but in the end accepted that it could never happen. He learned to stop retaliating when Price was constantly attacking him.....still is it seems! He took his time, mourned the marriage and now seems to have what he always wanted with Emily and his beautiful children. He's doing really well professionally, and despite what some would have us believe, that wouldn't happen if he had nothing to offer. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading somewhere that he had been approached to do a stint on West End Stage. Not Pete or his PR I may add!! It could have been Arlene. It was when he was on his own and the commitment in central London was not possible with the kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading somewhere that he had been approached to do a stint on West End Stage. Not Pete or his PR I may add!! It could have been Arlene. It was when he was on his own and the commitment in central London was not possible with the kids.
    Not really a great idea doing the west end while he is so deeply into family life .Once the kids are older and other work dries up he coukd do that and would likely really enjoy it too .
    I'm liking the guy more by the day . I kind of bought into the *too good to be true* thing some people tried to put forward when he walked out on kp,but as time has gone on I see the reality is that he is a faithful partner, has a loyal group of pals, keeps getting offered work and repeat gigs too ,so clearly he is a genuinely nice guy to work with or he'd get sidelined in the business.
    I must be getting old ,but I do like the fact that there are no unsavoury old stories cropping up about him ,like the old one on his ex that the mirror tweeted for some reason.Looks like they are not too keen on her .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said he'd love to be in a revival of Happy Days in the West End as The Fonz and I think he'd be good as Billy Flynn in Chicago or something with some humour like Hairspray or Priscilla Queen of Desert. But agree it's not the best time while he has a young family at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland Foods @IcelandFoods · Aug 20

Exciting!Presenter,singer & all-round top bloke @MrPeterAndre is the new face of Iceland - http://bit.ly/1BBIcOx

Can't wait to see the ads. Would imagine they will be very prominent during I'm A Celeb this year given they sponsor the programme. And whatever people say about Iceland they certainly know how to look after their staff. Been voted Best Company to work for. http://www.b.co.uk/Company/Profile/306121
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some Twitter shots of Pete's Iceland filming today
    https://twitter.com/MissVoodoo/status/502876577525661696/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/tishtashtoshh_x/status/502873308623548417/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Jumpyjosh/status/502901965169233920/photo/1[/QUOTE

I missed out here as Culcheth is just a few miles from me. A friend of a friend lives there., and her opinion...."He is one bloody gorgeous specimen of manhood".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    I missed out here as Culcheth is just a few miles from me. A friend of a friend lives there., and her opinion...."He is one bloody gorgeous specimen of manhood".

Can't disagree with that and not even the slightest tint of orange either when I saw him :) Think you'll enjoy this Elle ;-) http://www.mobypicture.com/user/MrPeterAndre/view/17209515 #icebucketchallenge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't disagree with that and not even the slightest tint of orange either when I saw him :) Think you'll enjoy this Elle ;-) http://www.mobypicture.com/user/MrPeterAndre/view/17209515 #icebucketchallenge

Brilliant! I think Carl took great delight in tipping that bucket of water :p

I reckon his detractors are going to have to come up with another daft name for him. He aint in the least bit orange! ;-)