How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    What colour nail polish would you wear with an orange dress?

What shade of orange?

I love orange nail varnish. Or orange and black. Or black.
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    What shade of orange?

I love orange nail varnish. Or orange and black. Or black.

Ironically, I'm sitting with a mug of tomato soup and it's not fat off that colour. I was thinking maybe a sort of nudey pale pinkish colour? I think I know what I mean :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends on the style, and where you're wearing it, whether you want to look subtle and classy, or work safe, or casual and summery, or glam... There's all sorts of things you could do.
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the style, and where you're wearing it, whether you want to look subtle and classy, or work safe, or casual and summery, or glam... There's all sorts of things you could do.

Going out with friends for my birthday, dinner and drinks, so I'd be aiming for the subtle and classy. The dress is short, and pleated all over.
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I thought it looked very similar to the Nails Inc one, I'll have to look to see if that is still available.

The Barry M one does look nice, but its only available online - I'd rather have a look at it in real life before buying!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    Going out with friends for my birthday, dinner and drinks, so I'd be aiming for the subtle and classy. The dress is short, and pleated all over.

neutral shades would be really nice. You could do a subtly sparkly top coat if you wanted something a bit extra?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very excited to get a Boots voucher with my points statement this week, because it was for any 2 Essie polishes for £12 :)

I popped in today to cheer myself up with polish (just lost the buyer for my flat so feeling a bit sad) and they had the new mirror metallics range in there. I bought Blue Rhapsody which actually looks very silvery with a hint of blue and penny talk which is a lovely coppery silver. They are sort of duochromey, sort of shimmery. I haven't tried them yet, but they look fab!

http://www.essie.com/mirror-metallics-collection/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very excited to get a Boots voucher with my points statement this week, because it was for any 2 Essie polishes for £12 :)

I popped in today to cheer myself up with polish (just lost the buyer for my flat so feeling a bit sad) and they had the new mirror metallics range in there. I bought Blue Rhapsody which actually looks very silvery with a hint of blue and penny talk which is a lovely coppery silver. They are sort of duochromey, sort of shimmery. I haven't tried them yet, but they look fab!

http://www.essie.com/mirror-metallics-collection/

Ooooh! I saw those the other day, they look so tempting! I wanted the gold. I really can't justify any more gold or gold shades though, I have far too many.

I tarted up my blog a bit today - added a UK blog button thing with a flag, and some tabbed posts along the top. It kept me out of mischief for a while anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the gold in my hand for a while but, like you I have plenty of golds, so I made myself pick up the copper instead!
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Essie ones look nice. I've never tried Essie before, I may have to invest in some now that they are in Boots.

Right ladies, I need opinions. I'm planning to go to London for a few days soon and one of those days I'm going to go to Harrods. Obviously one needs to look smart, I haven't quite decided what I'm going to wear yet but it'll probably be a smart pair of trousers and a nice top. What shade of polish should I wear? I was thinking of maybe the Barry M retro fuchsia, or would something more classy be better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly? I think the staff and clientele of Harrods couldn't give a monkeys what's on your nails, so long as you take a credit card. I don't think Harrods customers look particularly smart or glamorous, it'll mostly be full of tourists.

If it was me, I'd wear really ott neon skittles or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am wearing Blue Rhapsody and I must say I like it. I can see why they called them mirror, as they do have a sort of refelctive shine.

I'm not a huge fan of the Essie brushes, a bit short and fat, so it's hard to be precise, and one nail had a lot of bubbles for some reason... but still they look good!
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Essie ones look nice. I've never tried Essie before, I may have to invest in some now that they are in Boots.

Right ladies, I need opinions. I'm planning to go to London for a few days soon and one of those days I'm going to go to Harrods. Obviously one needs to look smart, I haven't quite decided what I'm going to wear yet but it'll probably be a smart pair of trousers and a nice top. What shade of polish should I wear? I was thinking of maybe the Barry M retro fuchsia, or would something more classy be better?

No one cares what you wear to Harrods, as long as its not beach wear!

From their website:

Does Harrods have a dress code?

We aim to make shopping at Harrods pleasurable in every respect. To achieve this we operate a dress code, which has been widely welcomed by our customers.

The Dress Code does not permit any person to enter the store dressed in the following manner: wearing high-cut, Bermuda or beach shorts; swimwear; athletic singlets; cycling shorts; flip flops or thong sandals; with a bare midriff or bare feet; or wearing dirty or unkempt clothing.

Enjoy your visit though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you all do my friend a favour and vote for her in this comp! She's 2nd atm I think! And shes awesome

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=397478590311780&set=a.397478466978459.93209.383512801708359&type=1&theater

I'll post about the ones i got from majorca soon :)
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    asda are selling George nail varnish for £1 at the moment. It isn't amazing but it is quite good on the price. I'd say it's as good Barry M but you need a couple more layers. I bought an orange bottle called treasure chest earlier and it has come out really well.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm doing another American swap through my blog! I'm all excited about it - the lady is after some jewellery, and in return is sending me a load of the Claire's colour changing polishes! I'm really excited - I've been after those for AGES! Wooo!
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I'm doing another American swap through my blog! I'm all excited about it - the lady is after some jewellery, and in return is sending me a load of the Claire's colour changing polishes! I'm really excited - I've been after those for AGES! Wooo!

Had a little google of those and they look so cool, lucky you!!

I am wearing Dusky Mauve by Barry M today. I bought it yesterday because it looked very interesting in the bottle. It looks nice on but isn't quite what I expected. I thought it would be more colour changing-y. I think it looks quite smart though. :)
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    midway through doing max factor's sunny pink over essie real simple

as it's way too sheer on its own, I hope it works! I'm working a champagne reception tomorrow lunchtime, so want my nails looking decent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to see Springsteen (again) tomorrow and I was going to do nails with his guitar on. I had a template sticker and everything. But it turns out I just don't have the skill or the patience or the steady hand, dammit. So what nails should I wear? Bearing in mind I'll be there two nights and it has to last - I'm going on a plane and don't want to take remover or a topup bottle.
    (This is what happened last time I went! http://elanorsnails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/argh.html )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://hens-nest.blogspot.co.uk/

updated with the polish I got from majorca. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Just in case anyone is interested, A England has a promotion for the next few days where some of their polishes are down to £5 instead of the usual £9 :) ordered myself Lady of the Lake which I have been wanting for ages.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Ooooh how'd you get on this time Elanor? Hope your polish survived this time!

Experimenting with matt top coat and tape. Conclusion: Like the effect. Need better tape! :D
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read on donotrefreeze that GOSH holographic is coming back as a limited edition some time soon :) I hope I manage to grab a bottle at £4.99 as I would kick myself if I ended up missing out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone is interested, A England has a promotion for the next few days where some of their polishes are down to £5 instead of the usual £9 :) ordered myself Lady of the Lake which I have been wanting for ages.

I just bought 4 :o I bloody love A-England! I want the whole collection!