Options

Santigold - Master Of My Make-Believe

LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
Forum Member
✭✭
Santigold's new album Master Of My Make-Believe is now available to stream on SoundCloud...

http://soundcloud.com/santigold/sets/master-of-my-make-believe/s-WRyYQ

I've been listening to it all day and, I have to admit at first I thought it was a total mess. But after a few good listens it is really growing on me! It really is as mad as she promised! Favorites are Go (Featuring the AMAZING Karen O), Disparate Youth, God From The Machine, Fame, The Riot's Gone & This Isn't Our Parade. I'm still not feeling the M.I.A-esque tracks like Big Mouth & Look At These Hoes though. I prefer Santigold with a melody! I'm yet to decide if I like it better than her debut, as it is still growing on me with each play.

Thoughts? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love it! I love her first album, but I think this is stronger. I think her debut has more highlights and stand out tracks but as a collection of songs, this tops it i'd say, I really liked every song and despite it being a bit all over the place it flows really well. Very impressed!:cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just realised that this is the only thing i've listened to in a good few days, and i've been playing it a lot. Maybe I should give it a rest :p:D

I'm also a massive fan of her debut, cannot believe it's been 4 years! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Yeah i've pretty much had it on repeat since first listen haha! It really is great, I love the variety you get with her :D

I was listening to her debut again last night, it was even better than I remember :p its pretty impressive that her first 2 albums are of such a high standard!:D
  • Options
    Alfie ElkinsAlfie Elkins Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    talented girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted that I won't be able to get my hands on a copy until Wednesday, even then it's only if I get my replacement bank card :(

I'm hoping for a vinyl release too, her debut sounds amazing on it so hopefully this will too! :D

If she tours the UK my life will be complete!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to about half of it on and off today. Liking it far more than I thought I would given that Big Mouth was kind of a mess. Love her first album though and may well buy this...

EDIT: Also, Master of My Make-Believe is a brilliant title, no?
  • Options
    FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    Listened to about half of it on and off today. Liking it far more than I thought I would given that Big Mouth was kind of a mess. Love her first album though and may well buy this...

Without a doubt.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to listen. Will wait until I have the cd. I adored her first release.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait to buy it...wont hear it yet...must order her debut...but i really do love her!
    Cannot wait to hear this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »

Yeah i'm still not loving Big Mouth, or Look At These Hoes. I'm pretty addicted to everything else though! I just went over to the Irish iTunes and listened to the preview of the Deluxe bonus track Never Enough. It sounds fantastic... I need this album now!! :(

And I agree, the title is my favourite in years!