Show Humax your top 5 wish list items here

1272829303133»

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that the HDR Fox T2 is unable to allow seemless transition into live TV when a recording being watched catches up.

This also happens on the 9xx0 machines. On my 9200 I usually watch programmes (that I'm also recording) in timeslip as this does catch up with real time almost seamlessly, the screen blanks for about a second at catch up.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-les wrote: »
    This also happens on the 9xx0 machines. On my 9200 I usually watch programmes (that I'm also recording) in timeslip as this does catch up with real time almost seamlessly, the screen blanks for about a second at catch up.

Afaik it's the same as all Humax pvrs (satellite and terrestrial). I personally don't see any problem. At the worst by staying inside the buffer you finish watching only 2 minutes behind real time, generally only 30 seconds or so - hardly significant. I have only ever seen two posters in several years who find this so annoying so not surprised Humax don't change the way that all their pvrs work since the 8000T.
  • creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    I will have to double check but isn't it the case that when using Timeslip on a 9200 and when the programme reaches it scheduled end time (or maybe also when the EITp/f end signal is received) the TV display jumps to real time and the buffer is lost. I very rarely use Timeslip so have little experience of this.

Colin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    creddish wrote: »
    I will have to double check but isn't it the case that when using Timeslip on a 9200 and when the programme reaches it scheduled end time (or maybe also when the EITp/f end signal is received) the TV display jumps to real time and the buffer is lost. I very rarely use Timeslip so have little experience of this.

Colin

Yes under certain circumstances but it never happens to me and I use timeslip almost every evening while the soaps are being recorded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Please Please Please release firmwire 1.00.26 for PVT-9200T

V 1.00.26 fixes all of the following which I am constantly suffering from.
    • Improved accuracy for programmes that start early
    • Resolve Individual Series Recordings disappearing from the schedule
    • Improved schedule priority
    • Improved Recording failures due to broadcaster changes
    • Improved Network Change Descriptor process
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeWill34 wrote: »
    Please Please Please release firmwire 1.00.26 for PVT-9200T

V 1.00.26 fixes all of the following which I am constantly suffering from.
    • Improved accuracy for programmes that start early
    • Resolve Individual Series Recordings disappearing from the schedule
    • Improved schedule priority
    • Improved Recording failures due to broadcaster changes
    • Improved Network Change Descriptor process

You need to read more of this forum, have you not read about the problems of consecutive recordings from STANDBY with v26.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I think it was time that this thread was un-pinned and a couple of new topics pinned up for the FoxSat and FoxT2 HDR's. Top 10 wishes?
    It is a pity that there is not a 'Like' button to click then we could have just 1 wish per post and see how many agreed without having to repeat over and over in replies.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add an input source button to the remote control.

Make the remote a standard shape - those curves only makes it awkward to hold.

Make a wider separation between the router cable input and the usb slot. Better still, put the usb slot above the router/network cable.

Find out why at least 50% of YouView files can't be played.

Make it possible for both box and TV to be turned on and off with a single press of just one button (as managed by just about everyone else).

Enable channels in favourites to be sorted according to user preference.

I also found that I had to try many different aerial cables before I found one that fitted the OUT feed properly. Most were far too tight to put on and then very difficult to remove.
  • Justin AerialJustin Aerial Posts: 5,710
    Forum Member
    There`s two things I`d like :

1 = I`d like a "back button". It`s VERY annoying if you`re half way through watching a programme, particularly a long one, and you accidentally press PLAY twice, it then goes all the way back to the beginning.... At least video recorders didn`t do that !

2 = If you want to change your PVR (my 9300 is getting unreliable, losing its record schedule) I`d like a SIMPLE way of transferring all the recordings to the new machine. Like you just plug in a lead between the two and press TRANSFER in the menu.