Explosion at Boston Marathon (Part 2)

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Finding this quite odd... the three new suspects is Sky's top story but it's not even on the BBC News front page?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Finding this quite odd... the three new suspects is Sky's top story but it's not even on the BBC News front page?

It's top on the BBC News website
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Perhaps the brothers didnt work quite as alone as the authorities led everyone to believe.

Yes and maybe authorities didn't want to tip people off that they were suspects. People who don't think they are being watched can give themselves away.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    So 'The Authorities' obviously don't tell everyone on the internet everything and so that is a conspiracy?

No, that is common sense and they will not be disclosing everything no matter how hard some stamp their feet.

Talk about internet tantrums.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the three men have been charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and making false statements...sky news report

http://news.sky.com/story/1085626/boston-bombing-three-new-suspects-in-custody
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people arrested werent "In on it" merely acted stupidly in throwing away items from his dorm before police got there.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    egghead1 wrote: »
    The people arrested werent "In on it" merely acted stupidly in throwing away items from his dorm before police got there.

yeah suuuuuure
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Discussion on Anderson Cooper this morning that it may be much more serious than it initially seems, as it seems they pretty much must have known the Tsarnaevs were involved by the time they were deciding to throw the items away, but if they'd instead informed the authorities, the policeman may not have been killed, another seriously injured & Tamerlan Tsarnaev may have been captured alive. There were also questions as to how they knew Vaseline was used to make the bomb.
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Discussion on Anderson Cooper this morning that it may be much more serious than it initially seems, as it seems they pretty much must have known the Tsarnaevs were involved by the time they were deciding to throw the items away, but if they'd instead informed the authorities, the policeman may not have been killed, another seriously injured & Tamerlan Tsarnaev may have been captured alive. There were also questions as to how they knew Vaseline was used to make the bomb.

I don't understand why the friends did it at all. Dhzokhar was back in his dorm room and going about life as normal AFTER the bombings. He had plenty of time to dspose of his own 'evidence' before he left. Since he chose not to..I dont see why the friends would take it upon themselves to do it.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Ugh. This crazy bitch.... Would be funny if the situation she was talking about wasn't so horrific.

http://huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/stella-tremblay-jeff-bauman_n_3196131.html
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Ugh. This crazy bitch.... Would be funny if the situation she was talking about wasn't so horrific.

Are there more crazy CTers these days or are they just louder? I mean I was looking up the Equinox theme on Youtube and the video I found was full of crazy free energy CTers.

I think there needs to be a serious investigation about apparent declining mental health in the world.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Are there more crazy CTers these days or are they just louder? I mean I was looking up the Equinox theme on Youtube and the video I found was full of crazy free energy CTers.

I think there needs to be a serious investigation about apparent declining mental health in the world.

Probably louder. One hopes louder.
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Absolutely mental. Big injuries dont necessarily = pain like some seem to think. Most likely his body would have been producing masses of adrenaline and his injuries would have been quite 'numb'. I know when I cut myself badly at work few years back, I didnt even know about it until I saw blood on the floor.and I didnt feel it at ALL until the next day. Had stitches and everything, didnt feel a bloody thing.
    She said photos of the bombing showed intact backpacks, which she said should have been destroyed if they contained bombs.

This bit though, mixed among the crazyness..I was wondering about that myself. The bag we are shown has no sign of singeing or anything. Now, I am certainly no expert in bombs (and I am certainly not saying theres a big conspiracy going on) but you would imagine a backpack like that would be pretty much melted, and at the very least show signs of burning. I wonder if that was actually an official image of the bag they say contained the bomb, or if it was just something picked up by the press...
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bag we are shown has no sign of singeing or anything. Now, I am certainly no expert in bombs (and I am certainly not saying theres a big conspiracy going on) but you would imagine a backpack like that would be pretty much melted, and at the very least show signs of burning. I wonder if that was actually an official image of the bag they say contained the bomb, or if it was just something picked up by the press...
    I think the force of the blast would simply propel it to a great height or distance, remember the actual pressure cooker lid was on the top of a building.
    Forum Member
    The bag we are shown has no sign of singeing or anything. Now, I am certainly no expert in bombs (and I am certainly not saying theres a big conspiracy going on) but you would imagine a backpack like that would be pretty much melted, and at the very least show signs of burning. I wonder if that was actually an official image of the bag they say contained the bomb, or if it was just something picked up by the press...

Basically a bomb explodes, it doesn't burn. To put it another way, it's a very very quick blast of massive pressure and whilst there is a flash for milliseconds only there is no slow burn. Therefore the bag isn't exposed to anything long enough to catch fire. (You could put a lighter against a bag very quickly and it wouldn't be long enough to catch fire.

The main part of the bomb is the blast/pressure. it's that that does the damage. (Even more so when the blast also contains ball barings and nails)

(I have left out the difference between a high explosive and a slow explosive contained in a pressure cooker due to not wanting to add that sort of detail)
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    I think the force of the blast would simply propel it to a great height or distance, remember the actual pressure cooker lid was on the top of a building.

The blast would also tend to blow out any fire as they use explosives to blow out the fire on a out of control burning oil pipeline.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely mental. Big injuries dont necessarily = pain like some seem to think. Most likely his body would have been producing masses of adrenaline and his injuries would have been quite 'numb'. I know when I cut myself badly at work few years back, I didnt even know about it until I saw blood on the floor.and I didnt feel it at ALL until the next day. Had stitches and everything, didnt feel a bloody thing.

This bit though, mixed among the crazyness..I was wondering about that myself. The bag we are shown has no sign of singeing or anything. Now, I am certainly no expert in bombs (and I am certainly not saying theres a big conspiracy going on) but you would imagine a backpack like that would be pretty much melted, and at the very least show signs of burning. I wonder if that was actually an official image of the bag they say contained the bomb, or if it was just something picked up by the press...

This CT has not been on mainstream news channels though, not even Fox. This is a wild theory, that millions of Americans would be set up to grieve and be terrified over a drill with actors.

That means no one in Boston would know any of the actual victims or know any of the families of the victims, or know them as co-workers, and no one would figure this out. And this was over the price of gold?
  • SOHCAHTOA88SOHCAHTOA88 Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    This CT has not been on mainstream news channels though, not even Fox. This is a wild theory, that millions of Americans would be set up to grieve and be terrified over a drill with actors.

That means no one in Boston would know any of the actual victims or know any of the families of the victims, or know them as co-workers, and no one would figure this out. And this was over the price of gold?

Wierd isn't it. On one hand governments are thought of as incompetent and ineffective and on the other they are considered to have the wherewithal to orchestrate such a scheme and keep all concerned in line. Not to mention having the balls of King Kong - another Woodward and Bernstein type expose and their disgrace would be unlimited.
    It's a journalists wet dream to bring down a government.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NBC news reporting on Twitter that man killed today in Orlando and Tsarnev(sp?) were responsible for triple murder in 2011!!
    JUST IN: Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev and man killed by FBI in Orlando responsible for 2011 triple homicide, sources say
    Tsarnaev and Ibragim Todashev murdered three people in drug rip-off in Waltham, Mass. to avoid being identified,

Plot thickens.
    Forum Member
    NBC news reporting on Twitter that man killed today in Orlando and Tsarnev(sp?) were responsible for triple murder in 2011!!

Plot thickens.

Seems that these people were not as sweet and innocent as their mother the shoplifter made out.

Who knew?
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plot thickens.
    Might explain why he was upset with the FBI agent.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Might explain why he was upset with the FBI agent.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fbi-man-fatally-shot-boston-bombing-probe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    They've just released these images giving an insight into the life of Tamerlan Tsarnaev,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwb8lee88g&feature=youtu.be

His brother is currently awaiting trial charged with using weapon of mass destruction