Options

Please Ds

BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
Forum Member
Dear DS
Is it possible that you could introduce a Religions forum please? General Discussion and Politics seem to be littered with thread after thread based around religion and so for the sanity of posters who do not wish to be bombarded with the subject perhaps a specific area for those who wish to indulge in this could go and have their never ending rambles.
Thanks very much if this could be done although I do understand that the poor sod who gets that particular board to moderate is in for a tough time:)

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Dear DS
    Is it possible that you could introduce a Religions forum please? General Discussion and Politics seem to be littered with thread after thread based around religion and so for the sanity of posters who do not wish to be bombarded with the subject perhaps a specific area for those who wish to indulge in this could go and have their never ending rambles.
    Thanks very much if this could be done although I do understand that the poor sod who gets that particular board to moderate is in for a tough time:)
    Haha :D Ain't that the truth :D

I agree with you though, not just because of the heightened discussions currently in play, there are people that have enjoyed discussing religion in more general terms or with regard to different topics in the past, it'd probably be more widely used than the Movies section is, and that remains in existence!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Good idea - and I don't know why DS haven't done so already.

There is a Comics forum, and hardly anything moves on there, but it's there anyway! I'm sure religion would be far more active.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Religious people should post in the TV Shows forum(.Cult Sci-Fi and Fantasy).
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    This is a MEDIA website: That includes comics.

However it doesn't include religion which is just another general discussion, so that it why it is here.

Personally no one should be allowed to promote religious nonsense unless they supply concrete evidence to back up their bogus claims. That will sort out them problem for all time.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear DS

BIB - Exaggerating, much.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There would be a constant debate about which threads in gd were "religious" as religion is playing such a big part in current affairs. I think it might as well stay here to save the Mods having to deal with that issue. After all, there are other definitely not religious threads on gd, or those where it is a periphery issue, plus huge sections of DS where religion plays no part.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "This should be in religion" would make a nice change from "This should be in chatter".
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    There would be a constant debate about which threads in gd were "religious" as religion is playing such a big part in current affairs. I think it might as well stay here to save the Mods having to deal with that issue. After all, there are other definitely not religious threads on gd, or those where it is a periphery issue, plus huge sections of DS where religion plays no part.

OK try this one How about any thread that has Muslim or Islam in the title goes into a Religion forum? Enough of them to justify their own forum
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK try this one How about any thread that has Muslim or Islam in the title goes into a Religion forum? Enough of them to justify their own forum

Have just looked on the front page and there is none at all.

Edited to add: perhaps there should be a forum for threads like yours called 'DS Suggestions'
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This is a MEDIA website: That includes comics.

However it doesn't include religion which is just another general discussion, so that it why it is here.

Personally no one should be allowed to promote religious nonsense unless they supply concrete evidence to back up their bogus claims. That will sort out them problem for all time.

I'd like to know what is media led on anything on Chatter, on the 'Count to a million' thread for example?
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Please Ds

Nope. No changes or censorship to Digital Spy just because the of coverage of the terrorist atrocities committed in Paris in these forums.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    Have just looked on the front page and there is none at all.

Edited to add: perhaps there should be a forum for threads like yours called 'DS Suggestions'

There was, back in the day (as the young people say).
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know what is media led on anything on Chatter, on the 'Count to a million' thread for example?

I mean that generally this is a media website, but of course people want to talk about general things as well and so that is why they have a general discussion forum for everything else that isn't media related.

Chatter is a sub-forum to general discussion and for the mindset who think Twitter is wonderful. "'Count to a million'" thread is actually a test to see if anyone in Chatter can count over 10 without taking their shoes off. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear DS

If you don't like them don't read the bloody things, it's not that difficult.
  • Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear DS

Follow follow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Can we have a hyperbole forum instead? You can kick it off by moving this thread into it,
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    If you don't like them don't read the bloody things, it's not that difficult.

:confused: Perhaps they don't know how to scroll. They don't seem to know much of anything.
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst you're at it mods, a specific motoring thread would be nice!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it won't ever happen, even though it's been asked for multiple times. I remember one point last year where a quarter of all threads on the first page of GD were about religion so if that wasn't enough for a religion sub-forum, nothing will be.

I can understand the mods not wanting the extra work, but i'd certainly be interested to know why we couldn't even at least have a trial run ?

You'll invariably get the anti-religion club whining that it's "censorship", which it isn't, but they're easily ignored.

Could certainly make GD more easy going if the atheists were allowed their own special play area ..
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mods response last time this was requested.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72144799&postcount=36
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect a religion forum would be full of people who have no religion.

So might as well leave it here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadly, it won't ever happen, even though it's been asked for multiple times. I remember one point last year where a quarter of all threads on the first page of GD were about religion so if that wasn't enough for a religion sub-forum, nothing will be.

I can understand the mods not wanting the extra work, but i'd certainly be interested to know why we couldn't even at least have a trial run ?.

GD embraces the essence of multiculturalism. Why would you want to introduce segregation? Are you a UKIP voter?
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is vBlletin software isn't it?
    Ignore Thread: Allow Users to Ignore Threads of Their Choosing

As originally described, this hack adds an "Ignore Thread" option to the thread tools menu and generates a list of threads you have ignored in your UserCP. Basically it allows your users to ignore threads of their choosing, preventing said threads from showing up in forumbit, forumdisplay, and search results.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127487

I don't know if this works, or could work as an alternative to a religious subforum, but it could help with a lot of these sort of issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mudbox wrote: »
    This forum is vBlletin software isn't it?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127487

I don't know if this works, or could work as an alternative to a religious subforum, but it could help with a lot of these sort of issues.

Or you could just get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GD embraces the essence of multiculturalism. Why would you want to introduce segregation? Are you a UKIP voter?

Heh, not at all. Although, rather randomly, whenever the news feature Farage at the moment it's often the clip of him turning up for a personal appearance just across the road from where I used to live, which is about 10 minutes up the road from where I currently live.

I created a religious sub-forum on the old forum i used to run for the very same reasons and had all the same complaints that the mods would likely get here but it ended up working perfectly well.
    Mudbox wrote: »

It's a good idea, but i can't imagine the mods would be in a position to add hacks to the forum software.