Asking for passport details on websites?

Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
Forum Member
I booked flights today for London from Dublin (a holiday with my mum and 2 brothers) with Ryanair. Everything was OK and they are booked, but I was wondering why they don't ask for passport details while you are booking the flights. I know you do the online check in 2 weeks before the flight and they get the details then, but my dad is going to England to work next Sunday and he won't have 2 weeks to wait to put in his passport details. I think I have to book his ticket tomorrow. So my question is, how is it going to work for his ticket? Will the website get his passport details when I book the ticket or will it still come up about waiting 2 weeks?

Sorry for the long post. I hope you can understand it.

Comments

• CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    I am not sure that I understand what is the problem. If you are doing the booking why cannot you ask for the passport details of the various people for whom you are booking and then provide them at the appropriate point in the process.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the issue about what to do if you book the flight less than 2 weeks before you go?
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Cruachan wrote: »
    I am not sure that I understand what is the problem. If you are doing the booking why cannot you ask for the passport details of the various people for whom you are booking and then provide them at the appropriate point in the process.

No it's about the website not asking for passport details, but it's sorted now.

The mods can lock/delete this.
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    No it's about the website not asking for passport details, but it's sorted now.

The mods can lock/delete this.

I'm pleased it's sorted - but if you want the mods to take action, you will need to ask directly. I doubt very much if they will stumble across the request in your post.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Ok...
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well someone will stumble upon this thread, so it's just politeness to give the solution if found.
This discussion has been closed.