Sugar Rush

LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
Forum Member
✭✭
I recently dug out Sugar Rush and ended up watching the whole thing through in about a week, it never fails to amuse! Lenora Crichlow is amazing as Sugar and the whole show was just perfectly cast.

It should never have been cancelled when it was, it pretty much ended at the start of a new storyline and now it doesn't have a proper ending! C4 Should bring it back for a one-off special or even another series...

As a Brightonian it's funny seeing the characters wandering off in all sorts of wrong directions and somehow still getting to where they were going!

Are there any other lovers of Sugar Rush out there? :D:D:D

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a man i liked it .............for obvious reasons lol !!

Was it realy 7 years ago........ Wow time flies !
  • LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, 7 years. I remember being about 12/13 and begging my mum to let me stay up and watch it :D

It wasn't for the same reason though, even back then I knew I liked men...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently dug out Sugar Rush and ended up watching the whole thing through in about a week, it never fails to amuse! Lenora Crichlow is amazing as Sugar and the whole show was just perfectly cast.

It should never have been cancelled when it was, it pretty much ended at the start of a new storyline and now it doesn't have a proper ending! C4 Should bring it back for a one-off special or even another series...

As a Brightonian it's funny seeing the characters wandering off in all sorts of wrong directions and somehow still getting to where they were going!

Are there any other lovers of Sugar Rush out there? :D:D:D

I do with this Skins! ,they round a corner somewhere in Bristol and end up somewhere totally different! same as if you the watch the beginning of teachers ,he is all over the place!! :D

I absolutely loved sugar rush,I've seen it so many times and never get bored of it ,I discovered some great music too through it which I still listen all the time now .Can't believe how long ago it was now!! I'm not gay myself but I was very much like Kim as a teenager ,having that domineering maneater best friend who your kind of awe.:o
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, when they film a TV show in a familiar area to you, it is fun to critique the mistakes.
    I will use Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit as an example, having lived in Accrington for many years where the show was set.

Jess gets her exam results and runs down a street, keeps running and ends up running up The Coppice, a large steep hill !
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gah, love Sugar Rush! Is it true it was cancelled due to Big Brother? :O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was cancelled just because C4 didn't like it, which is stupid because it was a huge hit.

It could have gone on for a few more years I thought.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This rings a bell, this that had that lass out of Being Human in it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is :D

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sugar-rush

I was very surprised when I first starting watching Being Human, as I didn't once think "OMG Sugar!". That's a great show that thankfully hasn't been cancelled in it's prime! Unlike SR :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would have thought after watching Sugar Rush that it would be Andrew Garfield who would be the most successful? I certainly never envisioned him as Spiderman when I watched him in this!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is :D

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sugar-rush

I was very surprised when I first starting watching Being Human, as I didn't once think "OMG Sugar!". That's a great show that thankfully hasn't been cancelled in it's prime! Unlike SR :p

Thought it was, thanks, she was a hottie, as was the other one tbh :D
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugar Rush was perfection, very well written and you could really relate to the characters, brilliant actresses, Series 2 was a riot! I have never laughed out loud so much than during that episode where they infriltrate Dmitri's apartment.

The only thing I would change is a proper ending, everytime I reach the end of Series 2, the cafe scene just gets me so emotional, and it was setup great for Series 3. So disappointing!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved sugar rush was gutted it was cancelled it still had another series or at least a special in it and it won an emmy didn't it? all three main actresses have gone on to do well though now as well.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Wish C4 would pick it up for another series but that's as unlikely as Suarez and Evra becoming best friends.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this up as I'm rewatching it at the moment having got the boxset for Christmas, weird to think I was 11 when I first saw this :eek:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As another poster said, its so strange to think this is what I first saw Andrew Garfield in... and look at him now!