Vent about Sky

Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
Forum Member
✭✭
I so hate sky at the mo

I am trying to sort my broadband and remove sky sports. I cannot remove sport via the internet as they have me with 2 accounts (which I don't have)

they want me to phone to remove the sports, I have told them no - I want it removed! every single bloody time - just take the sodding thing off! I have been id, they know who I am!

just take it off

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is your phone line with sky?
    if it is then it is free to call sky.

sounds like the quickest and easiest way to sort this is to just phone them.
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    is your phone line with sky?
    if it is then it is free to call sky.

sounds like the quickest and easiest way to sort this is to just phone them.

I should be able to downgrade online, they have screwed up my account - why do big companies make things so difficult for consumers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should be able to downgrade online, they have screwed up my account - why do big companies make things so difficult for consumers?

i have downgraded online, so they can do it (via the online chat).
    however it does appear there is some issue with your account, so phoning up should resolve that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have downgraded online, so they can do it (via the online chat).
    however it does appear there is some issue with your account, so phoning up should resolve that.

No they cant, because I have 2 accounts (their mistake) I cannot ever do anything online, up or down.
  • KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    A tree that does not bend in the wind breaks.

It will not cost you much to phone SKY and in the long run it will be the best way to get what you want. Simples ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kodiak wrote: »
    A tree that does not bend in the wind breaks.

It will not cost you much to phone SKY and in the long run it will be the best way to get what you want. Simples ;)

oh hush you with your reasonableness!!

I don't want to phone sky because it takes forever to get anything done. I have written a cancellation email, and then they can close both accounts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To cancel the Sky Sports package I request you to contact our Customer Services Team on-08442 41 41 41. and they will remove the Sky Sports package for you right away. Syed11:37

ok - i do not want to phone sky Me11:38

ok? Me11:38

Calls from your Sky Phones to our Customer Services Team are free of cost. Syed11:38

i don't care Me11:38

i have laryngitis Me11:38

no voice Me11:38

so.... Me11:39

how does phoning help? Me11:39

I am sorry to hear that. Syed11:39

As cancellation of services requires a verbal confirmation, So that is the reason I advised you to call the Customer Services Team. Syed11:39

what blox
  • BannsiderBannsider Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Do the adult thing and ring Sky.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, you sound hard work. People like you make doing some jobs unbearable.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,926
    Forum Member
    To make it as painless as possible, as your OP said the problem involves broadband, ring 08442-410096.
    This is a direct number for broadband help, and bypasses all the tedious multiple choice key presses.
    In my experience, despite any warnings about long wait times, they answer this number pretty quickly too.
    Once you've sorted out the broadband issue, whatever it is, tell them about your Sky Sports problem and they will either fix it themselves or if they can't they'll transfer you to a man (or woman) who can.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, you sound hard work. People like you make doing some jobs unbearable.

All I want to do is downgrade my service via my online account. But due to their failure to set up my account correctly I am prevented from doing this.

I don't understand why they are telling me I have to phone up when other people don't have to. I have worked in big companies and they only want me to phone so they can try and persuade me to stay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they cant, because I have 2 accounts (their mistake) I cannot ever do anything online, up or down.

yes they can, as i have done it.
    they can't do it for you at the moment as you obviously have an issue with your account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I want to do is downgrade my service via my online account. But due to their failure to set up my account correctly I am prevented from doing this.

I don't understand why they are telling me I have to phone up when other people don't have to. I have worked in big companies and they only want me to phone so they can try and persuade me to stay

you originally posted at 11:30, if you had called them at that time your problem would have been resolved by 11:45 i reckon.

now it's 3:30pm and you haven't got your problem sorted.
    guess what you should have done.....
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you originally posted at 11:30, if you had called them at that time your problem would have been resolved by 11:45 i reckon.

now it's 3:30pm and you haven't got your problem sorted.
    guess what you should have done.....

Exactly what I was going to say! Got all the time in the world to whinge on a forum about having to make a two minute phone call. Perverse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not leaving. You're downgrading. Just make the call and enjoy the rest of your weekend. :rolleyes:
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if your a sky telephone subscriber just dial 150... that's free!
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,446
    Forum Member
    teletv wrote: »
    if your a sky telephone subscriber just dial 150... that's free!

You can dial any Sky number 24 hours aday free of charge if you have Sky Talk Unlimited not just 150.
    Ian.
  • richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go and get your self a pint!
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As cancellation of services requires a verbal confirmation,
    Actually it doesn't and this has been discussed to death on Sky's own forum.
    Simply post a letter, Recorded delivery. Be sure to include all relevant account details and state specifically what you want them to do.

http://sam-radford.me.uk/how_to_complain.htm