Options

Pure Sensia DAB/Internet/FM

neyney Posts: 12,516
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.touchmyradio.com
It was on the The Hour on STV at 5pm and they did a mins review of this and it looked good but the guy said its just out and round about £250.
What to yo think if it.
I would think about getting one if the price came down to just under £200.

Darren

Comments

• Options
    scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh that looks nifty. ild love one of those.
    It would replace my bug and musicpal - which are both great.
    A friend of mine got a chumby to play with the other week, it was quite interesting but the pure takes everything a little bit further. Im glad pure are going into the internet radio market as I love thier products.
  • Options
    GamerGirlGamerGirl Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a Chumby One for about 3 weeks now and it's a wonderful device! It has a touchscreen and it can be a clock (one of many designs), it's an RSS feed, it streams podcasts and online worldwide radio, it also has FM radio, it has games apps, weather apps, visual fun apps, and many configurable alarms with Night Mode, screen dimming etc.

It was £109 from veda.co.uk which I thought was quite expensive, but it's been worth every penny so far . I also bought a NP120-comparable battery for it so that I can take it with me from room to room.

I've just looked at the Pure Sensia and it seems similar to the Chumby but with a bigger screen and without so many apps as yet. If the price comes down a bit I may be tempted to buy one for downstairs, but it would have to have many more apps to appeal to me. I've been spoiled. :D
  • Options
    Brush MasterBrush Master Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GamerGirl wrote: »
    I've had a Chumby One ...
    I've just looked at the Pure Sensia and it seems similar to the Chumby but with a bigger screen and without so many apps as yet....

That may well be. I have a Sensia and recommend it. It is one of the few devices that make BBC 'listen again' content available, and the touchscreen makes it fairly easy to find and select a program. Also plays DAB, FM, DNLA (UPnP) streaming media (Twonky), Internet radio, podcasts. Finally, it does twitter and facebook and whatnots. I don't care about these Internet applications; this is my kitchen radio. For that, it's great, looks OK (at least no retro design), and sounds OK.