Options

Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict season 7 will be the last for True blood.
  • Options
    sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about Lying Game, apart from PLL it's the only show from ABC Fam I thought was any good. There were so many unanswered questions and the roof fall at the end of last season. Even a short S3 would have been nice, but I guess that's just the way it goes :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABC Family are rumoured to be cancelling Bunheads, as the sets have been taken down.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like "Save Me" and "The Goodwin Games" won't be renewed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like "Save Me" and "The Goodwin Games" won't be renewed.
    lol of course they won't...they were already defecto cancelled when the networks decided to air them as summer burn-offs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Donovan Renewed for Season 2 by Showtime

American Dad's upcoming season will be it's last on Fox, it will then move to TBS late 2014
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    lol of course they won't...they were already defecto cancelled when the networks decided to air them as summer burn-offs

I didn't realise they were summer burn-offs.

I thought 'The Goodwin Games' was meant to be a serious contender for new sit com at least based on cast and writers.

I liked 'Save Me' it was quirky enough to keep me going, but it was probably too Anti Christian for the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought 'The Goodwin Games' was meant to be a serious contender for new sit com at least based on cast and writers.

I liked 'Save Me' it was quirky enough to keep me going, but it was probably too Anti Christian for the US.

I'm sure it was when it was commissioned... the network must've had very little faith in it, hence the burn-off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    American Dad's upcoming season will be it's last on Fox, it will then move to TBS late 2014

Love AD, given it is unlikely to be pre-empted on TBS we might finally get it within a year of it's initial broadcast. (I can dream).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am suprised about American Dad

Although this may allow FOX to focus more on Bob's Burgers now American Dad and The Cleveland show are gone.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Shame about Lying Game, apart from PLL it's the only show from ABC Fam I thought was any good. There were so many unanswered questions and the roof fall at the end of last season. Even a short S3 would have been nice, but I guess that's just the way it goes :(

Have you read the books? IMO they are much better than the TV series (which I still do enjoy) and the final one is coming out at the end of the month.
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumors are circulating that Scott and Bailey is back for a fourth series. ITV have yet to officially announce it.

any reason this is in a thread about US tv shows when its a UK show? :D

Also if it did return it could be without Suranne Jones who hinted in interviews for the previous series that she was unsure if she wanted to do another series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any reason this is in a thread about US tv shows when its a UK show? :D

Also if it did return it could be without Suranne Jones who hinted in interviews for the previous series that she was unsure if she wanted to do another series.

It's taken you weeks to reply to that, so your opinion is now void.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunheads has officially been cancelled
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Under the Dome is certain to get renewed ... I predict it will be renewed within the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member

Apparently the network liked the pilot...the episodes following it? Not so much.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the network liked the pilot...the episodes following it? Not so much.

They just didn't get Eli!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX had a lack of faith in The Goodwin games from the start. It originally had 13 episodes but they abruply cut down the episode order while filming episode 7 and then waited until the end of the television season to air it. FOX know how to treat shows like crap. Firefly anyone?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Under the Dome is certain to get renewed ... I predict it will be renewed within the next 2 weeks.

Good to know. Just a pity someone gave away the point of the show in an entirely unrelated thread on DS so i don't really fancy watching it now.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FOX had a lack of faith in The Goodwin games from the start. It originally had 13 episodes but they abruply cut down the episode order while filming episode 7 and then waited until the end of the television season to air it. FOX know how to treat shows like crap. Firefly anyone?

True, but unlike Firefly, The Goodwin Games was pretty awful. I watched the first couple and am not surprised it is being cancelled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Bunheads has officially been cancelled

This bummed me out more than I can say...:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

Come off it. Will Browncoats (or whatever crappy nickname Firefly fans have given themselves) ever forgive Fox? I very much doubt Kevin Reilly was in charge when Firefly was on air.

(Edit: Just checked. No, he joined in 2007. Meaning he is partially responsible for keeping Fringe on air until the writers were able to finish it their way...)
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Starz's "Magic City" is on the chopping block:
    Tim Goodman ‏@BastardMachine 3h

Could be Dead Wrong In Public on this, but having heard TV Exec Speak for years, not getting the renewal vibe on #MagicCity….
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    True, but unlike Firefly, The Goodwin Games was pretty awful. I watched the first couple and am not surprised it is being cancelled.

I actually really liked The Goodwin Games. Super interesting premise and great cast - the first few episodes of any new series take a while to find their feet. I'm mostly sad for Becki Newton that it didn't take off, but I enjoyed all 7 episodes and I wish we could have at least seen a full 12 episodes, even if it didn't go any further.
  • Options
    marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lying Game has been cancelled after two seasons

True Blood has been renewed for a seventh season.

I'm really disappointed at the lying game cancellation. I think that there was a good fan base and lots of questions still to answer at the end of season 2. I guess these will now never be answered. And Alex Chando fantastic performance.