Options

Steve Brookstein book

Comments

• Options
    MrsTabsMrsTabs Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    It is certainly an eye opener - maybe not so much to people on here but to 'general x factor public' it's a shocker

Never really liked him before but have changed my mind!

Well worth a read

You can certainly see how they have tightened things up since to make sure the get the 'winner' they want and not have a repeat of this
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsTabs wrote: »
    It is certainly an eye opener - maybe not so much to people on here but to 'general x factor public' it's a shocker

Never really liked him before but have changed my mind!

Well worth a read

You can certainly see how they have tightened things up since to make sure the get the 'winner' they want and not have a repeat of this

You can see the things that are happening in this year, although we all kind of suspected these things go on, it has really been confirmed. I really feel like I dont want to watch anymore, I kind of wish I wasn't so invested in Andrea as I certainly wouldn't carry on watching, its like we are all took for being mugs...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Half way through.... tea break needed.... some harrowing, dark stuff in there indeed.
    Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of Steve's- this has to be a must read for all X Factor fans. My regard for Steve has trebeled, my dislike of Scowell and co and the show also. Glad I made the choice not to watch years ago, tho' getting Gary Barlow to judge tempted me back temporarily it was short-lived, Scowell even stabbed him in the back... he has NO shame.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished it, I hope Steve gets a break and wipes the smug look from Cowell's face.

It really is better for contestants to use the show to raise their profile, but to get out before the top three, that way they are not locked into Syco and the show's management, who controll their every move, especially if Cowell favours a different act. Not only do they get no work, but are prevented from doing anything on their own.

I was disappointed when Paul left, but after reading this it will be far better for him, he has had the exposure to get work, without the hassle, Cowell had already started to try and bring him down.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linjo wrote: »
    I was going to say I'd wait for extracts to appear in the papers but no doubt Cowell has a 'new Max Clifford' and extracts have little chance of appearing :(

Looks like he was supposed to have an interview in the Sun

http://www.stevebrookstein.com/blog/2014/11/17/a-close-escape
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading it for the past couple of hours and can't stop....can definitely see comparisons from this year. I really recommend this book.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for the book . Now that Mr fix it is in prison there is no body to keep him quiet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finished it.
    I have never read a whole book in one sitting before... it just flowed.
    I have always wondered how Steve didn't go under with the aftermath of what followed after WINNING a ruddy talent show for goodness sake. It was like he was sacrificed on the altar of light entertainment. He should be able to sue for damages, defamation of character, slander and loss of earnings.
    It's a testament to the man that his love for music and his family has kept him going when everything was against him.
    Ever wondered about Shazza Osbourne's fish-wife attack on him in the final, or why the public fall-out with Scowell? It's all in there.

A great read, can't recommend highly enough.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    He really is a vile human being, and he is lucky him and Senitta and another woman were not exposed (no pun intended) for their disgusting stunt in the dressing room, Steve could have taken that further.

What happened?
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve isn't this hard-working, decent bloke that he tries his hardest to portray himself as.

He's quite happy to pick on teenage girls on Twitter, and thinks nothing of making offensive remarks!

I've been unlucky enough to have had a Twitter spat myself with him when he was trying to get himself in the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve isn't this hard-working, decent bloke that he tries his hardest to portray himself as.
    How do you know?
    He's quite happy to pick on teenage girls on Twitter, and thinks nothing of making offensive remarks!

I've been unlucky enough to have had a Twitter spat myself with him when he was trying to get himself in the press.
    You give the impression he goes round randomly insulting people.
    In my experience he doesn't pick on anyone, but is guilty of responding like for like, when I'd personally ignore. He's not alone there judging by other celebs on twitter. Doesn't make it right I know, but being on twitter doesn't give trolls the right to troll.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know?

In my experience he doesn't pick on anyone, but is guilty of responding like for like, when I'd personally ignore. He's not alone there judging by other celebs on twitter. Doesn't make it right I know, but being on twitter doesn't give trolls the right to troll.

His remarks aren't just in response to things other people post. He has posted insulting things about Jedward/JLS/1D and other X Factor acts on twitter with no provocation, presumably to wind people up and get a response out of them.

I feel bad for him about the treatment he received from XF, but it doesn't mean he hasn't acted like a prat too at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He isn't allowed to use twitter to share an opinion? Lol that's a first!
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trust he's not complaining about manipulation on XF itself. He was the one who was pimped to win that series. From song choices to running order to tabloid exposure. Sharon was wrong to do what she did but it led to a massive influx of sympathy votes. Her issue was in fact the way Simon was pimping him and that the public were getting a false picture. (Folks have 10 years to decide if that was true).

As for afterwards he was treated badly but was it so much worse than others who followed? Not good but hardly shocking 10 years into show. I'm more shocked that he is still eaten up by bitterness and hasn't moved on.
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Steve have a forum?

Did he get aggressive with people on there?

Is THAT in your book?
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know?

He does actually do that though..
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does actually do that though..

Yes he DOES
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Looks like he was supposed to have an interview in the Sun

http://www.stevebrookstein.com/blog/2014/11/17/a-close-escape

Just listened to Steve Brookstein in a podcast with bookies William Hill

https://audioboom.com/boos/2672555-the-specials-podcast-steve-brookstein

very interesting where he talks about book & tells how influential The Sun is and this year is pumping up/down who Cowell wants to win/lose e.g. one day recently apparently showed a pic of Lauren gorging on a pie outside Greggs :o while Fleur is shown heading for the music studios meaning business :) LOL
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to Steve Brookstein in a podcast with bookies William Hill

https://audioboom.com/boos/2672555-the-specials-podcast-steve-brookstein

very interesting where he talks about book & tells how influential The Sun is and this year is pumping up/down who Cowell wants to win/lose e.g. one day recently apparently showed a pic of Lauren gorging on a pie outside Greggs :o while Fleur is shown heading for the music studios meaning business :) LOL

I listened to that interview. Absolutely right about Lauren and Fleur.

Collaboration is the buzz word in business today. SyCo, Scowell, ITV, The Press, The Sun, The bookies, etc, are no different. I don't vote, watch the adverts, place a bet, read The Sun, etc, etc, etc, but I do keep watch on what I find distasteful. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Book is roaring up the 'charts'!
    Bizarre twitter exchange of last night- Tony Cowell, Simon's
    brother tweeted Tony Horne, Steve's ghost writer having a pop at him! Fair enough you might say until you read Getting Over The X and find Tony Cowell asked Steve if HE could write it... Steve met with him to see whether it was a wind up or not. Nope... deadly serious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Goodness, I'd forgotten. They really didn't want him to win did they.

Video of Sharon after his final three songs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8d4ExlwsA&index=1&list=RD-L8d4ExlwsA

(Her comments probably made him win by an even greater lead :D )
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, I'd forgotten. They really didn't want him to win did they.

Video of Sharon after his final three songs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8d4ExlwsA&index=1&list=RD-L8d4ExlwsA

(Her comments probably made him win by an even greater lead :D )

Steve topped the voting most weeks
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this book only available for download or can you still buy it the old fashioned way in a book shop??
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read Steve's book on my kindle...

He was well and truely treated very badly, I wish him every success in his future and think he is brave in speaking out about his experience.

(I felt physically sick when reading what 'Osborne' said and did to him.. vile woman)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this book only available for download or can you still buy it the old fashioned way in a book shop??
    On Amazon £14.95- Waterstones stocking soon I think.
    £4.49 on Kindle, not sure on ibooks.
    Digital Spy gets a mention! ;)
    Still no press/tv interest.... yet! Lol apart from the Wright Stuff this Friday- think Steve and Matthew have done a few things together.