Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    She's looking well :)
  • Options
    Tram5Tram5 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    GMTV are running this story too with more pics from the photo shoot with Harpers Bazaar.

Susan looks fabulous doesn't she? What a transformaton.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks tremendous and very pretty.:)

I want to book a session with that photographic team.:o

More here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1204569/Susan-Boyle-transformed-gets-glamorous-Hollywood-make--loves-it.html
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks great. :)
  • Options
    beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubs up well. :)
  • Options
    rossm2008rossm2008 Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pig with make-up on is still a pig.

The third and fourth pictures are just hilarious. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rossm2008 wrote: »
    A pig with make-up on is still a pig.

The third and fourth pictures are just hilarious. :D

Aww.How nasty.:(
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    The pic of her in the black dress singing is just so unflattering, and the classic middle-aged-woman-with-double-chin poses with her hands round her face aren't much better.

Purple dress - very nice, but one good pic out of nine does not a stunner make.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Photoshop and the art of air-brushing can make any ugly duckling transform into a swan:rolleyes: Temporarily of course:D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, please - do we still have to hear about this woman every time she plucks an eyebrow hair?? :yawn:
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pic of her in the black dress singing is just so unflattering, and the classic middle-aged-woman-with-double-chin poses with her hands round her face aren't much better.

Purple dress - very nice, but one good pic out of nine does not a stunner make.

LOL! I thought the opposite!:D

I thought her hands on her face hid the double chin very well and she looks great in the black dress, but not so good in the purple dress! :D

I'm not so keen on photos 3 and 4 as the dress and coat are fine, but I hate the dark tights and shoes she is wearing with them.

Susan is the same age as me and I'd love a make over by this team tbh. I hate being photographed and I think they could do at least one photo I wouldn't mind looking at! Something along the lines of photos one and two would be fab - and they can photoshop and airbrush me as much as they like! :D

I think Susan looks really lovely with her hair and make up done so well. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her too weird too comment on her looks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Oh, please - do we still have to hear about this woman every time she plucks an eyebrow hair?? :yawn:

No you don't need to hear about her at all Sloopy.
    You didn't have to read anything on this topic at all.:)
    LOL! I thought the opposite!:D

I thought her hands on her face hid the double chin very well and she looks great in the black dress, but not so good in the purple dress! :D

I'm not so keen on photos 3 and 4 as the dress and coat are fine, but I hate the dark tights and shoes she is wearing with them.

Susan is the same age as me and I'd love a make over by this team tbh. I hate being photographed and I think they could do at least one photo I wouldn't mind looking at! Something along the lines of photos one and two would be fab - and they can photoshop and airbrush me as much as they like! :D

I think Susan looks really lovely with her hair and make up done so well. :)

You and me both BuddyBontheNet.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is a improvement but give it 6 months and USA will ruin her with a nose job, flash teeth. botox and all that and she will be sad and unrecognisable. She should either be able to make it on voice or not- the make over obsession is patronising and horrible in end since it is the main reason they are all making a fuss.

Had she been average attractive and 27 nobody would have been "floored" by that voice, which is only passably average for show tunes.

I find it a bit cynical the way they all rush to support the" image underdog" somehow.After all nobody ever made such a big thing out of Patti Smith or Janis Joplin or Maria Callas and many many others who were hardly pretty.But boy did they sing beautifully, and image was /is unimportant except in today's sorry culture.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »

After all nobody ever made such a big thing out of Patti Smith or Janis Joplin or Maria Callas and many many others who were hardly pretty.But boy did they sing beautifully, and image was /is unimportant except in today's sorry culture.
    Couldn't agree more all Cowell is concerned in is making more money, I bet he is rubbing his hands over the 21 year old with Asbergers to go on to his show, the pounds signs must be in his eyes as we speak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is a improvement but give it 6 months and USA will ruin her with a nose job, flash teeth. botox and all that and she will be sad and unrecognisable. She should either be able to make it on voice or not- the make over obsession is patronising and horrible in end since it is the main reason they are all making a fuss.

Had she been average attractive and 27 nobody would have been "floored" by that voice, which is only passably average for show tunes.

I find it a bit cynical the way they all rush to support the" image underdog" somehow.After all nobody ever made such a big thing out of Patti Smith or Janis Joplin or Maria Callas and many many others who were hardly pretty.But boy did they sing beautifully, and image was /is unimportant except in today's sorry culture.

Fortunately I'm not that cynical and think dreams can still come true. Susan Boyle is living her dream. ;)

PS I'm no great fan of Susan, but I hater all the knockers around that can't just be pleased for somebody who has had a bit of good luck.
  • Options
    yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foul looking woman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yag wrote: »
    foul looking woman

I think you should say what you really think - don't hold back now. :o
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately I'm not that cynical and think dreams can still come true. Susan Boyle is living her dream. ;)

PS I'm no great fan of Susan, but I hater all the knockers around that can't just be pleased for somebody who has had a bit of good luck.

Have to agree here. I'm not particularly interested in SB, and I don't watch BGT, but my thoughts are 'good on you girl, enjoy it'. I just think she is doing what a lot of people in her postion would do and is not harming anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diddygirl wrote: »
    Have to agree here. I'm not particularly interested in SB, and I don't watch BGT, but my thoughts are 'good on you girl, enjoy it'. I just think she is doing what a lot of people in her postion would do and is not harming anyone.

I hear you diddygirl but maybe her detractors are just jelluz.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever she looks like, she will still have all of her problems, which are unfortunate but obvious
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maria Callas probably isn't the best example to use, as she did something similar to SuBo (though to greater effect) and was transformed from a plain, overweight woman into a slender, stunning swan.

I do find it sad that for all the claims in the media that 'looks don't matter' and 'Susan has proved that an unconventional looking woman can make it in the music business', they seem incapabable of just letting her be herself. Every article is about the way she looks and/or her mental health. Which suggests that they want her to look and be more conventional.

Personally, I'd prefer to see her concentrating on transforming her voice (which needs some real work) and spending time honing her performance skills (which were woeful on BGT).
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think the whole situation has been incredibly patronising to her.

She has an adequate, albeit not outstanding, voice - but now it all seems to be about her image and morphing her into what is deemed 'acceptable' in fickle, modern society.

She probably doesn't mind and is perfectly happy with the opportunity she has been given but this whole thing stemmed from the fact she was initially mocked for her 'different' looks in a somewhat derogatory manner.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I still think the whole situation has been incredibly patronising to her.

She probably doesn't mind and is perfectly happy with the oppportunity she has been given but this whole thing stemmed from the fact she was initially mocked for her 'different' looks in a somewhat derogatory manner.

Agreed.

However popular she becomes, her mental health problems will always be first and foremost with the press, especially in the UK. She's an average singer, who needs as Johartuk said ^, needs a lot of work. I think in the end, it might all get too much for her sadly, and I honestly don't think she has it in her to become a star with any longevity.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another devastating post from the 'Misogynists R' Us' school of thinking.

Why does everyone who doesn't conform to your idea of beauty have to be 'foul'? It seems to be your word du jour.

I'm surprised you haven't made an appearance on the Katie Price/Jordan threads - after all, you have trumpeted your liking for size 4's with 'big enhanced boobies'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=32427955&highlight=big+enhanced+boobies#post32427955

He already has been on one of the Jordan threads and apparently thinks she looks great! I suppose she does - if you're into woman who look like blow-up dolls!:rolleyes:

Back to Susan. I don't think she's beautiful, but I don't think she's ugly, either. That was a media invention, which a lot of people unfortunately bought into - when the reality was that, with a bit of make-up and a visit to the hair salon (why she couldn't have done that before her BGT audition, goodness knows), she looked fine.