Options

Places or shops that give you excellent service (name & praise)

The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
Forum Member
✭✭
In a time where poor customer service is becoming the norm, it's nice to be able to thank or praise those who go the extra mile to keep customers happy.

Feel free to name those shops where you've felt well treated and a respected customer or when someone's gone beyond the call of duty to help you or resolve an issue to your satisfaction.

I'd like to kick off by praising the staff at Asda. Whenever I've been in, everyone is working hard, most or all of the tills are open and if you need help they will take you to the item personally and they never make you feel like you're an inconvenience. The staff always seem down to earth and happy to be there.

Comments

• Options
    NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boots are generally good, as are the Debenhams and John Lewis near me. Asda is far better than any other supermarket. Even better than Waitrose, they're usually pompous snobs who think they're better because they work there..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lewis all the way!!!!

Currys are much better these days, they understand the internet gives people much more choice and cheaper too
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Turks who work in my local corner shop (that isn't actually on a corner) are lovely and happy and chatty.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one that doesnt is argos , i have had nothing but trouble from them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waitrose, I saw their staff helping a customer put on her spare tyre! Also, whenever I go on my own they always take my shopping to the car and pack it. Although I've been to other branches and they aren't as helpful.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    In a time where poor customer service is becoming the norm, it's nice to be able to thank or praise those who go the extra mile to keep customers happy.

Feel free to name those shops where you've felt well treated and a respected customer or when someone's gone beyond the call of duty to help you or resolve an issue to your satisfaction.

I'd like to kick off by praising the staff at Asda. Whenever I've been in, everyone is working hard, most or all of the tills are open and if you need help they will take you to the item personally and they never make you feel like you're an inconvenience. The staff always seem down to earth and happy to be there.

As I read the thread title, I was thinking to myself Asda, can't fault them, I have never come across a rude staff member, they will go out of their way to help and you are right most of the tills are always open. The checkout operators are always cheery and happy.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonalds, service is second to none, lovely clean restaurants that all the family can enjoy, food is exquisite and very reasonably priced, i wouldn't dine anywhere else and nor should you!

note to McDonald's representative, please pm me for details on where to send the cheque!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to see shops where when you're obviously wandering around looking lost, where the staff ask if they can help you but at the same time don't harrass you to death like they used to do in Comet or like B&Q where you have to play hunt the staff. They seem to be there one minute but the minute you need help they are nowhere to be seen.

John Lewis are excellent for this. They seem to have the right balance between helping and not being pushy, just spot on.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree with John Lewis. Waitrose too, although I can rarely afford to shop there (plus it's a bit far anyway). Locally I love a little independant beauty supply shop I use a lot, I get a lot of nail varnish and supplies from them, they're lovely.

There's also a guy in my local M&S foodhall who is excellent - he's so friendly and nice without being overbearing or fake, and he always has a bigger queue than everyone else because people like him to serve them. He's ever so nice.

I also really like my local garage (repairs not petrol) - they're just round the corner from my house and I trust the guy not to tell me I need repairs that I don't. They're very reasonable, and go out of their way to help. Last time my car was in for a service they drove me to work so that I could leave the car with them, then collected me from work again later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one that doesnt is argos , i have had nothing but trouble from them

We went to take back a kids fold up playhouse to our local Argos because it refused to fold down after we got it up. I tried for 2 hours and so did my wife and neither of us could get it to fold down and back in the box.

The woman on customer services said she wouldn't take it back unless it was in it's original box. I told her that was the reason we were returning it so how could we? Even she couldn't do it so she said we couldn't have a refund. We had to demand to see the manager, who thankfully had more than an ounce of common sense and eventually after an argument, decided to do us a refund.

Isn't it easier to just keep the customer happy than be awkward and lose their custom forever? Shame more companies can't adopt this attitude.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a shop,but a company who has helped me during the recession is Travelodge.
    People may slag them off but for the ridiculously cheap prices they charge I honestly cant fault them.
    Without them and their regular sales there is no way I could afford to have so many breaks away during the year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Bella Italia in the theatre district in Milton Keynes. The service is always fantastic. Last time we went, the waiter remembered us from a previous visit even though it had been months beforehand (and we are very unmemorable :p) The food has always been lovely too.

I find the staff in Hotel Chocolat very nice and helpful, always able to recommend a good choice. And they're often handing out free samples :p
  • Options
    Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for ASDA here. The staff are always helpful and friendly and must walk miles and miles in a shift taking customers to whatever item they are looking for. Waitrose are the same, and my local Waterstones is stocked with friendly, helpful staff too!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best customer service I know actually is the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. They're just brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have to give the staff in our local O2 shop a mention.
    When I was in there an elderly lady wanted a top up on her phone and was on Orange- the guy was very good and phoned up for her and got her credit.
    Then an elderly gent came in because he wanted to send a text and didn't know how- he was on Virgin and the guy still helped him.
    There again maybe it was just quicker for him to help them rather than try and explain about different networks.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    As I read the thread title, I was thinking to myself Asda, can't fault them, I have never come across a rude staff member, they will go out of their way to help and you are right most of the tills are always open. The checkout operators are always cheery and happy.

Yep, we get lots of training, then fired a month before probation ends, all 14 of us a week b4 Xmas. I shall not be stepping foot inside an asda ever again on account if the way they treat staff.

Hmmmm..... Best service? Need to think about that one
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to give a shout to the McDonalds at Kings Cross (York Way branch) because we always pop in here when we travel to and from Yorkshire via Kings Cross. It is always immaculately clean and the staff are always polite.

I'm not a great fan of McDonalds and rarely use them if I'm not travelling, but this particular branch has always stood out to me as an example of first class service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lush. The girls that work there are brill
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't knock Sainsbury's - staff are always very friendly and helpful; Eurocarparts have always been very good too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Yep, we get lots of training, then fired a month before probation ends, all 14 of us a week b4 Xmas. I shall not be stepping foot inside an asda ever again on account if the way they treat staff.

Hmmmm..... Best service? Need to think about that one

Well if you're not sure about the good service maybe that's why you didn't make it past probation.

It seems highly unusual why a company would let staff go right before their busiest time. Oh and if you were on probation you weren't fired. They simply didn't bother to keep you on. Count yourself lucky they gave you a trial and paid you for it. Most employers wouldn't give you a chance to prove yourself first. No need to be bitter.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iceland staff are always friendly and helpful ... Argos are awful. I order my shopping from Asda online and must say the drivers are always really nice and friendly I think if I asked them to take the shopping into my kitchen some of them would :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotel Chocolat

We ordered online and the delivery guy was late and extremely rude.

When I rang to complain, they treated me like a queen.

They are friendly instore as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    Lush. The girls that work there are brill

They are the same the world over.

When I was in Boston MA, they were fascinated by the fact I live near the place it originated.

Little do they know the factory is on a boring industrial estate:D
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's and John Lewis are some big companies off the top of my head. Next at Home too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the staff at Alton Towers Hotel were super friendly when we stayed there over New Year. The customer service went way beyond what was expected.