hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they want to return a character then return chrissie watts
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    for a guest stint but nothing more. He was a boring character.
    And a dreadful actor!
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    They've just released a "hurricane Charlie" trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehVk_LmUEs
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've just released a "hurricane Charlie" trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehVk_LmUEs

I thought it was this brand new trailer for Charlies dynamic return though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho

;-)
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Yet another return :( I'm a bit fed up with all the returns. I prefer fresh. I found Charlie a bit boring.

Totally agree! Why so many returnees? Can't they think of new ideas with the cast they have
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    if they want to return a character then return chrissie watts

Chrissie would be the most unrealistic return ever though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to hate the fact he was in tears every few weeks, everything seemed to set him off, he could never act the emotional stuff in my opinion. He's fine for a few guest stints to visit Kat and Mo, but I'm not bothered on a full time return.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remember before when they had Billy Mitchell and Billy Jackson and they changed the latter's name to Billie to avoid confusion that means if they bring back Charlie Slater along with Charlie Cotton they will probably change one of their names to Charly or Charli or start referring to one of them as Charles :D
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish he would come back for good corrie and emmerdale have many supporting characters with history etc which is EastEnders weakness right not bring charlie back for good & not just for the slaters/moons Patrick could do with seeing an old face again friend.

This. With Jim's; I'd presume; impending off-screen death, Patrick could start to feel negatively about his chances of a recovery. Having suffered a stroke himself, Charlie could support Patrick and remind him that every case is different.

I think he should come back on a Laila Morse type basis rather than full time, as the actor is 81.

I'd presume Charlie Slater will appear this time when it's not Charlie Cotton's block of episodes, unless the Slater/Moons decide to do a Michael and start calling him by his full name, or a Garry Hobbs who occasionally referred to him as Chaz.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie would be the most unrealistic return ever though

i think EE has gone way past realism though and chrissie was one of the best evil characters in the show. rather see her return than janine keep coming back
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Has a soap ever had 2 characters with the same name in the show at once?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    This. With Jim's; I'd presume; impending off-screen death, Patrick could start to feel negatively about his chances of a recovery. Having suffered a stroke himself, Charlie could support Patrick and remind him that every case is different.

I think he should come back on a Laila Morse type basis rather than full time, as the actor is 81.

I'd presume Charlie Slater will appear this time when it's not Charlie Cotton's block of episodes, unless the Slater/Moons decide to do a Michael and start calling him by his full name, or a Garry Hobbs who occasionally referred to him as Chaz.

Mo is a regular now again... She's in it way too much, to be recurring! I love Mo, so I am glad about this!:) scenes with Mo and Charlie add realism and a bit of warmth, just bit Loraine Newman warmth!:D:p
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather any of the other Slaters come back for a visit over Charlie.
    Little Mo, Belinda, Lynne, Zoe.
    Charlie was there for years and his only storyline was one based around online dating.