A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Morning! Happy St Patrick's Day :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Morning

^ Happy St Patrick's Day, CNBC! :) How will you be celebrating?

I've just re-watched Breaking Dawn Part 1 and now i'm watching Part 2, though my Mum's just woke up so I can see her complaining all the way through. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Morning

^ Happy St Patrick's Day, CNBC! :) How will you be celebrating?

I'm off to a parade in a couple of hours. I'm taking a friend along and I have to pick her up at 12. She's an Indian girl who's doing a PhD (but not in Law) at my university and she's been here since 2009. She loves Ireland. I'm all decked out in green for the day :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy St. Patrick's day enjoy the parade and i bet you looking very fetching all decked out in green :p

And haha mimi just turn up the volume :p
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's day enjoy the parade and i bet you looking very fetching all decked out in green :p

And haha mimi just turn up the volume :p

Oh I'll enjoy it alright :D You could say that :p I wonder what you know who and French Dude are doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'll enjoy it alright :D You could say that :p I wonder what you know who and French Dude are doing?

Haha was it guiness for Breakfast lunch and dinner :D Andif they have any sense will be out celebrating like any normal person :p
    Forum Member
    Haha was it guiness for Breakfast lunch and dinner :D Andif they have any sense will be out celebrating like any normal person :p

No :p They're probably getting drunk. I know French Dude said he drinks on Paddy's Day.
    Forum Member
    Are any of you in London regularly? I'm going to London to see a show on Tuesday but me and my friend and getting their early to spend the day there.

We don't know what to do :( We haven't really planned anything up until now. Neither of us are particularly London-savvy! :eek: We get off of the train at Victoria station if that is any help.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    Mini it depends if you want to go sightseeing or shopping. If you want to go shopping there's loads of places to go (including Apple Stores :p).
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are any of you in London regularly? I'm going to London to see a show on Tuesday but me and my friend and getting their early to spend the day there.

We don't know what to do :( We haven't really planned anything up until now. Neither of us are particularly London-savvy! :eek: We get off of the train at Victoria station if that is any help.

Thanks

I'm in London all the time. I wouldn't really bother with shopping at like Oxford street if I were you (that's where most people head) I'd go to Camden and Portobello.

Camden is easy to get to from Victoria, Get a zone 1 & 2 all day ticket. Get the Victoria line to Warren street then get the Northern Line to Camden.
    If you decide to go to Portobello then I always get off at Notting Hill then walk (follow the signs) but there's also some cool music/record shops around there too.

You could also visit some museums. Portrait Gallery and the Victoria and Albert museum are my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ^ Thanks for the replies. Mum & I have been looking at the tube station in London. Looks easy in theory but I can see it being a nightmare! Haha

EDIT: How far is it from Victoria Station to Covent Garden and what is the easiest and cheapest way of doing so? Thank you.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Thanks for the replies. Mum & I have been looking at the tube station in London. Looks easy in theory but I can see it being a nightmare! Haha

EDIT: How far is it from Victoria Station to Covent Garden and what is the easiest and cheapest way of doing so? Thank you.

It's not as bad as you anticipate.

Covent Garden isn't far. Get the Victoria line to Green Park then the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden. Takes about 10 minutes? You can get to everywhere in Central London in no time at all.
    Forum Member
    ^ Covent Garden has the biggest Apple Store in the world so it's definitely worth visiting, if only to get a taste of my lifestyle :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha only you would no that CNBC :p

Just checking Car insurance bugger me its expensive :eek:
    Forum Member

I haven't even started looking for car insurance but I know that my brother's is over £2000 a year so mine is likely to be of a similar price. :(
    Forum Member

Of course :p That's insurance companies for you. They want you to pay an arm, leg, kidney and kneecap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know and as a first time driver it is always so much more but alas it must be done :o And it also depnds on the car mimi like for instance mine is a W reg Vauxhall Corsa but the cheapest was £1,300 for comprehensive and £1,050 for Third party theft and fire.

And listening to Marina & the Diamonds- Electra Heart such an underrated and misunderstood album love it ;p
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad you had a fun and productive trip ZB :)

Yes, it was very fun and productive in both the History of WW1 and the increasing acts of randomness by me and my girlfriend which leads to freaked out reactions from other people. Wow, I am sounding posh now. Quick go back to random
    Millac Maid :):):):):):)
    This weekend seems to have been forever but then that is probably because the trip seemed like an extra 2 days off.
    Also, apparently on of my teachers has been arrested :eek::eek:which is a bit strange and confusing. I will have to ask my other friends for extra info :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it was very fun and productive in both the History of WW1 and the increasing acts of randomness by me and my girlfriend which leads to freaked out reactions from other people. Wow, I am sounding posh now. Quick go back to random
    Millac Maid :):):):):):)
    This weekend seems to have been forever but then that is probably because the trip seemed like an extra 2 days off.
    Also, apparently on of my teachers has been arrested :eek::eek:which is a bit strange and confusing. I will have to ask my other friends for extra info :confused:

I studied History in school and college The Rise of Nazi Germany etc. and haha sounds like an ever increasingly random and fun trip i mean arrests now :p
    Forum Member
    I know and as a first time driver it is always so much more but alas it must be done :o And it also depnds on the car mimi like for instance mine is a W reg Vauxhall Corsa but the cheapest was £1,300 for comprehensive and £1,050 for Third party theft and fire.

And listening to Marina & the Diamonds- Electra Heart such an underrated and misunderstood album love it ;p

Well you're required by law to have car insurance so indeed it has to be done :( Just make sure to keep your kneecaps where nature intended them to be. I saw that album at a college CD fair and I meant to buy it but I didn't. Maybe next time :p
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning! Happy St Patrick's Day :D

I am entering my 6000th post on DS on St Patrick's Day! By way of a claim to fame, St Patrick's Day was my most successful Saturday for sales at work all year!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you're required by law to have car insurance so indeed it has to be done :( Just make sure to keep your kneecaps where nature intended them to be. I saw that album at a college CD fair and I meant to buy it but I didn't. Maybe next time :p

It is indeed and hopefully i'll be competent enogh not only to pass but be a safe driver :p And you should get it i think you'll like it its a great album :)

And well done Multemedia great sales and 6,000 post very prodctive day :p
    Forum Member
    It is indeed and hopefully i'll be competent enogh not only to pass but be a safe driver :p And you should get it i think you'll like it its a great album :)

And well done Multemedia great sales and 6,000 post very prodctive day :p

I hope so :p I did Insurance Law last year so if you need any legal advice I'm the one to ask :D I might get it at the next CD fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so :p I did Insurance Law last year so if you need any legal advice I'm the one to ask :D I might get it at the next CD fair.

I think it's pretty straight forward even for me but i will know who to go to if it gets the better of me :D And also get her first one The Family Jewels if its there Marina is a great artist :)
    Forum Member
    I think it's pretty straight forward even for me but i will know who to go to if it gets the better of me :D And also get her first one The Family Jewels if its there Marina is a great artist :)

Great :D I've listened to a lot of the songs from The Family Jewels and I loved them, so if I see either or both albums at a college CD fair I'll get them.
This discussion has been closed.