Sinus Pain :'(

2»

Comments

• GinaGoldGinaGold Posts: 14,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As one who constantly gets sinus infections I now am using a salt water nose wash from the chemist. You need to wash your sinuses out with this 3 times a day and the salt will get rid of any infection. Much better than anti biotics. You can take anti histamine as well for a few days to keep the inflamation down.

The brand in the UK is something like Steramine or similar, sorry only know the Spanish brand. Cant reccommend it enough. So forget anit bs forget this steam in your face thing, wash the infection away with the salt water. It´s a magic solution :):)
    I've used Sterimar as well and it's quite good.

I also use Mucron tablets if my sinuses gets bad and that clears things up quickly.
  • ericabericab Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my first sinus op about 18 years ago, which was basically a sinus wash that didn't really work.

I began to get the excrutiating headaches etc a few years afterwards and after various types of treatment, was referred for another op.

This time, they shaved some of the septum as it was slightly out of shape, as well as the washout and made the drainage holes bigger and that's what worked.

The only problem that caused latterly was when I needed to have an op on a blocked tear duct in November 08, the scarring from the sinus ops are what had caused the tear duct to completely block on one side.

I have to say, the sinus op wasn't unpleasant, other than the usual general anaesthetic and some stitches, black eyes and a bit flu like symptoms for a few days but oh my, was it worth it as I rarely get problems now, just when I have a heavy head cold, which maybe once or twice a year.

I'm very glad I had it done.
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear, as a non-sufferer, how much you guys have to go through.

But tell me, can honey and cabbage on your head for a few nights really be much worse?