If Ben was fat or ugly, he wouldn't have even made live shows

Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously, every single week he just stands there with that half-smug, half-bored look on his face and sings to what you know is only about 60% of his potential

Comments

• LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been rubbish the last couple of weeks. Tonights performance was really bad.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally true
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's life. I don't even like Ben but it's not his fault.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I agree, he seems like a nice enough guy, but he isn't that good, tonight he was awful, but I will say it again, me thinks he is getting the housewife/women vote because he is good looking.
  • Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope disagree.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked Ben but really have to agree, his vocals have been exposed past 2 or 3 weeks!

Not good at all tonight! :o
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    in a manufactured environment like this image is more important than talent

why do you think stereokicks and fleur are still in , the same question could be directed at either of them
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is quite fat and not particularly attractive, so was Paul. Don't really think your logic is correct.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is quite fat and not particularly attractive, so was Paul. Don't really think your logic is correct.

They had much better vocals performances especially before the lives..
    Forum Member

and regardless of what Louis said paul got left out last year because of his image , he came back a year later after having lost a lot of weight and changed his look and gets into the lives
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben was the weakest of the night,
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member

I agree, along with Stevi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Weaker than Stevi????...:o
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. His voice is ok, just not to my tastes,but tonight was absolutely torturous! I genuinely preferred Stevi.

Completely agree btw, if he looked even like Stevi for example but had the same voice he'd definitely have gone by now.
    Forum Member
    Weaker than Stevi????...:o

its just jeref as usual talking down anyone he sees as a threat to the "chosen one"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    its just jeref as usual talking down anyone he sees as a threat to the "chosen one"

To be fair, Ben was pretty bad though...
    Forum Member
    To be fair, Ben was pretty bad though...

he was but it was the completely wrong song for him , he just doesn't have the type of voice suited to singing that type of song , especially when singing it close to the original arrangement , I really had expected it to be changed for him

we've seen when he gets the type of song that suits him that he can deliver it well
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just giving an honest opinion which we are all allowed to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    LH1 wrote: »
    He's been rubbish the last couple of weeks. Tonights performance was really bad.

it was crap , and i like him normally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was but it was the completely wrong song for him , he just doesn't have the type of voice suited to singing that type of song , especially when singing it close to the original arrangement , I really had expected it to be changed for him

we've seen when he gets the type of song that suits him that he can deliver it well

I think Simon is trying to be not predictable in his song choices, but he going way too out of the box and it is gonna hurt Ben eventually...
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Ben wasn't at his best tonight at all.
    Forum Member
    I think Simon is trying to be not predictable in his song choices, but he going way too out of the box and it is gonna hurt Ben eventually...

hes being pretty predictable in the song choices for stevi and fleur every week

by coincidence I am listening atm to a song I would love to hear ben sing if it fits next weeks theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes being pretty predictable in the song choices for stevi and fleur every week

by coincidence I am listening atm to a song I would love to hear ben sing if it fits next weeks theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA

I think he might want to prepare a great sing off song...
    Forum Member
    I think he might want to prepare a great sing off song...

nah it'll be stevi and SK in the bottom two tomorrow
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've hit the nail on the head there. I don't think Simon has a clue what to do with a rock singer tbh and some of these themes and song choices are hurting Ben's chances.

Ben is my favourite this year not because of how he looks ( although that is an added bonus :) ) but because my musical tastes lean to rock music and I love his voice but I can't see him winning because he is not mainstream enough.