Options

Tia Sharp: Stuart Hazell Pleads Guilty

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Actually - I'm bowing out now.

Just seems that this has become a thread to criticise the 'poor parenting'. I don't condone the lifestyle choice of this family at all. I do however have a great deal of sympathy in that they've lost a much loved child in horrendous circumstances. No doubt about it that Hazell was a filthy, disgusting brute - he was the one who assaulted Tia - he was the one who murdered Tia.

All this blaming her family and ....it serves them right makes me feel sick.

Is anyone saying it serves them right?
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    You can't blame the family.

Hazell was known to them for almost a decade, and Tia was comfortable around him. They didn't leave her with him against her will or anything like that. They weren't to know what was going to happen.

I find it uncomfortable reading comments suggesting it was down to the family. It was down to one person - Stuart Hazell.

It seems to be part and parcel of this forum. Blame the parents/family. No matter what the circumstances some people will find something to criticise them for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seems to be part and parcel of this forum. Blame the parents/family. No matter what the circumstances some people will find something to criticise them for.

and some think that parents are never to blame whatever the circumstances.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and some think that parents are never to blame whatever the circumstances.

I have no doubt as an imperfect family, highlighted by this tragedy they will get a public kicking.
    Fortunately all of the rest of us who are far from perfect can have a damn good snigger at them, and feel smug and superior.
    They are getting blamed for a heinous crime for which they are utterly innocent.
    Start a thread about their blame in this crime. I would be interested in your arguments.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Definitely.

It's easy to be an outsider and cast judgement on people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I have no doubt as an imperfect family, highlighted by this tragedy they will get a public kicking.
    Fortunately all of the rest of us who are far from perfect can have a damn good snigger at them, and feel smug and superior.
    They are getting blamed for a heinous crime for which they are utterly innocent.
    Start a thread about their blame in this crime. I would be interested in your arguments.

I am not 'blaming them' for this crime. I am wondering why you would allow a young girl to be in the company of such a man with such a vile reputation albeit not for sex crimes.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone saying it serves them right?

No I don't think anyone is, but the fact is that her mother was feckless, like it or not. She will be in agonies over what happened to Tia, and her being murdered was not her fault. However the fact remains that she could not provide a stable, supportive home for her - or the other two kids she had with the latest Step-whatever. She smoked weed and crack from what I have read, and had two other children with her exposed to the feckless Jeremy Kyle benefits lifestyle. Not a suitable home environment. If Tia preferred staying with that evil Hazell, it is really saying something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not 'blaming them' for this crime. I am wondering why you would allow a young girl to be in the company of such a man with such a vile reputation albeit not for sex crimes.

You could ask that of so many couples who drag their kids through the mire of their multiple relationships tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You could ask that of so many couples who drag their kids through the mire of their multiple relationships tho.

Oh yes, we need to learn to put our children first but that's never going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, we need to learn to put our children first but that's never going to happen.

Why do you think that?
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's glorifying them. All they are are stupid chavs to drink and take drugs with and s**g
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    I watched the grandmother being interviewed today and I have changed my mind about her. I honestly think she had no idea what her partner was. I did think how can she not realize that this young guy is not interested in her but she couldn't see what perhaps an outsider might have seen.

Young guy? :eek: He looks like an old man, and an ugly one at that. I don't know exactly what ages they are, but to me he doesn't look noticeably younger than her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do you think that?

Because I do, I would never put any man or woman before my children unless they had done something really bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's glorifying them. All they are are stupid chavs to drink and take drugs with and s**g

Yep, they seem to operate on very base levels, completely lacking in implulse control.

I feel awfully sorry for all the kids they churn out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I do, I would never put any man or woman before my children unless they had done something really bad.

And I agree. Someone I know has a son who has been roped into her relationships and has had to call 8 men Dad..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Where are these reports of Tia sleeping on the sofa at her mum's house? Links?

And was it a 2 or 3 bedroom house? Did the boys get a room each or one between them, in other words?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    And I agree. Someone I know has a son who has been roped into her relationships and has had to call 8 men Dad..

Ugh. Just awful.
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, they seem to operate on very base levels, completely lacking in implulse control.

I feel awfully sorry for all the kids they churn out.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how any of them (not just this 'family') could begin to work out their family trees, with so many so-called partners and step-fathers/mothers/grandparents, etc., etc. and not a true 'step' anything being legally involved - not to mention all the various children being born within these messed up relationships.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. Just awful.

She is a lawyer. Not scum, not low life, she is a woman who has had a series of unfortunate relationships. Allegedly .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »

I feel awfully sorry for all the kids they churn out.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how any of them (not just this 'family') could begin to work out their family trees, with so many so-called partners and step-fathers/mothers/grandparents, etc., etc. and not a true 'step' anything being legally involved - not to mention all the various children being born within these messed up relationships.

God only knows. It would have to be an incredibly gnarled ancient old tree to accomodate all those twisted branches.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    No I don't think anyone is, but the fact is that her mother was feckless, like it or not. She will be in agonies over what happened to Tia, and her being murdered was not her fault. However the fact remains that she could not provide a stable, supportive home for her - or the other two kids she had with the latest Step-whatever. She smoked weed and crack from what I have read, and had two other children with her exposed to the feckless Jeremy Kyle benefits lifestyle. Not a suitable home environment. If Tia preferred staying with that evil Hazell, it is really saying something.

I agree with you. So many People today nver take responsible for their Actions. The fact is Tia's mother was into drugs, had two more children and Tia was not comfortable with her mother and often went to her Grandmother's home. Teenagers are not easy to live with and I am sure there was the normal friction between Teens and mums but I too have read that Social Services were involved with the Family BEFORE Tia went missing due to their violent fights and drug taking!! As far as the Grandmother is concerned she seemed to be desperat3e for a Partner to the extent she actually started a relationship with an ex-boyfriend of her daughter! He did not work, had various clashes with the Police where ended up wht him severving time for violence and drugs yet Tia's grandmother did not think twice about moving in with him a WEEK AFTER their relationshp started. It seems poor Tia never had a Chance, there were so many factors working against her.

I strongly doubt that anyone in this Family will learn anything! No doubt the mother will now get even more involved in the drug world using the death of her daughter as the reason. I hope Social Services are watching carefully what is Happening in that house.

I did not watch the This Morning interview because we get this time and time and time again. Feckless People blaming everyone else for the chaotic shambles of a life they lead. No doubt no blunt questions were asked during the interview!!

Tia was the victime here, tragically.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I agree with you. So many People today nver take responsible for their Actions. The fact is Tia's mother was into drugs, had two more children and Tia was not comfortable with her mother and often went to her Grandmother's home. Teenagers are not easy to live with and I am sure there was the normal friction between Teens and mums but I too have read that Social Services were involved with the Family BEFORE Tia went missing due to their violent fights and drug taking!! As far as the Grandmother is concerned she seemed to be desperat3e for a Partner to the extent she actually started a relationship with an ex-boyfriend of her daughter! He did not work, had various clashes with the Police where ended up wht him severving time for violence and drugs yet Tia's grandmother did not think twice about moving in with him a WEEK AFTER their relationshp started. It seems poor Tia never had a Chance, there were so many factors working against her.

I strongly doubt that anyone in this Family will learn anything! No doubt the mother will now get even more involved in the drug world using the death of her daughter as the reason. I hope Social Services are watching carefully what is Happening in that house.

I did not watch the This Morning interview because we get this time and time and time again. Feckless People blaming everyone else for the chaotic shambles of a life they lead. No doubt no blunt questions were asked during the interview!!

Perhaps it might be an idea to watch the programmes you've mentioned that you avoid. More chance then of you gaining a better understanding and getting your facts right.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Erm...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he worked as a window cleaner? Could be wrong though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now you're just being silly

No one was asking him to babysit - he was part of their lives - he had been for seven years. He was her step grandfather not some random guy up the road. Yes he smoked dope and had served time for violent offences but ...........to all intents and purposes he was a loving grandfather.

The Facts is the grandmum knew he had been in prison for violent behaviour AND drugs, she admitted when he drank he was nasty and violent and yet she knew he drank alcohol and took drugs "in front of the grandkids" to Quote her comments to the media. Sorry, I cannot accept that her behaviour was normal!l. She was 12!! He was sexually attracted to Tia, took Pictures of her and the grandmum never NOTICED??? Even when he was drunk he never gave any indication that he was attractive to Tia although the grandmother now says their own sex life was non-existant!!!!! Bizarre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it might be an idea to watch the programmes you've mentioned that you avoid. More chance then of you gaining a better understanding and getting your facts right.

Can you Point out what was so wrong in my post? Sorry everything I have is from the media. I have no personal contact with the Family (Thank God)!! I am just tired of the awful feckless so-called families on TV avoiding responsibility of any Kind when something tragic happens. Karen Matthews was blameless too when her daughter "disappeared" and we were all criticised when we mentioned her choatic Lifestyle, various Partners, Kids from various fathers etc etc etc.