Summer Sport : Schedule Changes

Comments

• Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    With the Olympics taking place from August 5/21st I presume casualty will be off for 3 weeks then so I guess we got a series finale coming up then ?
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football is one thing - I wouldn't have wanted to miss seing Iceland sort out England. But the Olympics is a step too far. The opening ceremony perhaps, but after that...
  • benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Football is one thing - I wouldn't have wanted to miss seing Iceland sort out England. But the Olympics is a step too far. The opening ceremony perhaps, but after that...

What do you mean It's a step too far?
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    With the Olympics taking place from August 5/21st I presume casualty will be off for 3 weeks then so I guess we got a series finale coming up then ?

As far as I know, Casualty's current series has 43 episodes so will finish on July 23rd. The show will then return after a short break on August 27th with the special anniversary episode.
    Forum Member
    As far as I know, Casualty's current series has 43 episodes so will finish on July 23rd. The show will then return after a short break on August 27th with the special anniversary episode.
    How do you get the epsiode numbers ?
    Forum Member
    Biggest sporting event on the planet is one reason why we are having live coverage for 2 weeks for about £1 27 per week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    How do you get the epsiode numbers ?

As in what episode in the series?

My TV magazine (What's on TV) has stated this Saturday will be episode 42 out of 43, plus my EPG on my freeview TV tells me what episode number it is.

I know, from BBC and Digital Spy, the anniversary episode on August 27th is the start of the new series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For week commencing 23rd July:

- No Casualty - makes way for a live episode of Mrs Brown's Boys which I'm looking forward to

- Emmerdale is on for an hour on Tuesday

No other changes.
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casualty is back on July 30 for the last in the present series and then returns for a feature length episode to celebrate its 30th birthday on Saturday August 27
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breaking News - the early schedules for the first week of the Olympics are out and it looks as if EastEnders will be left where it is on BBC One as the info says coverage continues on BBC Two at the normal EE times
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprising decision but wouldn't surprise me if there were a few last minute moves of EE to BBC Two if there's a big GB story unfolding at that time.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

The Olympics is massive and for many of us unmissable. For anyone not around here for the last Olympics the Olympics forum on here was a great place to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Holby City fans, there are two episodes next week on Tuesday and Thursday both at 8pm on BBC1.

This is probably to do with the Olympics in Rio taking over BBC1's schedule the following week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First week of the Olympics schedule has been confirmed - NO CHANGES to EastEnders broadcast times or day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    First week of the Olympics schedule has been confirmed - NO CHANGES to EastEnders broadcast times or day

Olympics should be given preference over the fortnight or so it is on.

Imagine the Tuesday schedule
    6pm News
    7:00 Olympics 2016
    7:30 EastEnders
    8:00 Olympics 2016

Might as well move EastEnders to BBC2 or cancel it until after the competition has finished.
  • benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member

6pm News

Might as well move EastEnders to BBC2 or cancel it until after the competition has finished.

Exactly, why break up the coverage like that, It would've just made sense to move EE to BBC2 at normal times.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

6pm News

Why should Eastenders be cancelled for the Olympics?
  • James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be easier if the chief executive officers of the drug manufacturers who supply the athletes competed in the games to prove who made the best. It would save a lot of time and money and finally dispel the myth who were the master producers in the business..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should Eastenders be cancelled for the Olympics?

The Olympics will get more viewers and is considered a national (or international event), whereas EastEnders is just another TV show.

I watch both Holby City and Casualty, and am not bothered if they are not going to be shown while BBC has the Olympics coverage.

Why do some people think it is the end of the world if their favourite soap is cancelled?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Olympics will get more viewers and is considered a national (or international event), whereas EastEnders is just another TV show.

I watch both Holby City and Casualty, and am not bothered if they are not going to be shown while BBC has the Olympics coverage.

Why do some people think it is the end of the world if their favourite soap is cancelled?

Where did I say it was the end of the world?:confused:

I have no issue with soaps being reschedule or moved at all during sporting events but i dont swe why one soap should be cancelled and not any others.

As a matter of fact I'm big into sports so I love the tournaments when they're on.

They have found a way to show all events so it's all good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second week of the Olympics early schedule is out and the only change is no EastEnders on the Tuesday but an episode on Wednesday instead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I say it was the end of the world?:confused:

I have no issue with soaps being reschedule or moved at all during sporting events but i dont swe why one soap should be cancelled and not any others.

As a matter of fact I'm big into sports so I love the tournaments when they're on.

They have found a way to show all events so it's all good

All 5 of the BBC soaps have been affected. The Olympics is a big event - why has EastEnders been given preference (kept in the same slot and channel) with the others cancelled. The Olympics run from this Friday August 5th (from 8:30pm) to Sunday 21st August.

The other soaps:

Red Rock is on BBC 2 from August 8th (during the Olympics) at 1:45pm
    Doctors returns on August 30th on BBC1
    Casualty returns on August 27th on BBC1 with an 110 minute episode
    Holby City airs on Tuesday August 2nd, Thursday August 4th, Tuesday 23rd August, Thursday 25th August and Tuesday 30th August during the next month.

EastEnders meanwhile stays at its same time slot on BBC1 - why cancel/move the other soaps and not EE. That is favouritism from the BBC.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 5 of the BBC soaps have been affected. The Olympics is a big event - why has EastEnders been given preference (kept in the same slot and channel) with the others cancelled. The Olympics run from this Friday August 5th (from 8:30pm) to Sunday 21st August.

The other soaps:

Red Rock is on BBC 2 from August 8th (during the Olympics) at 1:45pm
    Doctors returns on August 30th on BBC1
    Casualty returns on August 27th on BBC1 with an 110 minute episode
    Holby City airs on Tuesday August 2nd, Thursday August 4th, Tuesday 23rd August, Thursday 25th August and Tuesday 30th August during the next month.

EastEnders meanwhile stays at its same time slot on BBC1 - why cancel/move the other soaps and not EE. That is favouritism from the BBC.
    I thought Red Rock (BBC showing season 1 from 2015 I guess 40 episodes) was a summer day time filler, in place of Doctors.
    Although if Doctors is back 30th, suggests a week crossover.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Doctors was back September 5th - its not usually shown on a Bank Holiday anyway
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    Wrong thread:blush: