The Crash Reel

gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
Forum Member
Is anyone watching this on Sky Atlantic? Oh my god how crazy are these people!? I've never heard of Kevin Pearce before I just can't believe he wants to start snow boarding again.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught up with this yesterday and despite never having snowboarded (or even skied) in my life or ever showing any interest in snowboarding, I found this film fascinating.

I never realised before how dangerous the snowboarding or any of the other "extreme sports" (are those the right words?) shown are. When they were showing the film of all the different injuries and how much it changed their lives, especially the biker who ended up a quadriplegic, I found that really upsetting, especially as they were all so young.

And even after all he had been through, Kevin Pearce still wanted to carry on snowboarding! I just couldn't believe that, although I think towards the end he did realise that he wasn't going to be able to carry on like before.

A very thought provoking documentary and I look forward to seeing what the other programmes are like in the series that Sky are showing.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this recently and it is still very much on my mind. A great documentary that is hard to watch at times but also very uplifting at others, particularly when Kevin's brother David talks. And what can you say about this guys family other than, wow, just amazingly good people.
    I've been recommending this to everyone....and the soundtrack is brilliant!