Prisoners Wives Series 2

Comments

• DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    They say you should always leave the audience wanting more and they've certainly succeeded with this. Can't believe it's all over. :cry:

Do we think Harriet was going away to make a fresh start somewhere, even though Gavin sent her the 'sorry' letter? And is she going with the vicar or is that all over?

It's all over with the vicar; he felt his relationship with her had been unethical and dumping her was part of God's plan, the sanctimonious pillock.

Liked the ending. Harriet gives up on whiny Gavin (yay!) and Mick is clearly rebuilding his marriage with Kim (yay!). Their tales are now clearly over.

I felt sorry for Lauren. Of all the characters, she and Francesca's dad are the two who've done nothing wrong, and she's been made to suffer for the sins of others. Hopefully she and her grandfather can now live safe and untroubled. I'd like to hope that Francesca's son's plea of self-defence succeeds; he's a bit of an a**e, but he didn't ask to be put in that situation and he doesn't deserve a life sentence for what he did. Nor does Aisling deserve to have to spend years visiting him in prison (though she was somewhat lucky not to be charged with perverting the course of justice; I thought the DCI's glare at her was an intimation to her that she could have been in serious trouble if the DCI hadn't decided to let it go). Maybe Francesca and Aisling's story could continue in another series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really exciting last episode! Hope it comes back.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A really good series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the last series and enjoyed this one too, I sure hope it gets a 3rd one! Although I think Harriet deserves a happy ending I kinda wish she didnt get it cos I love her and I'm guessing she won't be in the 3rd series now! Very good actress!

I like the way they ended it though suggesting Aisling would now become a "prisoners wife" although I did think they were goin to run off together, didn't it occur to them the police will come looking!

Fran could easily be in the next series or more realistically she should get in trouble for covering up Chris' murder!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Loved the last series and enjoyed this one too, I sure hope it gets a 3rd one! Although I think Harriet deserves a happy ending I kinda wish she didnt get it cos I love her and I'm guessing she won't be in the 3rd series now! Very good actress!

I like the way they ended it though suggesting Aisling would now become a "prisoners wife" although I did think they were goin to run off together, didn't it occur to them the police will come looking!

Fran could easily be in the next series or more realistically she should get in trouble for covering up Chris' murder!

Prisoners wives.. the next generation.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing, truly speechless...did they finally accept Gavin in to Islam then? I remember him being rejected and now it seems finally accepted...
    Please let there be a series 3....with Matt and Ash as main characters, maybe Franny and Paul too. This has got so much more mileage
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    I never watched the first series and really enjoyed this. But why did Matt not just stay and admit it was self defense :rolleyes:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I never watched the first series and really enjoyed this. But why did Matt not just stay and admit it was self defense :rolleyes:

Although this series featured some characters from the first, I almost forgot that this was a second series. It stood alone, which is not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to series 3 (assuming that there will be one)

As for your comment, perhaps he panicked and went blank? I did wonder the same though.
  • ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Amazing, truly speechless...did they finally accept Gavin in to Islam then? I remember him being rejected and now it seems finally accepted...
    Please let there be a series 3....with Matt and Ash as main characters, maybe Franny and Paul too. This has got so much more mileage
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!:

I agree. In much the same way Aisling and Kim were introduced to fill the voids left by Gemma and Lou, they could bring in new characters to replace Harriett (Who should go and be happy somewhere!) and Kim (Because they don't really have anywhere to go with that now he's out of prison, and it got an ending very much worthy of "closure".)

Aisling and Fran should remain, which would be very interesting, having Fran deal with a son and a husband inside and Aisling adjusting to being in that circle. I like the previous suggestion from someone of Aisling ending up pregnant.

Lauren's ordeal has potential to open up a more major plot for her in a new series. She's always been the most innocent of them, maybe it's time they let her rebel a bit. :p As for Fran's dad.... maybe kill him off? I know he's as innocent as Lauren, and people probably want him to be happy, but what more can they do with him, other than keep sending him round in circles?

So long as they don't turn it into a panto drama, I think it's one of those shows that could easily last a while. If they keep the set up of having 4 individual storylines, they can always replace 2 per series, just as they did this one.

Whatever happens, I really hope there's a 3rd series, hopefully a longer one. Those 4 weeks flew by. :(
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this series but not as much as the first.

My main question is what about Franny? She just gets off with everything?
    She admitted her knowledge of the turf war and the fact that she was in the car when that guy got shot obviously indicates that she was a player in her hubby's criminal empire, even if she did not know about the plan to murder that guy. She admitted as much to the DCI.
    Why wasn't she arrested and charged instead of going scot free?
    I don't get it!
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Self defence? he shot him from about 5'!! It was ludicrous anyway that he managed to wrestle the gun from a goon the size of King Kong.:rolleyes:
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Self defence? he shot him from about 5'!! It was ludicrous anyway that he managed to wrestle the gun from a goon the size of King Kong.:rolleyes:

Why didn't he 'claim' it was self defence, is what the other FM's are on about.
    As for why he didn't, well he's not a violent or practised villain, he's just shot some and panicked.

He wasn't the size of King kong, I've seen that actor in all sorts he's an average sized bloke, he didn't see smug sone as a real threat either.
    If he did see him as a threat, he'd have kept him well beyond arms length, so he couldn't do exactly what he did, grab the gun or attack him in some other way.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the final two episodes today. I didn't watch the first series but this has been gripping.

I think Kim and Mick's story has been concluded. Fran and Ash will definitely be back if there's a third series, to support Matthew, but Paul's had his day.

Harriet has tried her hardest with Gavin, at the cost of her own happiness, so I'm glad she's seen sense now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for why he didn't, well he's not a violent or practised villain, he's just shot some and panicked.

His sister was urging him to run too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »

She admitted her knowledge of the turf war and the fact that she was in the car when that guy got shot obviously indicates that she was a player in her hubby's criminal empire, even if she did not know about the plan to murder that guy. She admitted as much to the DCI.
    I don't get it!

Totally agree with this??? If there is another series I hope they clear this up!

Just another question, how old are Matt and Aisling supposed to be??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with this??? If there is another series I hope they clear this up!

Just another question, how old are Matt and Aisling supposed to be??

I would think they are about 18/19 which also means that Matt would not only not share a wing with convicted prisoners but would be in a Young Offenders Institute which all prisoners under 21 are held in .I do think we have to allow for a bit of licence with these things though.

I would hope for another series with Matt being eventuall;y cleared as he was in effect acting in self defence. It's not clear how much longer the father has to serve, I assume he is in for a long time though I'm not sure how long he has already served
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    When Harriet was standing outside at the very end, and we saw a shot of a For Sale sign, was that her house in the city, or was she in the Lakes - having bought a house there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question that's bugged me since the episode aired and I forgot to mention it in my previous post....

Are we to believe Lauren was raped?

When Matt was taken into the house she was being held in, the guy (Whose name I do not know....) said something along the lines of "Do you wanna watch?.... she's very playful" and I couldn't make out whether they were suggesting he could have already attacked her, or whether he was just threatening to do so.....

Or is it just something that was left open for our own interpretations?

I must miss the show already.... I'm overthinking!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I thought about that, too. I think he wanted to rape her, but the other guy wouldn't let him. It's just how the scene felt to me, so I could very well be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    When Harriet was standing outside at the very end, and we saw a shot of a For Sale sign, was that her house in the city, or was she in the Lakes - having bought a house there?

I think it was her house in the city.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question that's bugged me since the episode aired and I forgot to mention it in my previous post....

Are we to believe Lauren was raped?

When Matt was taken into the house she was being held in, the guy (Whose name I do not know....) said something along the lines of "Do you wanna watch?.... she's very playful" and I couldn't make out whether they were suggesting he could have already attacked her, or whether he was just threatening to do so.....

Or is it just something that was left open for our own interpretations?

I must miss the show already.... I'm overthinking!

I think that's up to us to interpret. I think the "she's very playful" was to make Matt think they'd already raped her, but whether they actually had or were just saying it to torment him is something for us to decide - unless a third series provides a definite answer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys! I wasn't sure what to make of it.
    I think that's up to us to interpret. I think the "she's very playful" was to make Matt think they'd already raped her, but whether they actually had or were just saying it to torment him is something for us to decide - unless a third series provides a definite answer.

Ohhh, potential storyline for Lauren if/when a new series comes around? It'd be interesting to see how she would deal with that. She's kind of been the one caught in the middle of everyone elses drama..... but that'd give her her own dramatic storyline. Francesca's been a main character since the first series and Matt dominated a lot of this one. Bringing Lauren to the forefront would be great for a new series. (See they surely HAVE to give us another series? :p)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »

I don't get it!

I despise Franny. She's clearly enjoyed all the luxuries her husband's criminal lifestyle has brought and chosen to turn a blind eye to it all and then when he needed her help she agreed which meant at least she was making an active choice rather than passively accepting whatever came her way and pleading ignorance when it suited.

Doing this though showed up front the danger this lifestyle was putting her family in particularly when she witnessed a killing and then not because of remorse for this or guilt but just through sheer cack handedness she messes it up and puts everyone in imminent danger.

I have more respect for her husband and son than her. At least they were willing to put their necks on the line and are taking the punishment.

Am i taking this too seriously :o she really, really irritates me :mad:

He wasn't the size of King kong, I've seen that actor in all sorts he's an average sized bloke, he didn't see smug sone as a real threat either.
    If he did see him as a threat, he'd have kept him well beyond arms length, so he couldn't do exactly what he did, grab the gun or attack him in some other way.

You say he's not a violent or practised villain but he basically shot someone because they dissed him. They were letting them go but because of pride he turned round and shot someone. It was quite interesting actually as it showed he truly is his father's son. If he gets away with self defence it will be an outrage as they were letting him go and he shot the guy anyway.

Kind of surprised people are saying they want this tbh :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys! I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Ohhh, potential storyline for Lauren if/when a new series comes around? It'd be interesting to see how she would deal with that. She's kind of been the one caught in the middle of everyone elses drama..... but that'd give her her own dramatic storyline. Francesca's been a main character since the first series and Matt dominated a lot of this one. Bringing Lauren to the forefront would be great for a new series. (See they surely HAVE to give us another series? :p)

Lauren's a very likeable character, so I hope we do see her in any third series. I hope she hasn't been raped though - I like the character too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    KentLassie wrote: »
    but they wouldn't put sentenced criminals in with people waiting trial.

Correct. But you could just as easily make the case that it's a local holding category B jail, and the Dad's been sent back for misdemeanour's at a lower category prison (if he would even be allowed down that far- I forget what he was initially in for anyway but I know it was a long stretch).

The funniest thing in terms of the realism for me, wasn't that they were both in the same position but they allowed both of them to submit a VO for the same person on the same day, I'm sure this wouldn't be allowed.

And am I going mad or was there more than four episodes in the first series?