Amanda Holden tragedy NOTW

Comments

• SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    It is without a doubt. I lost twin boys at a similar time to AH and although it is many years down the line the memory is still vivid.

Some people don't seem to be aware that you have to go through a proper birth (in my case once then all over again) and that afterwards your body still goes into milk mode etc.

Poor Amanda, I so feel for her and her hubby. Also for her little daughter who will have to be told. I had a small son and he was very excited about having brothers/sisters.

Oh my, that's terrible. So sorry for your loss.
  • Phoebe34Phoebe34 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Such sad news:(:(
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Horrible at any time, but seven months is just awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont like Amanda holden.

But i feel terrible for her :(
  • TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    This is so so awful. Thoughts are with her and her family. :(
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, what a tragic thing for her and the family. So sad and such a painful heart rendering thing to happen. :(
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible horrible news :(
  • granny smithgranny smith Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    OMG even NOTW wouldn't make that up surely. She was only in the paper the other day complete with bump. How sad Wonder what happened, thought baby would be able to survive at 7 months these days :(:(

She went to the hospital because she hadn't felt the baby move, she would have had to give birth to her stillborn son.
    My heart goes out to them at this very sad time :(
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To lose a baby at any term of the pregnancy is bad enough, but 7 months ?? that is awful....i really feel for her and her partner :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted for her and Chris :(. To lose a baby at 7 months must be absolutely devastating, especially after she waited so long to announce it. Also their wee girl would have been looking forward to having a baby brother. :( x
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a crying shame :cry:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda mentioned how excited wee Lexi was about the pregnancy. :'( RIP Baby Hughes/Holden
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Baby boy Holden xx
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So truly sorry to hear this. There can be few things worse in the world than this.

RIP baby. Forever loved. x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    :(

Awful news. My heart goes out to Amanda and her family.

I lost a baby over ten years ago, and similar to what Hotgossip said, the memory is still strong.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. I can't even imagine how that would feel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Very sad news. Our thoughts are with her...
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may sound silly but i'm only 20 and am wanting to have my first baby, but reading stuff like this makes me have second thoughts, i'd never want to go through what Amanda has..is that stupid?
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When a celebrity has a stillbirth/miscarriage and gets pregnant again - I almost wish that they could drop of the radar for their own peace of mind. I know AH had contractual obligations with BGT but it is so sad she couldn't have the luxury of 9 months off the tv.

When Lily Allen went public with her new pregnancy after her 1st miscarriage/stillbirth I was willing her to just keep quiet and then sadly the worse happened

Having a miscarriage/stillborn must be the worse feeling ever as the parents never get to hold their baby alive even just once.

Many condolences.

To the poster above sadly miscarriages are not rare (up to 20 weeks) - as many as 1 in 5 according to US medical data

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/miscarriage-statistics.htm

stillbirth (after 20 weeks) is quite uncommon - US figures show around 1 in 200 babies are still born.

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/stillbirth.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Absolutely devastating news. I'm so sorry for Amanda and Chris and little Lexi. I lost a baby 4 years ago and it's not something you ever get over, you just learn to live with it.

Another baby has got it's angel wings. RIP baby Holden xx
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Tragic news My heart goes out to Amanda & Chris :(
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awful for her :( Especially following a previous miscarriage, I wonder if it's because of her age, she is 39, I think the risk goes up significantly? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Such a shame. When I heard on 60 seconds on BBC3, I went all quiet, and that's not often. My thoughts are with her and her husband :(
  • eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad my heart goers out to Amanda, Chris and Lexi.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,345
    Forum Member
    Awful news. And she left it a good while to it announce too. She has been open about the reasons for delaying the news too, with a previous miscarriage and it can only be a couple of weeks ago she said how devastated she was for Lily Allen in an interview and was talking about her own loss.

There was a picture of her in a magazine this week clasping her bump - BGT is going to be difficult to air because she will be visablly pregnant at the audition stages and then she is obviously going to be absent if they are still filming.

She must be devastated, my thoughts go to her and her husband.