Options

EastEnders was DISGRACEFUL tonight

OLD BAGOLD BAG Posts: 76
Forum Member
Absolutely fuming at tonights epiode, Mrs Doyle and Cotton stealing money from a vunerable pensioner, it will only encourage care assistants to do the same. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    OLD BAG wrote: »
    Absolutely fuming at tonights epiode, Mrs Doyle and Cotton stealing money from a vunerable pensioner, it will only encourage care assistants to do the same. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

I think it highlights the problem, as a matter of fact.

A family member of mine has recently had to start having care, and watching that actually reminded me of the possibility.

I'm not saying every care worker is a thief, of course, but it certainly reminds people that it can/does happen.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Tonight's episode was terrible.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »

It's been rubbish all week :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    It's been rubbish all week :(
    Actually I agree.
    Tuesday was bad but tonight's episode was one of the worst I've seen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We all know you are missing Ronnie.

Don't worry D, she will be back this time next month ;-).
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sorry but where your point is valid and very serious, I feel that you are missing the MUCH bigger picture here. Charlie sexy dark Cotton is not batman, or a MI5 or MI6 secret agent, or a masterful underworld money maker, no, he's a care taker, A DAM GOD CARE TAKER!!!!

It's a fooking catastrophe!!!!!!!!!! I am furious, distraught, hurt and angry all at the same time.

I thought EE had created a real man for once, like a young type style character that Ray Winstone would usually play

GUTTED!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    We all know you are missing Ronnie.

Don't worry D, she will be back this time next month ;-).
    Oh great
    You really know how to ruin someone's evening don't you. I used to like you as well :(
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the OP was banned,

I'm liking the controversial storylines, keep it up I say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »

Have I missed something?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I am sorry but where your point is valid and very serious, I feel that you are missing the MUCH bigger picture here. Charlie sexy dark Cotton is not batman, or a MI5 or MI6 secret agent, or a masterful underworld money maker, no, he's a care taker, A DAM GOD CARE TAKER!!!!

It's a fooking catastrophe!!!!!!!!!! I am furious, distraught, hurt and angry all at the same time.

I thought EE had created a real man for once, like a young type style character that Ray Winstone would usually play

GUTTED!!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more...who wants a man who spends his day up to his elbow in sh!t. They couldn't have ruined his image more if they'd tried.>:(
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Overreaction much?

And I liked tonight's episode. It is possible to find enjoyment in the quieter moments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All we need now is Father Jack sitting in dots arm chair.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

I think it is more likely to make people that have to rely on carers more scared of something like this happening and false accusations being made against innocent people than encouraging carers to do it. It was made very clear within the context of the episode that Charlie had done a very bad thing.

I'm also in the position of having to rely on carers for my mother and of course you have to be aware of potential dangers but equally they are very vulnerable to having false accusations laid against them by clients / patients with dementia or even the clients visitors who might take money and then see the carer as an easy scapegoat if the theft is discovered.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I missed something?

I think going by the response on this thread, seems as though stealing money from a granny is more of an awkward issue than I thought!

Dan, I did not manage to watch tonight's ep, so its an assumption on my part! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more...who wants a man who spends his day up to his elbow in sh!t. They couldn't have ruined his image more if they'd tried.>:(

I never thought id see the day when Emmerdale had more grrr manly characters than EE.

ED has James, Ross, Cain, Arron, Adam, Andy, Declan and Jai

EE have Mick, Ian, Max, Dean, Alfie, Terry, Lee, Phil Johnny and Charlie(who they've ruined)

To be fair even Marlon, Ashley, Dan and Eric have more raw manliness and oomph than some of them from EE above.

EE most manly character is an adaptation of the red angry bird aka Phil Mitchell.

I want some gritty fellas, not a bunch of unsuccessful wet weasels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think going by the response on this thread, seems as though stealing money from a granny is more of an awkward issue than I thought!

Dan, I did not manage to watch tonight's ep, so its an assumption on my part! :)

It wasn't a 'granny', it was a man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Inactive for a short while.

We all have our hands slapped once in a while
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does heafford that car?? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lucky you :p
    Charlie stole from a sick Man. Shit happens I guess ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    How does heafford that car?? :confused:
    I wondered that too. When He sat in the car with Emma I thought perhaps he was in the force or a Doctor or something. There's no way he could afford a car like that with his wages.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I wondered that too. When He sat in the car with Emma I thought perhaps he was in the force or a Doctor or something. There's no way he could afford a car like that with his wages.

He's got to be a drug dealer, but then why would he do a poxy low paid job.:confused:
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought tonight's episode was great. It asked so many more questions than it answered, I loved it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Drugs, murders, affairs - EastEnders is in the pits.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I never thought id see the day when Emmerdale had more grrr manly characters than EE.

ED has James, Ross, Cain, Arron, Adam, Andy, Declan and Jai

EE have Mick, Ian, Max, Dean, Alfie, Terry, Lee, Phil Johnny and Charlie(who they've ruined)

To be fair even Marlon, Ashley, Dan and Eric have more raw manliness and oomph than some of them from EE above.

EE most manly character is an adaptation of the red angry bird aka Phil Mitchell.

I want some gritty fellas, not a bunch of unsuccessful wet weasels.

BIB. What do mean unsuccessful ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    He's got to be a drug dealer, but then why would he do a poxy low paid job.:confused:
    Exactly. If he was a drug dealer there is no way he would be unblocking toilets and hoovering up old people's hair for a living.
This discussion has been closed.