Luke Friend - the absolute star of the series.

aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
Forum Member
✭✭
He started off as the underdog, got very limited screen time and yet made it to the final with some of the most memorable performances and moments (Run). He's gained so much support and I only wish good things for Luke in the future and I'm sure he'll be signed and will release some amazing music. What a gracious exit too. Proud of Luke :)

Comments

• valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, he was so good. I'm sad but know HE will be the one that has the most success. He has the full package! Good luck Luke xxx
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I wasn't particularly into him at first but he definitely ended up being the most interesting of the lot and a nice boy to boot.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    He started off as the underdog, got very limited screen time and yet made it to the final with some of the most memorable performances and moments (Run). He's gained so much support and I only wish good things for Luke in the future and I'm sure he'll be signed and will release some amazing music. What a gracious exit too. Proud of Luke :)

totally agree :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will look back at this season as the Luke Friend year.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I wasn't particularly into him at first but he definitely ended up being the most interesting of the lot and a nice boy to boot.

ditto but I am glad he didn't win I wouldn't want him saddled with the winners tag which can be a poisoned chalice. This way I am sure he will do well. I would be amazed if he didn't get signed
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Nope....that was Hannah...but Luke came a close 2nd for me:D:D
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    At least Luke didn't go for the sympathy vote unlike the other two. We had Sam in the weekday telling the Mail Online that she had had a miscarriage on stage and today I read that Nicholas had heart trouble and could die anytime. So there we have it. The two that went for the sympathy got through and the one that didn't he didn't get through.
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelley was the star for me.
  • fischfisch Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Nope....that was Hannah...but Luke came a close 2nd for me:D:D

Quite agree Hannah was robbed People forget Luke was in the bottom 2 3 times we will soon find out how close he was to going out when the stats are revealed.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dont see how someone who has been bottom 2, 3 times can be referred to as the star of the series.
  • fischfisch Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    At least Luke didn't go for the sympathy vote unlike the other two. We had Sam in the weekday telling the Mail Online that she had had a miscarriage on stage and today I read that Nicholas had heart trouble and could die anytime. So there we have it. The two that went for the sympathy got through and the one that didn't he didn't get through.

What about the poor little busker from Devon then???
  • rokaroka Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Lol, unbelievable, he's utterly shite.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's made X Factor history by being the first act to survive three sing off's and make the final. :)

I hope he does well out of this :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I will look back at this season as the Luke Friend year.

Me too! I'm going to miss watching him on Saturday evenings:cry:
  • Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was the weakest tonight.

His low tone is crap. He can only really shine with high.

His duet was awful I thought.
  • ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was the only reason I watched X Factor this year
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    Shelley was the star for me.
    Very funny!
  • sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    He seems like a really nice guy though. Not sure X factor is the right place for him though, he's more of an ed Sheeran style singer
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Totally agree OP, he had the whole package for me in the end compared to the other two bores. Certainly had a good stage presence unlike Miss Shouty and the school boy, they are just sooooo boring.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I hope he has a huge career despite X Factor.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can hold his head up high, but this positivity ain't for DS, hun! :p
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Totally agree OP, he had the whole package for me in the end compared to the other two bores. Certainly had a good stage presence unlike Miss Shouty and the school boy, they are just sooooo boring.

He had the whole package stuffed up his big girls blouse didn't he:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I would actually make my own record label and sign him if nobody else does and I had time and money (but being a 16 year old girl in the middle of my GCSEs may be a bit of a hindrance)
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jade1997 wrote: »
    I would actually make my own record label and sign him if nobody else does and I had time and money (but being a 16 year old girl in the middle of my GCSEs may be a bit of a hindrance)

I'm sure he will get signed :). He said in an interview (can't remember which article) that he's had a few approaches about his music, and how he's going to work so hard with his music. I loved that it was so evident that he LOVED music and we could see the passion in the performances!
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was the only reason I watched X Factor this year

First and only time I've watched XF live. He made it worth it. I have no reason to watch tomorrow. Luke will have a fabulous career. :cool: