Neighbours , who will be leaving next?

Liam89Liam89 Posts: 396
Forum Member
who do you think will leave the show next, my bet is on brad, he stated according to wikipedia that he doesnt intend to stay for more than 4 years

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I can't see Brad leaving because he is a classic character and a key member of the Willis family. The Neighbours producers will probably try and keep him as long as possible.

Now the next character who will most likely leave is Paige but not until next year when her 3 years is up.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paige will leave in June 2017.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who will arrive?

The only new regulars so far are Gary & Elly.
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I wonder who will arrive?

The only new regulars so far are Gary & Elly.

Madison is a regular now too and Ned Willis and Angus are making permanent returns later in the year.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Madison is a regular now too and Ned Willis and Angus are making permanent returns later in the year.

Are they? Hated Angus.

I definitely think Paige will be next, followed by Aaron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they? Hated Angus.

I definitely think Paige will be next, followed by Aaron.

I don't think Aaron will leave just yet.

Angus & Ned are not regulars not sure about Madison- Ned has great potential though and Ben Hall is not only gorgeous but he can act too!
  • clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt be surprised if Tyler was the next to go.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Paige is the obvious choice due to her being vocal about wanting to leave after her 3 year contract expires. But, reading on NeighboursFans, she has gotten back together with her boyfriend, bought a house and is busy renovating it. So, maybe she's putting down roots in Australia and won't be leaving after all? People don't usually buy a house and move to a new country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ned needs to be a regular.
  • hae2811hae2811 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I think Tyler after Paige, although he hasn't been in the show as long as I thought. His latest Q&A with Mavournee (Piper) was interesting as she said about him going before her because he joined first and he said 'they don't know...' and cut himself off. Also, his fiancée seems to go to LA quite a bit so maybe they'll consider a move when they're married.
  • NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Xanthe I hope! She doesn't seem the type to stick around too long - actress or character.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Noxy wrote: »
    Xanthe I hope! She doesn't seem the type to stick around too long - actress or character.

I hope not! She is one of the best new characters on Neighbours in years.
  • NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    I hope not! She is one of the best new characters on Neighbours in years.

I find her nauseating and the actress is dire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xanthe has improved.
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next younger cast member who is set to hit three years is Paige next year, however I wonder if Aaron will last that long. They let Daniel Robinson go early, and Aaron just doesn't seem to fit in with the street as he's shoved from silly job to silly job as the producers become desperate for him to have something to do. Even with the Brennan brothers, Mark and Tyler seem a lot closer than Aaron does.
  • Dan4Dan4 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paige and the Brennan's will probably be the first to go. Ryan/Toadie has said that he isn't planning on staying forever so his character and family will probably leave at some point. Probably to the US to live with Callum. 😊
    Forum Member
    Wryip wrote: »
    The next younger cast member who is set to hit three years is Paige next year, however I wonder if Aaron will last that long. They let Daniel Robinson go early, and Aaron just doesn't seem to fit in with the street as he's shoved from silly job to silly job as the producers become desperate for him to have something to do. Even with the Brennan brothers, Mark and Tyler seem a lot closer than Aaron does.

The only reason why Daniel was axed is because the producer wanted to recreate Scott and Charlene with him and Imogen.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The youngsters only stay for 2/3 years before pulling a Kylie (well try anyway). The rely on characters like the Kennedys to give the viewer continuity.

Its one reason I no longer watch because you often get 3 years of terrible characters before they are all written out and replaced by even worse. Can anyone remember Bridget and Mickeytheshit from a few years ago?!
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    The youngsters only stay for 2/3 years before pulling a Kylie (well try anyway). The rely on characters like the Kennedys to give the viewer continuity.

Its one reason I no longer watch because you often get 3 years of terrible characters before they are all written out and replaced by even worse. Can anyone remember Bridget and Mickeytheshit from a few years ago?!

Bridget was the pits! The only good thing about her was the FFS thread, which was hilarious! Benthe shit was even worse then Mickytheshit! And Mason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott MacGregor has apparently signed a new two year contract with the show.
  • Dan4Dan4 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Scott MacGregor has apparently signed a new two year contract with the show.

That's good news then. Wonder if they'll bring his mum and sister in (Mark's I mean)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan4 wrote: »
    That's good news then. Wonder if they'll bring his mum and sister in (Mark's I mean)

I think we will see them at some point.
  • BOOSTBOOST Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Is there any news of Lyn Scully coming back for a guest stint?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The younger cast never stick around for more than a few years, its been a big problem for the show for a long time now. The only long term characters left are Karl Susan Paul Toadie and Steph, and to a lesser extent Sonya. It would be nice to have some the newer old characters stick around long term. The likes of Brad Lauren Terese and Sheila.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The young cast is the best it's been for a long time and I hope they all stay. I don't understand why they can't contract them for longer, I'm sure in America the contracts are a standard 7 years. Neighours really suffers with actors leaving all the time.