Options

NTA's Predict the winners!

Comments

• Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I'd love Emmerdale to be crowned champions as best serial drama, but I doubt it will. I think Eastenders will win the title this time around.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Graham Norton wins

I hope The Jeremy Kyle show wins it has been on for 10 years and deserves to win this year over this morning
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozboz3 wrote: »
    If the phone vote tomorrow is for best serial drama then do you think that Corrie may get extra votes because of Anne Kirkbride's recent passing?

I don't mean to sound disrespectful btw

Agree. Also without being disrespectful - there will be a lot of Corrie nostalgia affection tomorrow.

We don't know how popular the phone voting is though or how many votes have already been cast.

They just should never have any live voting.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Kellie Bright more than deserves to win after tonight's performance, but how many would have watched it given the clash. :(
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I have just had a PM asking me to take part in multivoting for Eastenders as apparently "the hollyoaks fans are doing it".

Do people not realise that multi voting actually makes a mockery of the whole thing? It's simply pointless. At the end of the day the award means nothing, it won't change anything.

I really wish they would do away with these awards simply because they cause so much animosity between the members on here.

I say scrap the awards and instead have an evening filled with the best bits of soap the previous year instead. That way the stars still get to wear their frocks, we get to watch clips of all the soaps and it would hopefully put a stop to the pettiness on here.
    That's how they won at the BSA's
    4 other soaps that were nominated all have more ratings. 2 of those soaps are two of the biggest shows on TV.

Hollyoaks could only win due to Multivoting. They might have won but it didn't get them noticed more. The Viewing figures didn't rise but infact fell.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Hopefully EE will win all the awards. :D
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Graham Norton wins

I want Alan Carr :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the phone vote happens tomorrow some of us need to phone up and vote
    You can phone vote now too.

Call 0901 888 2015
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Eastenders will sweep the awards as they had the better year
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want Alan Carr :D

:D:D

His voice annoys me
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,317
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    That's how they won at the BSA's
    4 other soaps that were nominated all have more ratings. 2 of those soaps are two of the biggest shows on TV.

Hollyoaks could only win due to Multivoting. They might have won but it didn't get them noticed more. The Viewing figures didn't rise but infact fell.

Thats exactly my point, hollyoaks won but they gained nothing from it. None holluoaks viewers werent tempted to tune in. Multiple voting and the awards themselves are totally pointless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Thats exactly my point, hollyoaks won but they gained nothing from it. None holluoaks viewers werent tempted to tune in. Multiple voting and the awards themselves are totally pointless
    Channel 4 are showing trailers about Voting for Hollyoaks again too.

The BBC haven't even made a brief mention after EastEnders let alone trailers.
    I've not heard anything from Emmerdale either.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serial Drama - EastEnders
    Serial Drama Peformance - Danny Dyer
    Best Newcomer - Maddy Hill

Also, I hope Game of Thrones wins multichannel or whatever it's called
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who thinks Corrie will win (undeservedly) due to Anne Kirkbirde's death. I imagine if they do win they will dedicate it to her.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope The Jeremy Kyle show wins it has been on for 10 years and deserves to win this year over this morning

Sorry MG but I disagree. I loathe Jeremy Kyle and the show is nothing but an exploitative bear baiting contest
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Best Serial Drama - EE
    Best Serial Performance - Kellie Bright
    Best Newcomer - Maddie Hill

That's my prediction, and will win

Yup, that's how I voted too :)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Another one who thinks Corrie will win (undeservedly) due to Anne Kirkbirde's death. I imagine if they do win they will dedicate it to her.

I agree. I really don't want to sound disrespectful but Anne Kirkbride's unfortunate passing, should not be an excuse to vote IMO.
  • Options
    freya1980freya1980 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    As long as michael parr wins ,thats all !!
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie Bright, Michael Parr and Eastenders
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pendulum is swinging in Corrie's favour though imo Eastenders deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I agree. I really don't want to sound disrespectful but Anne Kirkbride's unfortunate passing, should not be an excuse to vote IMO.

That's what I think as well.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be interesting to see who the Corrie vote goes to. Last year there were 2 up for BDP and they still won. This year there are none so who will they vote for instead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see who the Corrie vote goes to. Last year there were 2 up for BDP and they still won. This year there are none so who will they vote for instead?

In 2011 Easteders had to up for BSDP and they won and I think Coronation Street had two up in 2013 as well and they still won.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be an interesting night tomorrow.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Seems like it is going to be a close one. EastEnders have obviously had a lot of support in recent months, Hollyoaks have an avid fanbase and Corrie could have a late surge. It will be interesting.