Options

Only the young didn't deserve to go

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
They were getting better week after week compared to the likes of Fleur and Andrea who just stay at the same level.

I hope simon signs them p and releases them onto the music world.

Comments

• Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to disagree. Personally I believe that rather than Fleur, Ben stays the same. Fleur's vocal tonight was amazing including her falsetto.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Not surprised. It was rubbish to let them sing the same song they did at their audition. Undoubtely, they deserve to stay in the competition after Stevie atrocious performance and after Ben oversang IWALY.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the right result. Their version of an Elton John classic was diabolical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH it has been pimped up for SK and Fleur

Much though I liked Fleur's performance, I can't see anything Worth watching now for the year,

Cyas all next year.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I felt that coming like a punch in the face. Terrible shame though. SO undeserving.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I think it was either them or Stevi who should've gone. They were poor tonight. Cheesy with bad vocals.
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have been Stevi or Stereo Kicks
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were getting better week after week compared to the likes of Fleur and Andrea who just stay at the same level.

I agree, I am gutted for them. I think that Andrea, Ben and especially Stevie were way worse tonight. Only the Young should never have gone. I really don't know who is voting for Stevie now, nice bloke but time for him to go. Ben was so boring tonight as well.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all about Stereo Kicks for Simon. It's hilarious.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamw92 wrote: »
    Should have been Stevi or Stereo Kicks

I totally agree or even Ben. He had a bad night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member

nonsense. Fleur has upped the ante over the past 3 weeks at least. She's classes above oty i'm afraid.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have stayed. They came across as the most polished and professional. I thought they could've won.
  • Options
    PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    It's all about Stereo Kicks for Simon. It's hilarious.

I agree, and really there is only one really good singer in the group. To be honest though, all 4 judges stood up like loyal little soldiers. its sickening. They made the group and regardless they cannot fail. Did anyone notice how the betting odds suddenly moved heavily for SK, to take them well out of the drop zone. Very strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2la wrote: »
    They should have stayed. They came across as the most polished and professional. I thought they could've won.

for real??? let them compete against Jedward in Eurovision next year. that is their level
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    TBH it has been pimped up for SK and Fleur

Much though I liked Fleur's performance, I can't see anything Worth watching now for the year,

Cyas all next year.

ta ta.

oty are dreadful. the like for them on here is beyond comprehension
  • Options
    David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Poor song choice, all the others used really well known songs their's was a bit more obscure.
  • Options
    Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were one of the better ones. Lauren, Andrea, and i hate to say it Stevi were not great at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    They were never going to last much longer in the competition – it's not really the right place for an act like them to thrive, especially without the producer pushing that someone like SK has. They did pretty well getting this far, I thought.

The show is going to be a lot more boring without them though.

I'm sure outside the show they'll have a chance to find an audience if they get the chance to work with the right people. The pop fan / gay audience seems to have taken them to their heart, so they do definitely have a chance to build something.
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness they were crap. Sing off performance anyone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they have gone over some of the others left in the show. It's a very poor year this time around.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were over-rated and just another same difference! They will probably get a Disney track and that's there market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree, I think it was either them or Stevi who should've gone. They were poor tonight. Cheesy with bad vocals.

This^^^^
    They are now free to be holiday reps in all inclusive hotels in Turkey.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were stitched up.

They were put on earlier than Stevi and Stereokicks AGAIN, and they sang an uptempo version of the song which didn't work, as well as having silly distractions on stage like bumper cars (!?!).

They should have closed and performed a slow version to show there is much more to them.

I can't understand the producers' obsessions with Droopy Richie and Octo-***** myself. Both will be out in the next few weeks and then after that will fade away into obscurity. The boyband market is completely saturated and there is no place for a boring 8-piece. Only The Young had so much more potential and there is absolute a place for a cheesy fun mixed-group.

Still, idiot and manipulative moves from the producers such as these is why the show continues to fail in the ratings and gets beat by most competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Simon is obsessed with having another One Direction (given the current band look not far away from the inevitable break up), and I think he's got it in his mind that SK can fulfil that roll.

They can't, but he's determined to take them as far as it takes in the show to attempt to make it work.

I honestly don't think staying around a week or two more would have made a huge difference for OTY. They need to find smart people to work with, and they've done enough already to at least open some of the right doors. They'll need a bit of luck, a lot of hard work, and good management to make a go of things, but they do definitely have a shot.