Options

Goldfrapp - Tales Of Us (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,503
Forum Member
✭✭
Three years since Head First (and over a year since the GH), Goldfrapp are back with a new album.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a488923/goldfrapp-reveal-new-album-title-artwork.html

As a recent newbie to them, all i can say is, Bring It On

Stunning artwork and the tracklisting is interesting as it is all names.

Comments

• Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very exciting. I'm a big fan too. Here is the trailer for the album which has samples of a few of the songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Rp0zJ2q8

It seems to be more of a down tempo affair like Seventh Tree and Felt Mountain. I do prefer more of their uptempo albums like Supernature and Black Cherry, but I definitely I"m looking forward to the new album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really liked Mountain and Tree, but i am excited for this album.
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ You crazy!!! That's my fave ones from them!! :D I can't wait for this, wonder what they'll do next. 8-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    ^^ You crazy!!! That's my fave ones from them!! :D I can't wait for this, wonder what they'll do next. 8-)

All in good time. Make take a while to grow on me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up, the album has leaked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Just a heads up, the album has leaked.

I've been listening to nothing else since last Thursday when it leaked. Utterly brilliant. Love child of Felt Mountain and Seventh Tree. Soooo pretty :)
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only consistent act around. Love 'em.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it so much at first. I'm more of a fan of Black Cherry and Supernature, But after listening to it more times, I really love it. It's not immediate but it really grows on you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure about this really. It doesn't feel like a Goldfrapp album at all.
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I didn't like it so much at first. I'm more of a fan of Black Cherry and Supernature, But after listening to it more times, I really love it. It's not immediate but it really grows on you.

This sentence tells me that I'll love this album. Black Cherry & Supernature are my least faves you see. :D