Hollyoaks Ste - Is he really that bad?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So recently I've been thinking is Ste actually that bad? I used to really dislike him because he seemed not to care about anybody or anything. But now I just wonder if he's not that bad a person he's just had a hard childhood???

Any thoughts???

Comments

• davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    He has prob been dragged through the bush all his life so its no wonder he has turned out the way he is . He does sometimes show a caring side towards amy and leah well up until the other night anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    He has prob been dragged through the bush all his life so its no wonder he has turned out the way he is . He does sometimes show a caring side towards amy and leah well up until the other night anyway

Initially when he hooked up with Amy, I think he did it cos he thought he was onto a good thing - free house etc...but I do think he genuinelly cares for her. He is involved in drugs dealing and scams, but I dont think he would do anything to harm them...even though hid temper the other night wasn't so good...I hope that was a one off. It's not as if he has had great role models, a drunk for a mother and a violent step dad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Initially when he hooked up with Amy, I think he did it cos he thought he was onto a good thing - free house etc...but I do think he genuinelly cares for her. He is involved in drugs dealing and scams, but I dont think he would do anything to harm them...even though hid temper the other night wasn't so good...I hope that was a one off. It's not as if he has had great role models, a drunk for a mother and a violent step dad.

I dont think it will be a one off, it would set a bad example to the young viewers. i think they will want to show that if somebody hits you, you should get out straight away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a product of his environment.

He needs to get some anger management and hopefully, for Amy's and particularly Leah's sake, he will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think it will be a one off, it would set a bad example to the young viewers. i think they will want to show that if somebody hits you, you should get out straight away.

I agree, I think this storyline is going to try and teach young people about domestic violence so encouraging teenagers to stay with a partner who abuses them won't set a very good example. I think it's a shame because he does genuinelly care but he needs to control his anger... for Leah's sake as much as Amy's!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »
    I agree, I think this storyline is going to try and teach young people about domestic violence so encouraging teenagers to stay with a partner who abuses them won't set a very good example. I think it's a shame because he does genuinelly care but he needs to control his anger... for Leah's sake as much as Amy's!

i also think they would rather set an example that it is better to stay at home than move out with a boyfriend youve been with two minutes into a council flat. i hope they do anyway, i dont want young girls thinking gettin pregnant so they can bag a council flat for them and their boyfriend is the way to go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i also think they would rather set an example that it is better to stay at home than move out with a boyfriend youve been with two minutes into a council flat. i hope they do anyway, i dont want young girls thinking gettin pregnant so they can bag a council flat for them and their boyfriend is the way to go

Yeah that's a good point :D

But it just reflects todays society, there are loads of teenagers who get pregnant at a young age... but some don't have any choice other than to move into a council flat.
  • yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    It was very cruel of Mr Spock to leave his mum at such a young age !
  • yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member

They are much more likely to be placed in grotty private rented accommodation by local authorities nowadays whilst they wait for ages for social housing - council flats don't grow on trees.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I like's Ste now. .. he can be nice at times.

But don't like his nasty streak...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    I like's Ste now. .. he can be nice at times.

But don't like his nasty streak...

Yeah I know, if he could just get rid of his anger and nasty shriek I'm sure that there is a decent, caring lad inside, but at the moment he's losing control of himself at times.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like Ste - it changes depending on the episode
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »

i dont think the soap will really encourage anyone, its a sensitive issue but i dont think a person would stay with an abusive partner unless they loved them, the reason why they keep going back is because of the love they have for the person and the desperation of just wanting it to work and not to be lonely, i cant see hollyoaks encouraging it, but would maybe like to see for a while the effects domestic voilence can have on people and why it happens, more an educational storyline for people rather than just a dont stay with an abusive partner one, if any of that makes sense
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I suppose I'd sleep with him aswell, can see why Amy is there really. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xnichellex wrote: »
    i dont think the soap will really encourage anyone, its a sensitive issue but i dont think a person would stay with an abusive partner unless they loved them, the reason why they keep going back is because of the love they have for the person and the desperation of just wanting it to work and not to be lonely, i cant see hollyoaks encouraging it, but would maybe like to see for a while the effects domestic voilence can have on people and why it happens, more an educational storyline for people rather than just a dont stay with an abusive partner one, if any of that makes sense

Yeah it does, I suppose either way, a storyline like this one can get a message across. But I value your point because most women in violent or abusive relationships don't split with their partners and it's important for us to be educated about this.
  • RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he does care for Amy, very much, but his anger issues are a real problem.

Amy needs to be somewhere safe.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    He's a product of his environment.

He needs to get some anger management and hopefully, for Amy's and particularly Leah's sake, he will.
    Yes, he is a product of his environment and for that reason I feel sorry for him, but Amy should pick up her baby and run, very fast, back to Barnesy. He's done it once, he'll do it again, and Amy has got to put her baby's wellbeing first, if not her own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ste is essentially a nice bloke.

Whilst he may have a dark streak to him, is it any wonder when he has the step-father from hell?

He's still only young. Give him a few years to grow up and he'll become a decent member of society. (Or the producers will make him really nasty.....)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy really needs to leave him, she can't stay with a guy who seems to be turning into a violent thug like his step dad.
    I think he's a horrible person, nasty, agressive and he's putting Amy and Lea at risk with all the drugs in the house.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    Amy really needs to leave him, she can't stay with a guy who seems to be turning into a violent thug like his step dad.
    I think he's a horrible person, nasty, agressive and he's putting Amy and Lea at risk with all the drugs in the house.

does amy even know about all the drugs?

im a bit annoyed about the whole thing with amy and her baby you never see or hear of her getting injections or visits from the health visitor or anything like that, no does the baby EVER get ill not even a little cough or cold! and seems to constantly sleep, theyre making her child seem way to easy imo!
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him now- I wasn't initally keen on him at the beginning but I do think he has improved.

Kieron is a good actor who plays the character of Ste to justice I think.