Options

Santigold - Disparate Youth

LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fgUTVzg8Gn8#!

Wow, this is a big relief after hearing the terrible 'Big Mouth'. THIS is the Santigold I know and love :D:D:D

Available on iTunes in April, with her sophomore album "Master Of My Make-Believe" (Absolutely LOVE that title) out in May.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh! That's such a welcome change from your usual thread about Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and so on....:) - I've been following her since T.H.E. Artistes & I've been very curious to hear what she's come up with since her debut album...Didn't hear Big Mouth but thought Go! w/ Karen O was very very promising!!!
    Gonna have a listen to Disparate Youth - hope it is good;)
  • Options
    FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    Oooh! That's such a welcome change from your usual thread about Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and so on....:) - I've been following her since T.H.E. Artistes & I've been very curious to hear what she's come up with since her debut album...Didn't hear Big Mouth but thought Go! w/ Karen O was very very promising!!!
    Gonna have a listen to Disparate Youth - hope it is good;)

I'll second that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree "Go" is a great song, could have done with more of the amazing Karen O though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to double post but OH MY GOD I cannot get enough of this song.

I know it's a little early to be saying this but so far it's my favourite song of 2012.

Ah hysteria, a sign of good music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go! is a great song indeed:) - Don't really know much about Karen O. Loved Gold Lion when it came out but that's the only YYY's song I know really...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're interested, start with their 2009 album It's Blitz. An electronic masterpiece. Then work your way back, the further you go back the more raw and punk like they become! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Cool! Thanks for the tip;) - Think I listened another track from their album whose Gold Lion was the lead single from and don't remember liking it but the idea of them doing electro sound in their debut is appealing to me!!:) - Gonna check it out on youtube!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Pretty good :)
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved "Big Mouth"; but this is underwhelming in comparison IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved "Big Mouth"; but this is underwhelming in comparison IMHO.

I was the opposite. Big Mouth isn't a terrible song, and it's grown on me in the last couple of days. But Disparate Youth is so much more "her", I can't get enough of it! :D