Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    This is just a ponder I had last night, but why is the Barlow's number 1 Coronation Street when The Rovers is at the start of the street?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Zebstriker wrote: »
    Not really an SOR, more writers' amnesia. Tony asked if Jason and Todd got on together. Jason said something like "Most of the time. We never fight over girls". He was forgetting that before Todd knew he was gay, he was going out with Candice, then Jason shagged her behind his back.
    Wasn't Todd angry that Jason slept with Sarah?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyBf6P9KzY4
  • Options
    Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Why is rob acting so shifty? Surely he should be glad that the police are sniffing round the barlows since he wants peter to be arrested?

If anything is likely to nail rob it will be his ott guilty looking face.

On that topic, why hasnt deidre or tracy suspected rob? If the police are indicating that they think someone under that roof is the killer then why not suspect everyone?

It looked to me as though the Police had Eccles in the frame for this last night.

At the very least it looks like they are going to proceed with charges of tampering with evidence and perverting the course of justice :)
  • Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a SOR but a continuity error. When Tyrone was talking to Luke in the garage he was seen putting on a pair of plastic gloves so he could work under the car - as he was talking he waved his hands about and lo and behold the gloves had disappeared!
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Why is rob acting so shifty? Surely he should be glad that the police are sniffing round the barlows since he wants peter to be arrested?

If anything is likely to nail rob it will be his ott guilty looking face.

On that topic, why hasnt deidre or tracy suspected rob? If the police are indicating that they think someone under that roof is the killer then why not suspect everyone?

I don't think I've seen anyone look quite so shifty and guilty as Rob did last night. It's hard to see why the bracelet is evidence of their guilt because it was found in their back yard. Anyone could have dropped it there, and they've all picked it up and handled it, so their fingerprints/DNA would be on it anyway.
  • Options
    Shoegal202Shoegal202 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Does Katy still live with Steph as last night she said she had to go pick up Joseph but its seemed like she was leaving for the night rather than coming back?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Nick put the last two cases into the car boot for David and Kylie. The camera showed a close up of the boot and it was glaringly obvious that it was impossible for the boot lid to close because of the height of all the cases. Then the camera shot changed and showed Nick effortlessly closing the boot.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick put the last two cases into the car boot for David and Kylie. The camera showed a close up of the boot and it was glaringly obvious that it was impossible for the boot lid to close because of the height of all the cases. Then the camera shot changed and showed Nick effortlessly closing the boot.

I noticed that too, one case was on top another and as you say the lid would never close.:o
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,080
    Forum Member
    nothing like crap continuity, would not surprise me if Max comes back played by an Asian girl and nobody noticed

as for todd and Jason, is it any wonder he turned gay considering Jason kept sh_ging his girlfriends
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've seen anyone look quite so shifty and guilty as Rob did last night. It's hard to see why the bracelet is evidence of their guilt because it was found in their back yard. Anyone could have dropped it there, and they've all picked it up and handled it, so their fingerprints/DNA would be on it anyway.

'Tis the Corrie way for feelings to be made clear on the face of Corrie actors. That's just in case us viewers are too stupid to follow what's going on. Corrie has become very amateur.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that just another excample of how much Corrie actually DON'T care about production values? Amateur crap.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought only i had spotted that. Pleased to see everyone on the ball.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    nothing like crap continuity, would not surprise me if Max comes back played by an Asian girl and nobody noticed

as for todd and Jason, is it any wonder he turned gay considering Jason kept sh_ging his girlfriends

Well, if Xin comes back I'll be happy :D (I think I must be the only one who liked her)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I noticed that too, one case was on top another and as you say the lid would never close.:o
    I thought only i had spotted that. Pleased to see everyone on the ball.

I noticed that too but had forgotten about it! LOL
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »

It happened in real life too as I recall when Bruno (Todd) was dating Tina O'Brian (Sarah) and she left him for Ryan (Jason).
    chestfield wrote: »
    Well, if Xin comes back I'll be happy :D (I think I must be the only one who liked her)

No, I really liked her too.
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    So Marcus, like so many characters before him, just has to leave town because he has split up with his lover. Nobody in Corrie ever seems to realise that Manchester is quite a big place and it would probably be easier just to get a flat on the other side of town. Marcus doesn't know where he is going (probably 'that London'), where he is going to live, what he is going to live on and how he is going to find new employment. No doubt he won't worry about silly little things like giving his current employer the contractually required period of notice of intention to quit. And no doubt, like so many before him, he will ride off into the sunset with all his worldly possessions stuffed into one suitcase. Most gay men wouldn't even be able to fit all their Kylie CDs in one suitcase.

Pretty harsh discipline from his employers too. Suspended because of persistent lateness? More likely he would've received a verbal warning.

The forensics team at the Barlows' house: why were they wearing face masks? I thought they only wore those if looking for a dead body.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    No, I really liked her too.

Make that three as I liked her too! (But wouldn't like her as Max mind!) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    Pretty harsh discipline from his employers too. Suspended because of persistent lateness? More likely he would've received a verbal warning.

I made a comment about this to my OH. As an ex-NHS manager, I can confirm that it takes a heck of a lot to get to the suspension stage (unless it's for some really serious misdemeanour) and there's a whole raft of warnings and procedures before it'd get to that point!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    The forensics team at the Barlows' house: why were they wearing face masks? I thought they only wore those if looking for a dead body.

Maybe the house is just really smelly? :D
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Must be all that stuffed marrow!!
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Deidre's **** and smoky clothes, probably.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that too but had forgotten about it! LOL

Me too. It's as if they filmed Nick piling huge case on top of huge case, and instead of redoing it so the cases actually fitted in the boot, said 'Sod it!' and just left it as it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a comment about this to my OH. As an ex-NHS manager, I can confirm that it takes a heck of a lot to get to the suspension stage (unless it's for some really serious misdemeanour) and there's a whole raft of warnings and procedures before it'd get to that point!

Yes, it was a real plot contrivance to manoeuvre Marcus to his exit. Most unconvincing. They don't seem very good at work procedures in Corrie. Carla (sorry, Mrs Connor) sacks, promotes and demotes staff on a whim, and Gail starts as receptionist and has to become a cleaner to make room for Kal's daughter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If so many people on DS see so many SORs and there must be people seeing them who don't post here, it stands to reason that people who work on Corrie also see them. So what does that say about Corrie's attitude?

Corrie has been going downhill for a number of years now. It isn't just the current prooducer's fault although he sounds a bit of a twonk! The rot is much deeper and higher than at his level. Someone, somewhere needs a kick up the bot.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    If so many people on DS see so many SORs and there must be people seeing them who don't post here, it stands to reason that people who work on Corrie also see them. So what does that say about Corrie's attitude?

Corrie has been going downhill for a number of years now. It isn't just the current prooducer's fault although he sounds a bit of a twonk! The rot is much deeper and higher than at his level. Someone, somewhere needs a kick up the bot.
    True, producers come and go -- the writers remain and they should have some idea of continuity.

Who is the show's archivist?
This discussion has been closed.