New <Freetime> Update

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    good luck wi that, AFAIK theres no way to transfer recordings from the drive to USB or other....

I think your right.. ah well.. fingers xxx it doesn't go down then..lol Probably only way would be to remove drive, plug into PC and clone the disk image with something like TrueImage. but doubt I'll be doing that. ;-)
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    The slow boot time I'm seeing isn't related to the tv hdmi.
    After pressing button to bring out of standby I get the humax logo after approx 5-10 seconds.
    Then the screen goes black for approx 30 seconds - tv hdmi status is ok.
    Then I get the silly <freetime> animation.
    A few seconds after that is picture and sound.
    Finally a few seconds later I can actually change channel.
    So, definitely not tv related.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul1962 wrote: »
    The slow boot time I'm seeing isn't related to the tv hdmi.
    After pressing button to bring out of standby I get the humax logo after approx 5-10 seconds.
    Then the screen goes black for approx 30 seconds - tv hdmi status is ok.
    Then I get the silly <freetime> animation.
    A few seconds after that is picture and sound.
    Finally a few seconds later I can actually change channel.
    So, definitely not tv related.

All my boxes (blu-ray included) connected by a AV amp do a double handshake, box to AMP and AMP to TV (the picture/audio is lost twice). So hdmi handshake does affect the time to a stable picture. If you turn off the TV the same double handshake happens before you get audio back from the amp (it's the same for every hdcp connected source).

You can't do anyhing on the hdr-1000s for the few seconds it takes for now/next epg to come up.

Can't say I have noticed much difference except for a small delay in now/next appearing after video/audio is established.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Well I have just switched off and then switched back on, and its 6 seconds to freesat logo that stays on for 9 seconds then another 46 seconds till I get the freetime logo and then sound then vision so all in all from pressing the on button to getting picture/sound is 1 min 11 seconds.....far too long in my book and deco nothing to do with HDMI, Before the update it was less than half that time.....
  • CK26A1CK26A1 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I've just popped home and had a look at YouTube.
    Well I must say I'm suitably impressed with the quality of the videos which are much better quality than what I get via my Blu Ray player.
    Seaching via remote is a bit of a chore, but the good news is if you have a smart phone or tablet then you can pair them so you can search for videos via your device then click icon to play on your TV screen.
    The only downside for me is as before when going back to live tv and picture freezes and the buffer underrun message appears.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong ? I tried to pair my iPad with YouTube on Freetime, by going to YouTube.com and entering the code given on Freetime and it worked, but I find that when I finish with YouTube on Freetime and go back again, maybe two hours later, or the following day, I have to do it all over again, entering the Freetime code etc. Surely I should only have to pair the iPad once ! Any help would be appreciated.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    CK26A1 wrote: »
    Can you tell me what I am doing wrong ? I tried to pair my iPad with YouTube on Freetime, by going to YouTube.com and entering the code given on Freetime and it worked, but I find that when I finish with YouTube on Freetime and go back again, maybe two hours later, or the following day, I have to do it all over again, entering the Freetime code etc. Surely I should only have to pair the iPad once ! Any help would be appreciated.

Are you not using the iPad App?
    Pair via settings within app. When you first select a video and it starts playing on device you should see a TV icon above the video next to the search icon which when selected will bring up a selection box which you can choose which device to show on. Once selected TV icon should turn blue then after searching vids and pressing play they should show on screen.
    Each time to you wish to use YouTube in the future then just make sure you select TV icon when it appears as the first video starts and then things will remain for the duration until you exit again.
    Forum Member
    Are you not using the iPad App?
    Pair via settings within app. When you first select a video and it starts playing on device you should see a TV icon above the video next to the search icon which when selected will bring up a selection box which you can choose which device to show on. Once selected TV icon should turn [URL="http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/gonzo1_photo/F2316246-BA06-4CD9-AA87-DF5832C4B1FB-4742-

00000205D5E59CFC.jpg"]blue[/URL] then after searching vids and pressing play they should show on screen.
    Each time to you wish to use YouTube in the future then just make sure you select TV icon when it appears as the first video starts and then things will remain for the duration until you exit again.

Thanks, will try that later. Right now though, when I go into YouTube on Freetime, it seems to be frozen or something. The YouTube logo comes up on the screen, but just stays there and doesn't bring up the YouTube menu/options. The other On Demand items, BBC and ITV players are working fine. I tried rebooting the box and the router, but it made no difference . Hope it comes back later.
    Forum Member
    Thanks, will try that later. Right now though, when I go into YouTube on Freetime, it seems to be frozen or something. The YouTube logo comes up on the screen, but just stays there and doesn't bring up the YouTube menu/options. The other On Demand items, BBC and ITV players are working fine. I tried rebooting the box and the router, but it made no difference . Hope it comes back later.

Try a Factory reset first, worse case scenario will be to format hardrive.
    Forum Member
    Try a Factory reset first, worse case scenario will be to format hardrive.

Thanks Gonzo, the factory reset worked, set up YouTube and Freetime via the app, and all is working fine now. Thanks again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Our boxes should receive an update today with YouTube going live tomorrow :thumbsup:

http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Channels-On-Demand/YouTube-launching-7th-March/m-p/4804#M422

Edit:
    Update available from lunchtime, software details within the following link, but I see no mention of 4OD or Demand 5 so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if we get those too when we get the update.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/New-software-with-some-important-fixes/m-p/4802/highlight/false#M1086

Reports all over the web - worst humax release ever. Wait until the bugs are sorted!
    Forum Member
    Derek S wrote: »
    Reports all over the web - worst humax release ever. Wait until the bugs are sorted!

Well I have the new update and YouTube and can't see any problems with it so far ! Just as there are lots of Sky knockers around, it seems there are plenty Freesat and Humax knockers around too ! I'm not saying you are one, but where all over the web are these reports ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Well I have the new update and YouTube and can't see any problems with it so far ! Just as there are lots of Sky knockers around, it seems there are plenty Freesat and Humax knockers around too ! I'm not saying you are one, but where all over the web are these reports ?

I've been a humax owner for about 8 years(and posted here foe as long) - I still have my 9200T running underneath my my brand new HDR1000. I love humax and their support - thats why I have stayed with them and bought Humax again. In fact I chose the freesat box instead of the the youview box because Humax have control over their software rather than being constrained by youview which demands that the software meets the lowest common denominator. I did a google search for "Humax forum" and Humax-org and Hummy TV all reporting same. BTW, two failed recordings on HDR this week, same recorded fine on trusty old 9200. Constructive advice born out of research is not knocking Humax. Waht Sky has to do with it I have no idea!
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No issues with my box so far.
    Forum Member
    I've been a humax owner for about 8 years(and posted here foe as long) - I still have my 9200T running underneath my my brand new HDR1000. I love humax and their support - thats why I have stayed with them and bought Humax again. In fact I chose the freesat box instead of the the youview box because Humax have control over their software rather than being constrained by youview which demands that the software meets the lowest common denominator. I did a google search for "Humax forum" and Humax-org and Hummy TV all reporting same. BTW, two failed recordings on HDR this week, same recorded fine on trusty old 9200. Constructive advice born out of research is not knocking Humax. Waht Sky has to do with it I have no idea!

Like you, I've been with Humax for a long time now also and fully agree with your reasons for supporting them. It's unfortunate you seem to be having problems with the HDR1000, as I've said, I've no problems so far anyway ! As regards Sky, I meant that on other forums, they get a bashing from time to time also and a lot of it is unjustified. But if your box is giving trouble, then Humax should help.
    Forum Member

Well actually since my own earlier reports of issues, since doing a factory reset its now performing as it should be which you'll probably find that for those that have reported issues all over the web and have done a factory reset since the update then they too may find their boxes are performing as they should be too.
    Also you don't actually get a choice as it updates automatically.
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been some time since I posted re the HDR-1000,the reason being I've just been enjoying the best PVR I've owned. Since I purchased it on release day,I've only had one lost recording,which was down to the first recording of the day bug. This latest ota update adding YouTube has put this box onto another level. I've paired my iPhone 5 to YouTube,and am just enjoying Adele's videos,with great picture and sound quality. Well done Freesat and Humax!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last ota update,posters on this forum seem to have gone very quiet. My Humax was,apart from a couple of small problems earlier on near launch date,very reliable. Now,since the update,it is rock solid. Sky keep trying to tempt me back with 50% off offers,but with a Humax which in my opinion,has better HD PQ, I will be refusing any offers. The icing on the cake would be the players from Channel 4 and 5,and a remote record app for my smartphone. Apart from that, I'm a happy bunny! :)
    Forum Member
    bampsam wrote: »
    The icing on the cake would be the players from Channel 4 and 5,and a remote record app for my smartphone. Apart from that, I'm a happy bunny! :)

I'm wi ya there all the way I too wold b 100% happy once 4 and 5 are included and so remote record would b fantastic.... If youview and sky can manage it y can't humax
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last ota update,posters on this forum seem to have gone very quiet. My Humax was,apart from a couple of small problems earlier on near launch date,very reliable. Now,since the update,it is rock solid. Sky keep trying to tempt me back with 50% off offers,but with a Humax which in my opinion,has better HD PQ, I will be refusing any offers. The icing on the cake would be the players from Channel 4 and 5,and a remote record app for my smartphone. Apart from that, I'm a happy bunny! :)

Yes indeed, the rate of failures reported on various forums was very high before the software update. I had mine replaced by Humax without any difficultly. It has gone very quiet on the forums which seems to indicate a serviceability level that should have been present at the product's release. That was a shame because it is a super piece of kit. Fingers crossed for the future and roll on the 4 and 5 OD as promised but still not delivered.:)
    Forum Member

As the saying goes, No new is Good news :).
    Initially after the update I had a couple of issues, but a factory default seems to of ressolved those issues as things are working great now.
    Ok so the 'Loading' appearing on YouTube can be classed as an issue as well as the not playing in HD via iPlayer from earlier in the guide issue, but I can live with those for the time being as they're not causing any unwanted bigger issues.
    Hopefully now that things seem to be alot more stable they can concentrate on improving the UI so we end up with alot less menus for simple tasks.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear the issues are being ironed out. I will start to give this box some serious consideration now. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Good to hear the issues are being ironed out. I will start to give this box some serious consideration now. :)

In my humble opinion it is a great PVR which can only get better. You will not be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    In my humble opinion it is a great PVR which can only get better. You will not be disappointed.

Totally agree wi that....
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    Totally agree wi that....

+1. :)
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    +1. :)

Another thumbs up from me.