Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Bellamy wrote: »
    And yet she recommended Paul get good double glazing. So it's okay to suggest the others spend money;)

Yes she did didn't she :mad:
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I am new here but find that it is very friendly and my posts have had replies, so I do hope to continue as long as I am welcome.
    Digital Spy "owns" the thread, Gill - none of us do. So you shouldn't feel that anyone has ' the power ' to make you feel unwelcome. Post away... :) I like your idea of a poll, btw.
    SueG wrote: »
    The thing about the brown on loo brushes is that it's rust from the wires holding in the bristles. No amount of bleach removes that. so the only way to avoid people grumbling about it being "dirty" is to put a brand new brush in there for every guest.
    Guests rarely use the loo brush. So while you do need a stock of new loo brushes for the odd occasion they do, they don't need replacing very often. When cleaning loos each day - if it is needed - I think it's easier, faster and more thorough to use robust rubber gloves and a cheap cloth which gets binned daily.
    Paul took it all quite well, but doesn't do himself any favours with his "So What?" attitude afterwards.
    An odd reaction, wasn't it? Don't care and petulant was how it came across to me.
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    He's right about the price of wood. I've a wood burning stove and have used three tonnes since Christmas at £50 a tonne.
    Yes he is. Also I can well believe that changeover effort is far greater than it would be for a room in the house - the amount of insect life that makes its way in would be a pain and time-consuming to get rid of. Also, it's probably necessary to lug vacuum cleaners, baskets of cleaning kit etc to the yurt... and was there electricity? Don't think so...
    No. Katie's hat leaves a lot to be desired.
    I quite liked it! And it suited her. But I love hats... :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: i didn't think i was gonna like Paul at the start of the week,,but he is actually a nice enough bloke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Still don't like their hats tho!

They were a very strange hat wearing couple:D

(the hats were strange not the couple:D)
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    I know - he's just my type. Nice looking and lovely personality. If only he wasn't one of them 'straights' :D

:D:D
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    And yet she recommended Paul get good double glazing. So it's okay to suggest the others spend money;)

haha at the cheek of her, 'I can't afford a lick of paint etc but why don't you get your whole property double-glazed':D

Paul is funny, 'couldn't care less, don't give a damn' attitude:D

and hooray I just saw Saida's amazing patchwork, flying suit again:eek::D
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    :eek::eek: i didn't think i was gonna like Paul at the start of the week,,but he is actually a nice enough bloke

I think it would be fun to stay at his :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Brilliant post. Says it all really (and/or wee-arly).

Thank you kindly. My only regret was that I couldn't fit in a reference to pee-r pressure.:o
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saida came over as rather humourless and scarily vindictive tonight. I don't know why Veronica feels the need to protect her. She is probably armed. :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saida came over as rather humourless and scarily vindictive tonight. I don't know why Veronica feels the need to protect her. She is probably armed. :D

I really cant see those two as a couple.....to me, they're very mismatched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really cant see those two as a couple.....to me, they're very mismatched.

I know!
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Do any of you know Paul Foot the "comedian"? Paul could be his dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've googled him:

http://images.search.conduit.com/search?q=paul%20foot%20comedian&ctid=ct2645238&searchsource=1&CUI=SB_CUI
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    £6.20 for an hours cleaning at minimum wage, cheeky mare:eek::eek:

Great result, well done to Ben & Kate and Paul too:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    They were a very strange hat wearing couple:D

(the hats were strange not the couple:D)

Just felt they didn't suit them and they should've been on other people :D (if that makes sense!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member

Lol they could have a heated debate re mullet -v-curls & bow tie -v- tie :D
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »

Guests rarely use the loo brush. So while you do need a stock of new loo brushes for the odd occasion they do, they don't need replacing very often. When cleaning loos each day - if it is needed - I think it's easier, faster and more thorough to use robust rubber gloves and a cheap cloth which gets binned daily.

Is that as gross as it sounds? I can see, however, that it's a practical option.

As a matter of interest, Normandie, how much did you know before embarking on B&B (& D)? You've made the point - and FIAB reinforces it - that too many people simply try to transfer home making skills to what is essentially a business project. Did you learn as you went along, or did you do something similar beforehand? The pedantry of some of our FIAB 'guests' plus the hard work needed has demolished any thoughts I may have had myself of being a B&B host.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I am quite glad this is over, there were several remarks made regarding feedback critiques which were the same as they made themselves about others, so if they didnt like receiving it, they shouldnt have made the same remarks, re road noise, decor, cleanliness.

Hopefully, they will all learn a lesson, Paul thinks he knows the lot so not much hope there, the young couple must give full information at booking for people using the yurt or he will get future complaints and the others must up their game re decor and cleanliness for Helen.

People are different, how people dress is personal to them, young people will not like the older manner of dressing and vice versa, but it shouldnt be a stick to beat anyone with, the main option is the actual stay and enjoyment of being in someones establishment.

The toilet brush-gate wouldnt be a problem with the toilet brush holder with disposable replacements.

On to the next..........................
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could find a cleaner for £6.20 an hour. Mine charges a tenner an hour.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, talk about an anti-climax! :rolleyes:

I'm happy enough with the result, the place that won was lovely and my own personal favourite came second! The only thing I would change is that Veronica and Saida should have come last, I didn't like their hotel and I liked them even less! Veronica's voice sounds so condescending and annoying, I just could never see myself booking into their hotel, absolutely nothing about the place appealed in the slightest to me, and after seeing how insulting and conniving in their underpayments tonight, my mind is not qbout to be changed anytime soon!

Tonight's show was all a bit meh to honest!
    Forum Member
    I wish I could find a cleaner for £6.20 an hour. Mine charges a tenner an hour.

That's a very good point. And who can find a cleaner to employ for a one off single hour? And why the assumption that Helen would only pay minimum wage?

Is this the lowest ever payment on B&B, or has anyone ever refused to pay a penny (Now, now. That says pay a penny, not spend one:p)
    Forum Member
    Well, talk about an anti-climax! :rolleyes:

I'm happy enough with the result, the place that won was lovely and my own personal favourite came second! The only thing I would change is that Veronica and Saida should have come last, I didn't like their hotel and I liked them even less! Veronica's voice sounds so condescending and annoying, I just could never see myself booking into their hotel, absolutely nothing about the place appealed in the slightest to me, and after seeing how insulting and conniving in their underpayments tonight, my mind is not qbout to be changed anytime soon!

Tonight's show was all a bit meh to honest!

quite agree, all that hype and did end up a bit meh:(
    I wouldn't mind trying the Lebanese restaurant, some of that food looked yummy:p but I wouldn't want to stay there
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    The toilet brush-gate wouldnt be a problem with the toilet brush holder with disposable replacements.

I've bought perfectly serviceable toilet-brushes for 50p each, in shops such as Wilko's etc. If I was cleaning all the rooms in a B&B I would keep a separate toilet brush for doing the daily cleaning, rather than use the one in the rooms. That way, the brush in each room can stay pristine.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Our local pound shop sells loo brushes (without holder) at, guess what, a pound a pop. Worth buying in a few. Look, I'm most likely a bit odd, but I keep a "special" loo brush which I pop into the loo when I know I'm having visitors, not that there's anything wrong with my usual brush of course.:)
This discussion has been closed.