Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I refuse to believe that they will actually do another U-turn over Peter and Tina, and for Peter to plan to run-off with Tina, knowing that Carla is now pregnant. To leave her carrying the baby,...and to leave Simon, after everything he's been through. over Simon?

Nah! I can't believe it! There must be some wires crossed somewhere, or the so-called spoilers are just plain RIDICULOUS!! >:(>:(

Even the blasted SB has always commented on the fact that Peter and Carla are soul-mates, despite all the recent devastation. And, yeah, why would they bother putting in scenes with Steve and Peter, to show Peter sobbing his heart out over his love and guilt over Carla, just so he would later run-off with Tina? Why the scenes with Peter admitting that he's been neglecting Carla? What would be the point indeed?

I think I'm going have to grit my teeth and see what happens. These spoilers might just actually convey all sorts of stuff, but not exactly in the right set of circumstances. Haven't TPTB made us suffer enough already? >:(
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to believe that they will actually do another U-turn over Peter and Tina, and for Peter to plan to run-off with Tina, knowing that Carla is now pregnant. To leave her carrying the baby,...and to leave Simon, after everything he's been through. over Simon?

Nah! I can't believe it! There must be some wires crossed somewhere, or the so-called spoilers are just plain RIDICULOUS!! >:(>:(

Even the blasted SB has always commented on the fact that Peter and Carla are soul-mates, despite all the recent devastation. And, yeah, why would they bother putting in scenes with Steve and Peter, to show Peter sobbing his heart out over his love and guilt over Carla, just so he would later run-off with Tina? Why the scenes with Peter admitting that he's been neglecting Carla? What would be the point indeed?

I think I'm going have to grit my teeth and see what happens. These spoilers might just actually convey all sorts of stuff, but not exactly in the right set of circumstances. Haven't TPTB made us suffer enough already? >:(
    I'm with you. Call it denial, call it optimism... I refuse to believe this until we see proper confirmed spoilers. I just cannot believe they'd do this, despite everything with the affair. If I'm proved wrong then I'm beyond done with the entire show, but I'm holding out hope. I can just imagine the press write ups, the bloggers' comments... Yet another u turn would just be ludicrous surely?
    I'm going to the corrie set at the end of April with some people who Ali always stops for, so if it comes to it I'll make some comment about this rumour, watch her immediate reaction (using my inner psychologist/therapist) and let you all know :p
    Forum Member
    Holz_ wrote: »
    I'm with you. Call it denial, call it optimism... I refuse to believe this until we see proper confirmed spoilers. I just cannot believe they'd do this, despite everything with the affair. If I'm proved wrong then I'm beyond done with the entire show, but I'm holding out hope. I can just imagine the press write ups, the bloggers' comments... Yet another u turn would just be ludicrous surely?
    I'm going to the corrie set at the end of April with some people who Ali always stops for, so if it comes to it I'll make some comment about this rumour, watch her immediate reaction (using my inner psychologist/therapist) and let you all know :p

BIB - Cool! Have fun! :) But, I hope your "detectors" are on red-alert for any clues. I've been desperately trying to keep an open-mind, and remain ever-faithful. But, if these spoilers turn out to be true, then seriously, there will be no way back for Carter, whatever the outcome, or whether Chris returns one day, or not. It will completely trash the beautiful journey that we have witnessed and rooted for, from the end of 2010. So, I'm keeping everything, and I mean, everything crossed, it's a case of speculation-only. :(:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I can't remember how to do spoiler tags so I can't comment properly, but wasn't their a 'spoiler' a while ago about Peter and Tina running away? Ages ago near the start of the affair? Meh, I don't know what to think anymore. I haven't watched a whole episode since Hayley's death but someone has been uploading Carla/Peter scenes to Tumblr (very perfect human being) and I have seen a few of their scenes, but from all the interviews etc it has been emphasised that Peter and Carla are soulmates and he doesn't feel anything for Tina, AND WHAT ABOUT SIMON?! so I'm hoping that the DS is just wrong.

Mind you, the spoiler form a couple of weeks ago, Peter and Tina arguing at night by a black cab seems to fit. In all honesty maybe I have outgrown Corrie, or just enjoy more upbeat and happy programmes at the moment, but I find myself now in the position where I don't really care anymore. I actually laughed out loud when I read the new spoilers.

Also, I still detest the idea of Carla being a mother. It just doesn't sit right with me. I'm almost certain she will lose the baby, don't know how and don't know when but I really can't see her having a baby. Ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    The fact it says 'we will see' Tina and Peter plotting to run off together means it hasn't been on screen yet. I honestly don't know how on earth they could completely change the storyline when it's been shown on screen for the entire affair, and in interviews with each of the actors involved as well as press people that he doesn't love her, doesn't want to be with her and 'WOULD NEVER' leave Carla for her, especially if she's pregnant! If this does turn out to be true it will be possibly the worst storyline I've ever seen.

Unless Carla finds out dumps him and then he considers running off with Tina because he is so distraught that Carla has left him, THAT I would consider to be not the worst thing in the world, although I'd like him to stay and fight for Carla. But leaving Carla for a Tina, that would never ever be okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member

Hope you succeed.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I still detest the idea of Carla being a mother. It just doesn't sit right with me. I'm almost certain she will lose the baby, don't know how and don't know when but I really can't see her having a baby. Ever.
    I think she'll lose it or have an abortion after the affair comes out. If the rest of this DS article is correct, then the affair comes out before Tina's death, so she'd still be able to have an abortion and not be too far along. Plus, it'd give Peter and Carla bigger motives. But then apparently she tells everyone she's pregnant the night of Tracey's engagement party which also seems to be the night Tina is killed, so who knows anymore.
    SayNothing wrote: »
    Unless Carla finds out dumps him and then he considers running off with Tina because he is so distraught that Carla has left him, THAT I would consider to be not the worst thing in the world, although I'd like him to stay and fight for Carla. But leaving Carla for a Tina, that would never ever be okay.
    This is what I'm thinking. It's the only thing that makes the slightest amount of sense. But the phrasing of it, "plotting to run away together" suggests to me it's some secret 'romantic' plan they cook up over a week or so, and that I just will not watch.
    Forum Member
    I think she'll lose it or have an abortion after the affair comes out. If the rest of this DS article is correct, then the affair comes out before Tina's death, so she'd still be able to have an abortion and not be too far along. Plus, it'd give Peter and Carla bigger motives. But then apparently she tells everyone she's pregnant the night of Tracey's engagement party which also seems to be the night Tina is killed, so who knows anymore.

This is what I'm thinking. It's the only thing that makes the slightest amount of sense. But the phrasing of it, "plotting to run away together" suggests to me it's some secret 'romantic' plan they cook up over a week or so, and that I just will not watch.

I think she won't have the baby either, really don't think Ali wants it and don't think it would be good for Carla as a character either. Possibly an abortion, surely a miscarriage would be too much for Carla, think this period of time is the longest she's been happy for and that's about to change next week anyway.

I'm confused, some things in that DS article don't add up and it also seems they are guessing at some points. Tracey has no motive, why would she kill Tina as a result of Carla announcing the pregnancy!? Also if that is the night she is killed then the affair would have to come out on that night for Carla to be a suspect.

Is there really enough time on screen for Peter to go to rehab (I assume he's in rehab for the rest of April considering he doesn't even go till mid April), then have a complete change of heart and plot to abandon his wife, his son, his unborn child, his business for someone it's been made clear he has no feelings for, and then have time to do another u-turn and decide he's staying with Carla! In the space of a month or 6 weeks? Assuming Tina is killed off mid June. Very very bizarre wish we had spoilers for up to her death then at least we could decide whether or not it's worth watching or even talking about.
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/468608/Coronation-Street-love-triangle-Carla-Peter-and-Tina?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-entertainment-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Entertainment+Feed%29

It looks like Carla asks Tina to 'babysit' Peter to make sure he doesn't drink - I reckon that is when they'll start up their affair again - pretty sick seeing as Carla's pregnant and both Peter & Chris said when she tells him she is pregnant he realised what he has to loose and how much he loves her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I think anything that happens between Tina and Peter from now on will be about Peter trying to keep get quiet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/468608/Coronation-Street-love-triangle-Carla-Peter-and-Tina?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-entertainment-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Entertainment+Feed%29

It looks like Carla asks Tina to 'babysit' Peter to make sure he doesn't drink - I reckon that is when they'll start up their affair again - pretty sick seeing as Carla's pregnant and both Peter & Chris said when she tells him she is pregnant he realised what he has to loose and how much he loves her.
    Oh for god's sake, it looks like that spoiler about them running away together was right then. Let me guess: Tina will be seductive and supportive with Simon while Carla snaps at him and dares to worry about her own pregnancy, leading to the ever weak willed Peter to change his mind for the 600th time about who he wants to be with. Don't think I'll be sticking around to watch that, somehow. I'd love to think it's all his attempt to keep her quiet, but sadly I don't buy it. I think she'll just have to pout at him and flash a bit of flesh and he'll be back to square one with sneaking around because hey, Carla didn't find out last time so he knows he can get away with it.

But seriously, is this not just a repeat of how the affair started first time round? And why, of all the people she could ask - Peter's own family for example, why would Carla ask Tina to be the one to 'babysit' Peter? It's so contrived. What good would a 20-something woman who barely knows Peter be to him if he was tempted? If she had to get someone to watch him, surely Steve, Deirdre, even Tracey or Rob would've been more help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if he is just trying to keep her from telling Carla, I won't be supporting it. He can't sleep with her forever just to keep her from telling Carla. He has a f*@cking baby on the way!

This storyline is so ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly! What's his plan long term? And to be honest, if he can lie like that and sleep with someone just to keep them quiet, he's pretty much scum for that alone, regardless of his actual feelings for Carla.

It's not just the tedium and destroying what was a great relationship that's bothering me about this though. I was reading on the main forum and all the discussion about Tina turning to a bunny boiler and how she'll react when she finds out Carla is pregnant. And I'm thinking, this could be a great story. I mean, Tina is wrecked anyway, so why not wreck her in a way that will make the story watchable, by having her go full on stalker mode on Peter? Have her watching him from a distance, texting him all hours, making funny comments to Carla in front of him, breaking into their house even. She still has keys to their flat since Carla was in Paris so have her sneak in while they're at work, get Peter home somehow and have her strewn over the bed in her underwear. Ok maybe not quite as hardcore as that but you get my drift :p They could turn her into a complete stalker, then have the affair reveal because Tina will tell Rob because Peter refuses one of her demands or something, and bingo, a million suspects for her murder. Why start up the affair again? It's such a waste.
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I think anything that happens between Tina and Peter from now on will be about Peter trying to keep get quiet.

Gotta agree with you here! Although, as Peter is now a desperate and relapsed man, nothing will surprise me in what he might do to cover his tracks. I don't think he will wantonly go back to Tina though. I think he's finally realised just how madly in love and obsessed Tina is over him. I think, everything Peter will be doing from now on, will be about trying to keep Tina on-side, mostly, away from Carla, and more importantly, trying to get rid of Tina once and for all. Clearly TPTB have done a disappointing job. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Peter will be able to salvage something of the decent part of him, where Carter is concerned, before Chris leaves the show. :(
    Oh for god's sake, it looks like that spoiler about them running away together was right then. Let me guess: Tina will be seductive and supportive with Simon while Carla snaps at him and dares to worry about her own pregnancy, leading to the ever weak willed Peter to change his mind for the 600th time about who he wants to be with. Don't think I'll be sticking around to watch that, somehow. I'd love to think it's all his attempt to keep her quiet, but sadly I don't buy it. I think she'll just have to pout at him and flash a bit of flesh and he'll be back to square one with sneaking around because hey, Carla didn't find out last time so he knows he can get away with it.

But seriously, is this not just a repeat of how the affair started first time round? And why, of all the people she could ask - Peter's own family for example, why would Carla ask Tina to be the one to 'babysit' Peter? It's so contrived. What good would a 20-something woman who barely knows Peter be to him if he was tempted? If she had to get someone to watch him, surely Steve, Deirdre, even Tracey or Rob would've been more help.

BIB - To be honest, the whole premise of Carla supposedly being friends with Tina, in the first place, was so flimsy! :o Yes, Tina was once a smart, gutsy, bubbly, fairly, honest young girl. Still pretty, yes! However, we are talking about the strikingly beautiful Carla here! Usually so sharp, and intuitive. How is it that Michelle Connor has been fairly consistently not very keen on Tina? She has even commented on the fact that Tina is like,...."still waters running deep". Basically,...Michelle doesn't trust Tina. Michelle senses something, where Carla does not! And, Carla actually defends Tina, whenever Michelle tries to criticise her.

We've witnessed Tina's mood swings, her quietness, unpredictability and sudden unreliable behaviour as a bar-maid. And, yet, Carla can see nothing wrong about Tina at all. Actually, she thinks Tina is still suffering from a broken heart,...by all accounts, at her own wedding! :o And, all this, just because Tina gets on well with Simon, which admittedly, was very convenient for Carla, being the type of woman that she is. All in all - such flimsy plot contrived drama, has left me in despair,...that I am all but gagging for Carla to find out about Tina and Peter's affair. Just so we can get Carla's perspective on why she's had her bloody eyes closed all this time! Yes, we know why she's been so preoccupied, but it will be really interesting to see her start to de-construct those nuances, those feelings of doubt, acknowledge that she has somehow suppressed all those feelings for months! >:(:(>:( It's going to be fantastic and painful viewing. But, I'll be relieved that Carla will finally be armed with the reality of things. Because, it's bloody torturous viewing up until now! >:(:(
    It's not just the tedium and destroying what was a great relationship that's bothering me about this though. I was reading on the main forum and all the discussion about Tina turning to a bunny boiler and how she'll react when she finds out Carla is pregnant. And I'm thinking, this could be a great story. I mean, Tina is wrecked anyway, so why not wreck her in a way that will make the story watchable, by having her go full on stalker mode on Peter? Have her watching him from a distance, texting him all hours, making funny comments to Carla in front of him, breaking into their house even. She still has keys to their flat since Carla was in Paris so have her sneak in while they're at work, get Peter home somehow and have her strewn over the bed in her underwear. Ok maybe not quite as hardcore as that but you get my drift :p They could turn her into a complete stalker, then have the affair reveal because Tina will tell Rob because Peter refuses one of her demands or something, and bingo, a million suspects for her murder. Why start up the affair again? It's such a waste.

BIB - I don't think she has them anymore? Surely, there was that scene where she gave them back to Peter? After they had another row? She certainly seemed to have slipped something into Peter's hand. I can't quire recall what scene though. :confused:
    Forum Member
    I still feel that it will still be interesting to explore Carla as a mother. Although,...I do have a bad feeling that she may actually lose the baby anyway, due to the fallout from discovering the affair. But, I'm going to throw a spanner in the works! :) I actually hope that Carla might actually give birth, and in dong so, may salvage something positive, from the wreck of her marriage, and the events that might lead up to her giving birth. Hopefully, she will still have Rob and Michelle to support her.

I acknowledge that most people would actually like Carla to abort or miscarry, because they don't think having a baby is in keeping with her character. But, I say, why not? It is but just another dimension for the TPTB to work on,...hopefully effectively. Why should having a baby weaken her character anyway? Ali's character is unique in every way. Carla is extremely complex, and full of potential. They could take her character anywhere! And, they have done so,...many times in the past. Surely, this would be a whole new dimension? We can't quite envisage it yet for Carla. But, there are plenty of strong, gutsy, and attractive heroines in the soaps. Look at Connie Beauchamp in Holby/Casualty, Jac Naylor in Holby, for instance? Whether you like them, or despise them, they're still mothers. And, quite frankly, I don't see that their characters have been compromised by them being mothers.

To be fair, we might not actually get to see much of Carla's baby, if it's born. Her character is such that she is likely to fit the baby round her schedule, rather the other way round. And, in that way, I can see her still being Carla. I'm sure there is potential for some good comedy too, if it's done right. I think we'll might also see shades of vulnerability as a mother too though. Well, hopefully? :D

Admittedly, where Carla is concerned - at the moment, she's all loved up, preoccupied, vulnerable, and not quite the strong and fiesty woman that we've know in the past. Although, we've seen glimpses of her old self. But, we've got to remember that she's been through so much trauma. It's hardly surprising that she is a much frailer version of her old self. However, there is nothing to suggest that she might not regain some of her gutsy behaviour, in order to survive, when the shit hits the fan? We know for one thing, that Carla is a survivor (admittedly,...with help from Peter.:( ) And, yes, we may well witness her fall apart completely, once she finds out about Peter deeds. But, maybe, once he's departed. Carla will eventually start to recover, re-build her life,... her defences. She may become much tougher, and take no prisoners. Why not, carrying a baby? ;-)

Well, that's me, anyway. :blush::blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I think she will keep the baby as that's the only thing remaining of Peter when he leaves, because she would still love him despite the affair. Come Christmas, Carla will give birth
    Forum Member
    According to this: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a562674/eastenders-kiss-hollyoaks-ste-twist-corrie-concern-edale-pregnancy.html

Peter sleeps with Tina again on the Monday after next. I really have just had enough, all the scenes of him feeling guilty and changing his ways because of the pregnancy have been complete bulllshit. He then falls off the wagon due to guilt!? Why do it in the first place. Think I'm going to have to stop watching it's too ridiculous, and after that daily star article, sounds like it's only going to get worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SayNothing wrote: »
    According to this: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a562674/eastenders-kiss-hollyoaks-ste-twist-corrie-concern-edale-pregnancy.html

Peter sleeps with Tina again on the Monday after next. I really have just had enough, all the scenes of him feeling guilty and changing his ways because of the pregnancy have been complete bulllshit. He then falls off the wagon due to guilt!? Why do it in the first place. Think I'm going to have to stop watching it's too ridiculous, and after that daily star article, sounds like it's only going to get worse.

When he was with Leanne, he resisted Carla, when he loved Leanne and didn't love Carla. Even when he did love her.

He's cheating on Carla so easily. I give up. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Surely even Peter can resist Tina when he knows how much he apparently loves his wife and doesn't want to loose her, when she's carrying his baby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone find me a brick wall I can hit my head repeatedly against. Seriously, how many more times are they gonna go round this same pathetic loop of lust/sex/guilt? The Daily Star spoilers are clearly true then, which means another six weeks of the affair we thought was over. It's gone beyond a joke now, seriously. How they expect any viewers, let alone anyone to enjoy this storyline, I really don't know.

They may as well just have Carla kill Tina now and be done with it. I give up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't believe he can't resist temptation after admitting how much he loves Carla, how she's the love of his life etc. I truly believe his feelings for Tina run deeper than just lust. I also think however Corrie intended to portray this failed miserably because I'm confused as hell. One minute Peter seems to genuinely love Carla, the next Tina, the next he looks like a liar. I'm so confused and it's not a good thing.
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that would be that, where Tina is concerned, for Peter, that is. But, clearly, he is a very, very weak man, if he's about to go and sleep with Tina, yet again! :( This has nothing to do with love where Tina is concerned. Let's be realistic (although this sl certainly isn't),...but some men are like that,...sadly. :(

All I've seen from Tina and Peter, is just plain lust. There is no depth to their relationship. Well, where Peter is concerned anyway. Tina is madly in love with Peter, or more accurately, she's infatuated with him. She can't see anything else in life, but Peter right now. That's definitely got to be infatuation. I mean, she was actually saying that she was prepared to give up a future prospect of starting a family, just so she could keep him, when Peter lied to her about not wanting more kids. She can't see anything else in her life, which is pretty sad, I suppose. As for Peter?...Well. he's just really, really weak right now. And, now that he's started drinking again, he's clearly not well either. So, that's not going to help him make rational decisions.

What a mess! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I literally want to write SB a letter of complaint! Haha this whole thing has been upsetting me to a ridiculous extent since the first Tina/Peter spoilers last September. I think I need to go Carter cold turkey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I literally want to write SB a letter of complaint! Haha this whole thing has been upsetting me to a ridiculous extent since the first Tina/Peter spoilers last September. I think I need to go Carter cold turkey.
    Same! When Blackburn took over and I heard about everything he'd done to Emmerdale, I was worried. When the affair spoilers first came out, I was angry. But nothing could have prepared me for just how awful it was gonna get. Chris wasn't wrong when he said it was worse than he ever imagined it'd be.

I'll keep my eye on the spoilers because I want to see Carla find out (which, about he only slight positive, can't be more than 5 weeks away maximum) but I refuse to carry on watching this charade. No doubt Peter will decide there's no point fighting temptation anymore, that he's always loved Tina after all and was kidding himself with Carla, and I just will not watch what such a great pairing be reduced to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    They had a chance to turn it around with a bunny boiler story - without going back to another round of the affair, which apparently leads to Peter and Tina plotting to run away together and then Peter deciding to stay with Carla. Hardly riveting drama, is it? I have given up trying to understand why they are determined to keep going round in circles.

I'll probably switch off again too, and just keep checking the spoilers.
  • Karen25!!!Karen25!!! Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone sorry im not on here much! Guess u have all forgotton me! Xxxx