The winner of the 1/4 final is.. Emma Willis

dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
Emma totally carried the show tonight. Much to Tom's appreciation!

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was decent, far better than Holly Willoughby was the previous 2 years. Nice to hear a presenter who doesn't feel the need to screech in front of a live audience.

Some of her interactions with the coaches was pretty lame though.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was bloody awful.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was ok, I don't like that sort of dress though where their boobs are just hanging.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was terrible imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    She was decent, far better than Holly Willoughby was the previous 2 years. Nice to hear a presenter who doesn't feel the need to screech in front of a live audience.

Holly was just bizarre on The Voice, I really don't understand how she was so bad. Compare her presenting to Dancing on Ice, Surprise Surprise or even Xtra Factor and it was worlds apart.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Emma and her style of presenting. She just seems 'real'......mistakes n all.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked stunning tonight. She is improving so much.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Emma! Her presenting style is effortless, she has a quick repartee and is just a natural who can adapt to any format.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Love Emma. She can do no wrong in my eyes.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the exchanges with the judges in between performances quite stilted and awkward tonight and Emma has to take some responsibility for that.

But she's still better than, say, Dermot O'Leary on the X Factor (not that I really watch, but from the little I've seen).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I found the exchanges with the judges in between performances quite stilted and awkward tonight and Emma has to take some responsibility for that.

But she's still better than, say, Dermot O'Leary on the X Factor (not that I really watch, but from the little I've seen).

The awkwardness was also probably a combination of an overall poor production and the judges seem quite reserved and quiet in comparison to other talent show judges when going out live. X Factor, BGT, SCD and even Dancing on Ice all have much stronger and fluid panels.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She kept trying the question 'How do you make a
    singer into a
    singer?' , which makes no sense at all.

In general I like her though, less frantic than Holly.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was just awful. Her rapport with the judges was so bad I was cringing. When they did answer she interrupted. I wish her fans would stop saying otherwise
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

Screecher Willis not screeching? Well, that's novel. :D It's always been a strange move having the scratchy cracked voiced Screecher on a programme called The Voice.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was rather abrasive, which didn't create a good atmosphere.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She`s a bit of a desperate wannabe, with no discernible warmth or interaction skills and a loud screechy style of presenting. I didn`t particularly like Holly, but she had far more warmth than this Willis woman.

I must admit that she does have a small but determined hardcore of fans who have been bigging her up for years on social media sites, who simultaneously slam whichever unfortunate person is in possession of the job she is after...
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    She`s a bit of a desperate wannabe, with no discernible warmth or interaction skills and a loud screechy style of presenting. I didn`t particularly like Holly, but she had far more warmth than this Willis woman.

I must admit that she does have a small but determined hardcore of fans who have been bigging her up for years on social media sites, who simultaneously slam whichever unfortunate person is in possession of the job she is after...

Couldn't disagree more.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member
    I adore Emma. I think you could tell it was her first big live primetime show. Big Brother is a show she knows inside out/ back to front. But here you could see her stumble at times in new territory.

I agree about some dodgy lines from her, but surely that's on the autocue - the presenter wouldn't get to make up questions to ask the panel!

It's a poor format really with lots of awkward moments of silence (like the move from Emma to marvin after they got through) bit Emma covered it well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Emma. I think she is great on the Voice. I think she's warm, quick witted and beautiful.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4smiffy wrote: »
    She was ok, I don't like that sort of dress though where their boobs are just hanging.

Really !?

I was captivated by her boobs !

Just hoping for the merest hint of slippage ....

That's blokes for you though .
    :)

Edit - at least she's sorted out her hairdresser . I trust she sacked the one who did her hair for the two shows last weekend .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4smiffy wrote: »

I think it looked really nice and looked a lot more classier but still sexy at the same time than the plunging neckline black dress holly wore where she had her tits squashed so much together, that just looked tacky and unnatural.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For such a beautiful woman , she looks a mess again tonight .

She should sack the hair stylist and she should also choose her own clothes for the show.

She looks a 100 times better on Big Brother .