Options

Baby Flushed Down Toilet Rescued Alive

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
Forum Member
A couple in Jinhua, China, became alarmed when they heard cries coming from the pipes in their apartment, discovering that a newborn baby had been flushed down the toilet and become stuck in one of the pipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTH_BuhAd0Q

This is just truly astonishing! Why would anyone do this!

Comments

• Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Possibly because it was a second child and the parents would have been punished for it.

Still a bloody awful thing to do to save your own skin though!
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard reports that it was an accident. The mother gave birth over the toilet quickly and the baby went down the toilet.

She was the one who raised the alarm.
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I have heard reports that it was an accident. The mother gave birth over the toilet quickly and the baby went down the toilet.

She was the one who raised the alarm.
    I read the same thing.

http://news.sky.com/story/1096387/baby-healthy-after-china-toilet-pipe-rescue
  • Options
    James RalstonJames Ralston Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    China is one of the most heartless nations on this planet. Children will be beaten, run over, abused, and no-one will do anything :(

And to think they have nukes...
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For someone to do this, China must be very intimidating/harsh when it comes to its number of children policy. If the male was wearing a condom, this can only be classed as an accident, surely?
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It's how they select future Olympic swimmers in China. I'm sure the Randians (we have a few of them cluttering the place up) would approve of this example of survival of the fittest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭