Options

Would you vote for Russell Brand as London Mayor?

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Russell Brand is NOTHING like Billy Connolly!

Not even Brand himself is deluded enough to think that he deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Billy.

I bet they'd have a right laugh together.They both make me cry with laughter and that's enough for me.:D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather vote for Jeffrey Dahmer and the cannibalistic serial killer has been dead for almost 20 years.

But he would still do a far better job than that pretentious knob Brand.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Russ I would. I definitely would ;-)

Also yeah course I'd vote for him, I think he could be the best thing to happen to this country for awhile. Sad how the media have turned on him in their snobbery and fear. He talks a lot of sense
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I'd vote for the statue of Nelson over Boris.

Was fantastic to see him (Boris) put on the spot last night about his dodgy land deals with China.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might as well vote for Bono or anyone of TOWIE.
    The Sleb Lord Mayor's Got Talent X Factor show
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    I'd rather vote Kim Jong Un.

Seconded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »
    Oh Russ I would. I definitely would ;-)

Also yeah course I'd vote for him, I think he could be the best thing to happen to this country for awhile. Sad how the media have turned on him in their snobbery and fear. He talks a lot of sense

He talks utter bullshit.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good thing about him, he loves his Mum.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A real human being with life experience involved in politics rather than the same upper class robots who I can't even tell apart from each other?

Won't happen for a while unfortunately
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    He talks utter bullshit.

I don't think he does... People say he uses pretentious language to make his simplistic ideas seem intelligent. I think he's the opposite, a genius. What he is actually saying is idealistic but spot on. His lack of confidence causes him to try and make himself sound simple and he uses florid language references and analogies to get his point across to a wider audience. To add humour and colour to what he is saying.

People need to listen to him with amore open mind. The hate and ridicule he gets really really saddens me. Almost reminds me of how Jesus was treated in his day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    cultureman wrote: »
    To succeed Boris Johnson and assuming you were eligible to vote of course. He is rumoured to be considering standing.

I would.:)

...after his nonsensical inane political rant...then,the answer would have to be no...
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie Izzard would be a far, far better candidate for London Mayor and would also probably taken the job seriously as well while injecting his own style of humour along the way.

I think he's also intelligent enough to have an idea of what he'd want to do with various things whereas Russell would most likely have a team of advisors and most likely be no more than the public face of that team.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he does... People say he uses pretentious language to make his simplistic ideas seem intelligent. I think he's the opposite, a genius. What he is actually saying is idealistic but spot on. His lack of confidence causes him to try and make himself sound simple and he uses florid language references and analogies to get his point across to a wider audience. To add humour and colour to what he is saying.

People need to listen to him with amore open mind. The hate and ridicule he gets really really saddens me. Almost reminds me of how Jesus was treated in his day.

'a genius' 'Jesus'

:-D :-D
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Eddie Izzard would be a far, far better candidate for London Mayor and would also probably taken the job seriously as well while injecting his own style of humour along the way.

I think he's also intelligent enough to have an idea of what he'd want to do with various things whereas Russell would most likely have a team of advisors and most likely be no more than the public face of that team.

If we're getting into picking a random comedian to be mayor, there's a few who'd be like that. But I don't disagree with your assessment. Izzard would be ok. Brand, I don't think so. He's a loose cannon.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    If we're getting into picking a random comedian to be mayor, there's a few who'd be like that. But I don't disagree with your assessment. Izzard would be ok. Brand, I don't think so. He's a loose cannon.

I didn't randomly choose Eddie Izzard - he's actually confirmed he will be running in 2020.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/eddie-izzard-confirms-london-mayor-2297692
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Joke thread?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't even vote for Russell Brand as being my favourite person who's name contains the words "Russell" and "Brand".
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advantage of Brand's campaign trail is that the opposition won't be able to sully his name with any dirt they dig up, because his womanising drug-addiction days are well documented.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To succeed Boris Johnson and assuming you were eligible to vote of course. He is rumoured to be considering standing.

Why'd you have to put that caveat in?

Was going to say yes so I could laugh at London from afar.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

TBH if I believed in him enough to vote for him I would believe enough to follow his advice on voting ie "Don't bother".

So no.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH if I believed in him enough to vote for him I would believe enough to follow his advice on voting ie "Don't bother".

So no.

He said don't vote while there isn't anybody worth voting for. Presumably if he ran for mayor (he has said he isn't going to) then he would see himself as the person worth voting for
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're getting confused with his hairstyle.

Yeah - it's all very seductive, the way he rallies against capitalism whilst taking full advantage of it. He is a 100% paid up member of the cretin club.

It's all very impressive until he asks what he would do to replace the system he so despises, at which point he dries up completely.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even vote for him as village idiot.