Has the Kindle changed your life?

NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm an avid reader and there used to be books piled everywhere and 2 large full bookcases and my colection was growing. But then I got a kindle and now I have a library of almost 3000 books and a tidy house. I could not live without it .

In fact I always have one with me and one at home charging. My husband loves the lack of books and the neater home and I love the touch of the kindle - touching a book feels eww now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It's confirmed I love to be surrounded by a pile of big old dusty books. Thankfully we are all different
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    What is Kindle?
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has certainly sorted out that annoying wobble on the big kitchen table.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Kindle but it hasn't really changed my life. I've read a lot of daft freebie books that I wouldn't have otherwise read and a few sensible ones.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I do enjoy my e reader, it's fast and convenient but now and again I do buy proper books; I still appreciate and value them.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both - a kindle in my bag with 300+ books ready to read, on the bus, train, plane etc, and several bulging bookcases at home. I love real books, the cover photograph, the blurb on the back, the feel of turning the pages. I also love my kindle, for never again having to experience that "what am I going to read" panic, when stuck in traffic/at the airport etc.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    You can read embarrassing novels by the pool with ease
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    I'm an avid reader and there used to be books piled everywhere and 2 large full bookcases and my colection was growing. But then I got a kindle and now I have a library of almost 3000 books and a tidy house. I could not live without it .

Same - I thought I'd hate a kindle, but since I got one 18 months ago I've hardly bought any physical books. I read a lot, about a book a week, so it used to be a problem with storage, and also a hassle taking lots of books on holiday. Now I have a neat 2 bookcases, and I read even more than I used to as it's so easy to get new books quickly.
  • Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love my kindle, but how the "F" can one change a life for most people in "western" society?!!!!!!!!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have a Kindle. I hardly use it.

I use my 'phone or Ipad instead.

I have also enjoyed listening to Audible audio books.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love proper books.
  • spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now read books on my kindle where I would previously have picked up a paperback. Changed my life? Not really, but I do like having more than one book to hand especially when travelling.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I have a Kindle. I hardly use it.

I use my 'phone or Ipad instead.

I have also enjoyed listening to Audible audio books.

Audio books are wonderful! It's great to still be immersed in a book when I'm tidying up or travelling.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed my life I can get hundreds of free books with out traipsing to the library and having to carry a ton weight home !
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping it will lead to even more people donating their books to charity shops where I will snaffle them for a fraction of the cost of an e-book.
    That will improve my life loads, thanks.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »

In fact I always have one with me and one at home charging. My husband loves the lack of books and the neater home and I love the touch of the kindle - touching a book feels eww now.

yes i love the kindle, best purchase I made this year,
    Now i can read anywhere I like, without the hassle of turning pages, :rolleyes:
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Well it hasn't changed my life, but I do love my Kindle, I took most of my books to a charity shop and probably will never buy a physical book again, and I was always one to love the feel of books.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    I love proper books.

I do. They smell good. I aspire to a larger house with one room decked out in old fashioned wood panelling and filled with books as per some stately home library.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if a battery powered device could change your life, pfft.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it will lead to even more people donating their books to charity shops where I will snaffle them for a fraction of the cost of an e-book.
    That will improve my life loads, thanks.

There are a huge number of free books available.

My Kindle hasn't really changed my life but it does leave me more room in my suitcase for booze when coming home from holidays.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if a battery powered device could change your life, pfft.

Try saying that to all the single women out there;)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    Try saying that to my all the single women out there;)

Or men.
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It kind of has changed my life, I have started reading again after a long, long time.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    There are a huge number of free books available.

My Kindle hasn't really changed my life but it does leave me more room in my suitcase for booze when coming home from holidays.

Well thats a game-changer, certainly.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use mine if I am travelling by train or long bus journeys, but I still love books. Nothing can beat the smell of the paper in new books. Sniffing the Kindle just isn't the same.